ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #6721
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,460
The Strom was running like absolute crap today, major sputtering at freeway speeds. Wonder if I got some crap in the airbox, or maybe water in the fuel, or maybe water was hitting the leading cyclinder's plug.

Either way, I got the tag in Zanesfield. I also took pity on Luke's tag game at Ohio Riders and got that moving again.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthrea...=30637&page=16

__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries

MeefZah screwed with this post 01-24-2010 at 02:10 PM
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #6722
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,460
Next, on 93 just north of a crossroads / rail crossing town that shares it's name with a California city. South of the town named for a sea. North of the US route which shares it's number with the caliber of a popular Colt Navy cap and ball revolver.

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #6723
Biff's R
Hill William
 
Biff's R's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Nerk, Ahia
Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger
Tag!
Buxton Inn in Granville, Oh.
Thanks to Goonie for letting me know the tag was in town when he, SlipChip and I had lunch at Brew's.

I parked there, but decided that i was more hungry than interested in the tag. so I went to the Delmar for a late lunch/early dinner.
__________________
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule.
Biff's R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:46 AM   #6724
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven
 
z@ch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Tejas Norte
Oddometer: 4,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
The Strom was running like absolute crap today, major sputtering at freeway speeds. Wonder if I got some crap in the airbox, or maybe water in the fuel, or maybe water was hitting the leading cyclinder's plug.
There's a spark plug drain hole on the right hand side of the motor. run a pipe cleaner up there to clean out any debris. Compressed air will help too.



Many guys on SV's run dielectric grease on the front plug to help alleviate this.
z@ch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:17 AM   #6725
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,460
Hmm, mine has an extra spark plug about where that hole should be.

Unless it's on the back side of the cylinder, I'm not seeing a drain hole.

It starts and idles fine now, I'm assuming the issue was caused by the wet weather. Possibly the fact that I had a near empty tank for the past two months and I'm sure I acquired a good amount of condensation in there what with the temperature changes lately. At least, I think that's how it works.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #6726
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Possibly the fact that I had a near empty tank for the past two months and I'm sure I acquired a good amount of condensation in there what with the temperature changes lately. At least, I think that's how it works.
Empty Tank, cold weather, Not Good....
__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #6727
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip
Empty Tank, cold weather, Not Good....
I parked it with the intention of riding it again, soon, and then it got all wintery and shit. Actually, as I recall, I let it idle for a while a month ago and I had to put lawnmower gas in it at that time, it was so empty. I'm a terrible owner. No way will I see 100k on that thing.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #6728
Wolfridgerider
Adventurer
 
Wolfridgerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 10
Looks like fun....
Wolfridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #6729
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfridgerider
Looks like fun....


Is that a Uly in your profile pic?
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #6730
Wolfridgerider
Adventurer
 
Wolfridgerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 10
Yeah... I hang out on Badweb for the most part but it is down.... AGAIN
so I thought I would check out ADV
Wolfridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #6731
dragoon OP
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe
 
dragoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Frazeysburg, OH
Oddometer: 23,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfridgerider
Yeah... I hang out on Badweb for the most part but it is down.... AGAIN
so I thought I would check out ADV
Meef is our meet & greeter, the ambassador of ADVOH if you will . Stick around and check out the Adventure in OH thread.
P.S. Don't try to read the whole thing it's just a "hey what are you doing" kind of a thread.
__________________
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
- Misery Goat


daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #6732
Wolfridgerider
Adventurer
 
Wolfridgerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 10
I subscibed to that thread and this one. This place is gonna take some time to find my way around.
Wolfridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #6733
CBBaron
Beastly Adventurer
 
CBBaron's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland
Oddometer: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon
Meef is our meet & greeter, the ambassador of ADVOH if you will . Stick around and check out the Adventure in OH thread.
P.S. Don't try to read the whole thing it's just a "hey what are you doing" kind of a thread.
But this thread was fun to read from the start, though it took me a few months. It was fun to try to figure out the tag locations. "Adventure in Ohio" is much too long to even think about.

Craig
CBBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #6734
Wolfridgerider
Adventurer
 
Wolfridgerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Next, on 93 just north of a crossroads / rail crossing town that shares it's name with a California city. South of the town named for a sea. North of the US route which shares it's number with the caliber of a popular Colt Navy cap and ball revolver.

I have pretty good idea where this is at... maybe a sick day is in my future.
Wolfridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #6735
mchester
Honda Cult Member
 
mchester's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Marysville Inmate
Oddometer: 1,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
I parked it with the intention of riding it again, soon, and then it got all wintery and shit. Actually, as I recall, I let it idle for a while a month ago and I had to put lawnmower gas in it at that time, it was so empty. I'm a terrible owner. No way will I see 100k on that thing.
Fuel stablizer is your best friend in the winter. I use Honda brand, but I'm sure it's the same as other name brands available. Never had an issue starting my bikes, snow blower, mower after a long layoff.
__________________
"I intend to live forever. So far, so good" Steven Wright

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush

2004 XR650L & 2003 ST1300
mchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014