ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #4726
mchester
Honda Cult Member

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 0
Heh, I just went out the other day and got a file photo of that place. Nice one.
I guess you're all set then... wait the appropriate amount of time and...

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush

2004 XR650L & 2003 ST1300
mchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #4727
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister C
What! Trying to show up my tag with a better photo? I thought you were a hostage in Chicago and wouldn't be tagging? And you practically drove by my front door and didn't bring me breakfast. What's the matter, afraid of my wife for turning her into a tag widow?
Yeah, Meefzah gives out free photography tips here on this forum.
See here is an even better photo.

My shrink in Chicago thought that it would be OK to give me a weekend pass from the tagging rehab center. Apparently he was wrong, but he has only dealt with low-level addictions like drugs and alcohol, so I guess he can be forgiven. I got home last night about 10 PM and I was up at 6:30 this morning falling off the wagon.

Not only was I afraid of your wife, I was afraid of what my wife would do to me if I spent the morning at your house after being gone all week.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #4728
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 0
Heh, I just went out the other day and got a file photo of that place. Nice one.
We apparently need to coin another term along with Bruce'd, Swingset tag, and Meef'ed. This term would be for using a file photo to get a tag. Let's see.... How 'bout "Castle".

As in "They initially gave him credit for the tag, but later disqualified it because he had Castle'd the tag".

Calling Swingset. I think it is your specialty to properly document our new new terms.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
Old 05-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #4729
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Now that I'm home and can post pics from my camera and not my phone, here's the better pic from getting Bruced...
Old 05-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #4730
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,301
I noticed we passed the same guy twice, didn't figure it to be you; I thought you were still in Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner
Funny story that goes along with that. I got to Brinkhaven and took the tag picture, but could not get a decent signal on my cell phone to post the picture. I got back on SR62 to head to Danville where I knew the signal would be better. On the way there, I see 2 bikes coming the other way. One is one a Strom whose rider is wearing a garish Hi-Viz jacket and the other is riding a bright green Ninja. I thought to myself, "That has to be Meefzah and Spark", so I pulled over at the next road and post the tag because I knew that you would be posting very soon. I then headed back to Brinkhaven to catch up with the 2 of you. On the way there, you went the other way back towards Danville. I turned around and tried to catch you, but there was a Statey sitting there on SR62 in Danville (that I had seen when I pulled over to post the tag), so I never did.

I headed over to Peggy Sue's because I figured that you would head there for breakfast, but you were not there.

When I was a kid I used to ride from my parent's cabin near Danville over to the Brinkhaven Dam on some gravel roads. Rinding to Brinkhaven brought back some cool memories.

New tag up shortly.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #4731
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
It is about 3 miles north of Danville on SR62.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM30X0
ITS A US ROUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 05-23-2009, 08:56 AM   #4732
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
We apparently need to coin another term along with Bruce'd, Swingset tag, and Meef'ed.
What is the definition of Meef'd?

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 05-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #4733
Castro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Very tempting...2.5 hrs of nothing but back roads each way.

But...I still post from home and not from the road, so my post would start with the phrase: "Bruced!"
Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #4734
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Meef'd [verb] (me-f-d) the act of riding long distances at any time of day or weather to obtain a "tag" before anyone else has a clue what's going on.
Example "I Meef'd that tag at 3 am even though I rode 200 miles in 1 hour to get there and recieved five speeding tickets."

Meef [Noun] (me-f-u)The person responsible for making this game more addictive than crack cocain or heroin due to his surprise attacks and ability to pop out of nowhere to obtain a tag. Then placing the tag in areas that make it challenging yet far from impossible.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #4735
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Meef'ed is when you take a photo that is similar to the actual tag and looks like the tag, but is actually different than the tag, for example a certain sign in Sugar Creek

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=2087

You are correct 62 is a US hwy and not a state route. Sorry that I Castle'd the road name. Mapmakr will be very disappointed in me. I think sub-consciously that I was trying to throw people off. Sometimes a few minutes, like 6 or so, can make all the difference.

I got back from Chicago at about 10 PM last night after a spirited drive.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
Old 05-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #4736
Mr. 0
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Stonewall cemetery outside lancaster

http://m.flickr.com/photo.gne?id=3557228048&
Mr. 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #4737
Mr. 0
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353

Next

Overlooking ohio's first capital. You might want to see if there is a historical marker for "dard hunter"

Sorry if the image is huge. Couldn't post it proper since the library won't let me use their internets. Will fix later

Edit: Alright, well I guess that the pic I posted ended up being little. I thought it was going to end up posting the original size. So here's the story. I grabbed the tag, and posted from my phone. I decided to run on into Lancaster and hit the library so I could post the new tag, because I knew I was going to be riding around. I get to the library, and they wouldn't let me use their computers. They require a library card number and a PIN. I asked nicely, but they wouldn't let me.

I go back out to the parking lot, and begin posting the new tag from my phone. While I'm doing so a car pulls into the parking spot behind me, and she honks her horn. I thought maybe she was going to yell at me for being there, since it's clearly posted "library patrons only". I walk up to her window and she says "I wanted to see if you were paying attention. I could have run over you, you know." I sort of half laugh at her, and walk away. She gets out of the car and then says "I think motorcycles should have a blue light in the center of the headlight so people can tell that it's not a car with a headlight out." Again I laugh politely, and say "Uhhh yeah, that's a good idea" as she heads into the library.

Following that I ran down to Athens, then back up to Lake Hope. My first taste of real southern Ohio riding. I've been down there in the car plenty, but never on the bike. That's some fun riding.

Mr. 0 screwed with this post 05-23-2009 at 03:57 PM
Mr. 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #4738
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Mr. O, you are a tribute to the game.

What a great tag. I love it. I read the history, cool as hell.

This should be a fun weekend o' tagging. You FF's can rest easy as I will be working from now until Monday 6 am, thus my contributions to this thread will only include compliments, sarcastic comments, and scathing remarks calling for the banning of morons.

My Smugmug Galleries

MeefZah screwed with this post 05-23-2009 at 11:14 AM
Old 05-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #4739
Castro
Gnarly Adventurer

Tag!

Excellent choice! That was just over four and a half hours on the road and not a bit of expressway.

Upon further inspection, that star that you see in the background is actually full of light bulbs. I didnt stay around to see if they light up every night or if this is just for special occasions (or if at all) but it was cool to look at.

If I turned around I saw this:

Close-up:

The first sentence reads: "This classic Gothic Revival home built in the early 1850's was one of Ohio's early wineries with terraced hillside vineyards overlooking the city of Chillicothe." The owner was Dard Hunter from 1919-1966, who was a craftsman, artist, and historian who was the first individual in the history of printing to produce all aspects of a book by hand.
Details here: http://www.dardhunter.com/

The house:

Castro screwed with this post 05-23-2009 at 06:52 PM
Old 05-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #4740
Castro
Gnarly Adventurer

Next Tag:

If you started at the last tag, you would follow this 2 digit US route west. After you pass an intersection with a 3 digit State Route (all the same digit), the next street you come to on the right is your street. Turn down there and you'll come to it in just a "lick". There isnt a good place to take the photos headed towards it, so go across it and get the photo from the other side.
Still need a hint? Go to this county's website and look at the history section. You'll find a photo of it there. According to the website, it is the only one in this county.

I got this file tag yesterday in hopes of getting one today. I went through this thread page by page a few months ago and I dont remember this one ever being on there.

Castro screwed with this post 05-23-2009 at 05:45 PM