ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #6796
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
Weight + speed x density of muck = depth of sinking

I believe that, while the CRF weighs less, you likely will be riding it faster, and assuming the muck is equal; you would sink just as far.
with all the snow in the area, I'm pretty sure the conditions will be good to test this theory when it all melts. Who's with me?

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #6797
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger
with all the snow in the area, I'm pretty sure the conditions will be good to test this theory when it all melts. Who's with me?
I'd love to watch.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #6798
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKDRAW
I just came across my buddy Keith's website and noticed he still has pictures of my first attempt at customization. From the time I finished it, to 1 year later when I sold it, there were exactly three bike shows in Ohio with Metric Cruiser Classes. This bike has 3 firsts.

http://www.brummetts.org/misc/Shawns_VStar/index.html

-Shawn
Doesn't really seem your style. Do ya miss it?
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #6799
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah
I'd love to watch.
I'd love to film. Be sure to let us get our cameras out and buttons pressed.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #6800
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
Quote:
I just came across my buddy Keith's website and noticed he still has pictures of my first attempt at customization. From the time I finished it, to 1 year later when I sold it, there were exactly three bike shows in Ohio with Metric Cruiser Classes. This bike has 3 firsts.

http://www.brummetts.org/misc/Shawns_VStar/index.html

-Shawn
That's a cool paint scheme, no reason you can't do that to the 'Berg!!!

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #6801
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
deleted post

Sorry Meef and Swingset.... I posted into the wrong thread. For the record, I don't miss it. It was a blast to build, and it came out just how I wanted, but I had two other bikes that I rode. It wasn't a distance machine to say the least.

-S
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #6802
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Stupid winter.

I came up with a concept for a Tag-O-Rama sticker design and got working on it, then got sidetracked. A friend who was a former graphic design guy offered to take a stab in exchange for a free beer, here's what he came up with.

I really like that, just trying to find a way to put Ohio tag-o-rama in there but i've got a few ideas.

You peoples have input?

Cheers,
dox
Old 02-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #6803
EJV
Fuso FG Expedition

Oddometer: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
...............You peoples have input?.....
Make an "Inverted Color" one for the Brucings..........
Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #6804
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,711
eh? too busy.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #6805
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
Stupid winter.

I came up with a concept for a Tag-O-Rama sticker design and got working on it, then got sidetracked. A friend who was a former graphic design guy offered to take a stab in exchange for a free beer, here's what he came up with.

I really like that, just trying to find a way to put Ohio tag-o-rama in there but i've got a few ideas.

You peoples have input?

Cheers,
dox
I am still kinda partial to the one in this group that says "First and Finest", although your camera is a lot cooler.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #6806
dox
How much for the ape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner
I am still kinda partial to the one in this group that says "First and Finest", although your camera is a lot cooler.
I'm not sure we were technically the first, but I'll definitely vote for the finest

I'm looking for simplicity, probably going to incorporate ADV and the outline of our great state somewhere in this, as well as the words Tag O Rama. And yeah, I like this camera silhouette a lot.

Getting a crapload of verbiage to come through on a 2x3 sticker is not easy to do. Also, I think these stickers would have significantly less appeal than the adv in ohio stickers, but a run is at least 250-500 stickers at minimum... which means it's gonna cost a lot just for the few of us that would use them. I'm working with my friend on a final design, and we'll go from there.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #6807
ironbuttwannabe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:

Why not get rid of the "Ohio" after Farnsy's. So it just reads "Farnsy's Tag-O-Rama" There is already an outline of Ohio, so people should be able to figure it out
Old 02-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #6808
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
I'm looking for simplicity, probably going to incorporate ADV and the outline of our great state somewhere in this, as well as the words Tag O Rama.
?

QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #6809
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
I'm not sure we were technically the first, but I'll definitely vote for the finest

I'm looking for simplicity, probably going to incorporate ADV and the outline of our great state somewhere in this, as well as the words Tag O Rama. And yeah, I like this camera silhouette a lot.

Getting a crapload of verbiage to come through on a 2x3 sticker is not easy to do. Also, I think these stickers would have significantly less appeal than the adv in ohio stickers, but a run is at least 250-500 stickers at minimum... which means it's gonna cost a lot just for the few of us that would use them. I'm working with my friend on a final design, and we'll go from there.
Here is some info that I got from a local sign/printer company.

They use a plotter on adhesive vinyl. It is priced by the square inch and quantity. For a sticker that is 7 to 10 square inches (the size of the big stickers), the prices per each are as follows:

10 $13.82
25 $5.72
50 $3.12
100 $1.84
125 $1.58
250 $1.06
500 $0.80
1000 $0.54

They will cut them out for this price as well and have no problem with the camera shape. The interesting part is that it is the same price for full color. He said that he could even print a photo on the sticker for that price. This opens up a lot of possibilities.

Not trying to horn in on this, dox, but just wanted to give you some info that I got.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #6810
dox
How much for the ape?

Quote:
?

I was working on something like that, really good stuff there. I think I'll work on the font a little and increase the size of the ohio outline, then put the bike as a white silhouette inside the ohio outline.

You get my PM?

Quote:
Here is some info that I got from a local sign/printer company.

They use a plotter on adhesive vinyl. It is priced by the square inch and quantity. For a sticker that is 7 to 10 square inches (the size of the big stickers), the prices per each are as follows:

10 $13.82
25 $5.72
50 $3.12
100 $1.84
125 $1.58
250 $1.06
500 $0.80
1000 $0.54

They will cut them out for this price as well and have no problem with the camera shape. The interesting part is that it is the same price for full color. He said that he could even print a photo on the sticker for that price. This opens up a lot of possibilities.

Not trying to horn in on this, dox, but just wanted to give you some info that I got.
Well, the cost at 500 for 80 cents is pretty high, honestly. I can get 500 printed for less than half the cost quoted above in a moderate, outdoor quality vinyl very similar to the adv ohio stickers.

As far as multicolor, etc, if someone wants to go down that path and do all the legwork and design a good logo, they are more than welcome. Send me the prices and I'll order a couple.

My thought was to keep it simple, high volume/low cost. My cost on 500 2x3" black and white stickers with the above logo or the adv-ohio logo is pretty darn low, and I'd sell some at a pretty low price to help defray the initial expense.