ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 04:44 AM   #5671
lorazepam
Two fisted burger
 
lorazepam's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Ashland County, Oh
Oddometer: 8,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1
You're loving that Versys! How many miles you got on her already?
1500 or so, and I don't get the pleasure of commuting on it . I wish it was more.
__________________
"In the end, I just want to break even."
R. Manuel
lorazepam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:06 AM   #5672
Just GO!
Countersteer it.
 
Just GO!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: SE Ohio
Oddometer: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLR
Next tag.....................




Wow Denny-did you look for flower beds that matched your bike???? Looks like a bike ad!

No Kay, I'm not that creative or




thoughtful. Flowers are just flowers and




it would be too much work to try to find ones to match the color of my bike.........



Geez.......................


.
__________________
Don't know why I'm lost all the time...
Everyone is always telling me where to go.
Just GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:16 AM   #5673
Just GO!
Countersteer it.
 
Just GO!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: SE Ohio
Oddometer: 2,867
"Dear Abbey".............[quote=dsump]These tags need to be more North for me. Every time I see a new one I plot it out and it's a 3hr trip to the tag and 3hrs back home. My wife would shit if I were gone that long just to ride my bike. Leave her home with the four kids just to go ride that far is a no-no. I guess I'm Lucky I just have a bike. P-whipped[/quote


To which Abbey replies, "Dear p-whipped, yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah........

Sometimes you just have to be sneaky...............





__________________
Don't know why I'm lost all the time...
Everyone is always telling me where to go.
Just GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:40 AM   #5674
bruceride
City Boy
 
bruceride's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: New Lexington, OH
Oddometer: 1,240
Wow - all these tags so close - and yet - so much work. I liked my old schedule with Mondays off better for this, I think. But, I do get Saturdays off now
__________________
www.ridenourauto.com
bruceride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:29 AM   #5675
dsump
Longtime Lurker
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Clev. OH
Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just GO!
"Dear Abbey".............[quote=dsump]These tags need to be more North for me. Every time I see a new one I plot it out and it's a 3hr trip to the tag and 3hrs back home. My wife would shit if I were gone that long just to ride my bike. Leave her home with the four kids just to go ride that far is a no-no. I guess I'm Lucky I just have a bike. P-whipped[/quote


To which Abbey replies, "Dear p-whipped, yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah........

Sometimes you just have to be sneaky...............





I'll figure it out. She is a pretty cool wifey, it's just our kids are young, 8,6,3,newborn. I also feel a little selfish when I go do stuff on my own without them, when I could take 'em to the zoo or something. I stopped motocross racing because of the kids. What if I were to put my bike on the trailer and take everyone around to these different tags and then get a picture that way (kidding)? A tags a tag right? You wait, I'll be in the background and when I snatch that tag you'll all be sorry. I will stick it so far north you will have to swim to get it.
dsump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #5676
Sparkster
Live seriously.
 
Sparkster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Home sweet home.
Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsump
I'll figure it out. She is a pretty cool wifey, it's just our kids are young, 8,6,3,newborn. I also feel a little selfish when I go do stuff on my own without them, when I could take 'em to the zoo or something. I stopped motocross racing because of the kids. What if I were to put my bike on the trailer and take everyone around to these different tags and then get a picture that way (kidding)? A tags a tag right? You wait, I'll be in the background and when I snatch that tag you'll all be sorry. I will stick it so far north you will have to swim to get it.
As a fellow daddy day care man, I empathize. I don't really ride much in the summer until school starts, and when my two were as young as your youngest I didn't have a prayer of even having a bike. Night tags are a good solution, just watch your attitude the next day. I found out the hard way how cranky I get when I've been up all night and the kids want to bicker over a cartoon.
__________________
www.HeroHolsters.com
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:54 AM   #5677
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 14,168
The plan behind the game.
-The tag game is a fun and addictive game but the real goal is to get riders to get out and ride to areas they normally wouldn't, or to just get them out riding. If your life is requiring you to stop riding and the only time you see the bike is when you pull the SUV into the garage next to it, then getting a tag if the least of your concerns. I hope you do get a tag but in the mean time I might encourage you to get a few file photos so that when you do get it there isn't a three week waiting period for the new tag to appear. Good luck, safe travels, and remember it's a game and the real winners found a new area to enjoy or had a perfect ride that reminded them why they love riding so much.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
2013 Super-10
2007 KTM950SEr
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #5678
dragoon OP
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe
 
dragoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Frazeysburg, OH
Oddometer: 23,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit
remember it's a game and the real winners found a new area to enjoy or had a perfect ride that reminded them why they love riding so much.
__________________
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
- Misery Goat


daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #5679
dsump
Longtime Lurker
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Clev. OH
Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit
The plan behind the game.
-The tag game is a fun and addictive game but the real goal is to get riders to get out and ride to areas they normally wouldn't, or to just get them out riding. If your life is requiring you to stop riding and the only time you see the bike is when you pull the SUV into the garage next to it, then getting a tag if the least of your concerns. I hope you do get a tag but in the mean time I might encourage you to get a few file photos so that when you do get it there isn't a three week waiting period for the new tag to appear. Good luck, safe travels, and remember it's a game and the real winners found a new area to enjoy or had a perfect ride that reminded them why they love riding so much.
That's an excellent idea. I could do a lot more riding in my area and especially on my way to work and collect photos for file. That could keep my wife happy and me happy as well. Nice idea, kinda like making my own private tag game and then when I catch up to you guys, I will have plenty of photos to pick from.
dsump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #5680
swingset
Got the knack.
 
swingset's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 10,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsump
That's an excellent idea. I could do a lot more riding in my area and especially on my way to work and collect photos for file. That could keep my wife happy and me happy as well. Nice idea, kinda like making my own private tag game and then when I catch up to you guys, I will have plenty of photos to pick from.
Yup, I'm a lazy ass tagger (as the "swingset-tag" implies) but I have an awesome file-photo collection.

I do ride to get some tags but I have very little free time to do so and I get Bruced a lot, which is ok I really don't get too worked up about it. I tend to select tags that are areas I have some interest in, and I use this game not to compete but to get ideas and to see the state vicariously through the eyes of people I like and know enjoy the same kind of riding I do.

And, I also hone my "patient hunter" skills and wait like a deadly predator to jump on the next tag that's within 2 miles of my house.

__________________
The Rant-Fu blog & podcast ->Rant-Fu




swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #5681
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsump
That's an excellent idea. I could do a lot more riding in my area and especially on my way to work and collect photos for file. That could keep my wife happy and me happy as well. Nice idea, kinda like making my own private tag game and then when I catch up to you guys, I will have plenty of photos to pick from.

You could start this game up again... Might find some players here?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=NEOhio

I think this is the last Tag. I know, not too exciting.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=83

If you get the tag put it in my `hood so I don't have to ride too far.

__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #5682
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser
 
mpenner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Centerburg, OH
Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit
No worse than I handled a slew of day time Brucings from you in the past. I never posted that I got bruced, so it never happened ..... right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorazepam
I have a boat load of brucings I have never posted.
It is more about riding new roads and seeing new stuff for me anyway.
Come on now. If you are going to go to the trouble of getting Bruce'd, the rest of us want to see it. You know, "the thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat". Get with it, how can you deny the rest of us the pleasure of seeing someone else getting Bruce'd?
__________________
Mike

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #5683
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 14,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner
Come on now. If you are going to go to the trouble of getting Bruce'd, the rest of us want to see it. You know, "the thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat". Get with it, how can you deny the rest of us the pleasure of seeing someone else getting Bruce'd?
Time and energy. Remember I'm on dial up so that 4 min it takes to load the photo into photobucket and then attach it here is time I'll never get back. I only show them if I've already loaded the photo and then realize, "oh crap, someone already got it."
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
2013 Super-10
2007 KTM950SEr
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #5684
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer
 
mynamewasmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: West Virgina transplant in Ohio
Oddometer: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsump
That's an excellent idea. I could do a lot more riding in my area and especially on my way to work and collect photos for file. That could keep my wife happy and me happy as well. Nice idea, kinda like making my own private tag game and then when I catch up to you guys, I will have plenty of photos to pick from.
The Tag up now would be a good two up trip, take a blanket and some stuff for a picnic get her into it and its a win win. Don't forget the Terra Cotta is out that way as well.
mynamewasmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #5685
lorazepam
Two fisted burger
 
lorazepam's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Ashland County, Oh
Oddometer: 8,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner
Come on now. If you are going to go to the trouble of getting Bruce'd, the rest of us want to see it. You know, "the thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat". Get with it, how can you deny the rest of us the pleasure of seeing someone else getting Bruce'd?
My problem now is remembering which are bruced tags, and ones I took for future use.
__________________
"In the end, I just want to break even."
R. Manuel
lorazepam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014