ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #11746
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 998
next tag
steveb126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #11747
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytelyte View Post
I must have passed 90 bikes within 20 minutes of the place and I was certain each time that it was the guy that just got it. It was an interesting ride, the pic in Granville was taken on the way. I was there to pass off the rear backrest of the CB250 to another inmate. I'm working on breaking in the FZ, need to put some miles on the poor thing.
I know the feeling, in Granville there was a strom and quite a few other bikes parked at the square and I thought for sure I was Bruced ! Enjoying the FZ ? Nice choice. I was looking hard at the FZ1 that J&J in Massilon had, even stopped intending to perhaps ride it home but it had just sold. I don't need another bike. Just picked up another SS Goldwing-Barge-Barcalounger. Just flipped my 81 GL1100 and was intending to buy a Dual Sport to play around on. I guess I may not be that adventurous, might even be a poser. But I do have a nice bash plate on the Strom and its shiny like new !
Old 05-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #11748
Oceanbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
Did that nice pink helmet come with the bike?
Oceanbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #11749
Nytelyte
Somewhere about

Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb126 View Post
I know the feeling, in Granville there was a strom and quite a few other bikes parked at the square and I thought for sure I was Bruced ! Enjoying the FZ ? Nice choice. I was looking hard at the FZ1 that J&J in Massilon had, even stopped intending to perhaps ride it home but it had just sold. I don't need another bike. Just picked up another SS Goldwing-Barge-Barcalounger. Just flipped my 81 GL1100 and was intending to buy a Dual Sport to play around on. I guess I may not be that adventurous, might even be a poser. But I do have a nice bash plate on the Strom and its shiny like new !
I'm really enjoying this FZ. Its faster than the CBR I had before it, while more comfortable, has longer legs.. Its just a nice bike to ride. I have a lot more midrange and got fuel today at 195 on the tank, which is a long time to me, has a yoshi slip on and a touring screen.
I found this one is January in Oklahoma. Its a 2002 w/ 1400 miles when I bought it. It was just under a 300 mile ride today, I'm trying to make up for the first neglected 10 years of its life!
Nytelyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #11750
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbum View Post
Did that nice pink helmet come with the bike?
Pink, its my fav-o-rite color !
I knew someone would mention it, didn't take long.

Quote:
I'm really enjoying this FZ. Its faster than the CBR I had before it, while more comfortable, has longer legs.. Its just a nice bike to ride. I have a lot more midrange and got fuel today at 195 on the tank, which is a long time to me, has a yoshi slip on and a touring screen.
I found this one is January in Oklahoma. Its a 2002 w/ 1400 miles when I bought it. It was just under a 300 mile ride today, I'm trying to make up for the first neglected 10 years of its life!
Wow 1400 miles ! That is some low mileage. Comfort, longer legs and power I agree especially since I'm getting a little too old for a sport bike. An FZ may still find its way into my garage at some point.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #11751
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,061
Quote:

Wow, that is low miles! I had an '02 I bought in '03, put 35,000 miles on it in a few years. FAST bike, but comfortable. Wind management was my only complaint, other than every time you gassed it, you were going 100+ mph!
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #11752
Nytelyte
Somewhere about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Wow, that is low miles! I had an '02 I bought in '03, put 35,000 miles on it in a few years. FAST bike, but comfortable. Wind management was my only complaint, other than every time you gassed it, you were going 100+ mph!
I am having the 'Roll on to pass, merge back in, Whoa, 110, whoops' problem too... I could get my CBR to go like this on the highway or back roads, but it was a LOT more work. The vastly increased midrange means I just roll on the throttle instead of needing to rev its plugs off and row the gear box as much. If I work this bike its just blistering, at least compared to anything in my experience. Going from this to the weeHawk is a paradigm shift...

I have the Yamaha stock touring screen. For me, it works great, but there seems to be a large disparity as to who thinks what screen works well. With this, I get a smooth airflow that hits me in the neck area, and my helmet is free of buffeting. If I stand up out of the seat, it buffets quite a bit, so if I was any taller...
Old 05-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #11753
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,061
Got a Miata, too? We've got a '95.
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #11754
Nytelyte
Somewhere about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Got a Miata, too? We've got a '95.
Had... I've had two. Second car I ever owned was a ragged out '91 w/ 225k miles when I bought it. I drove the snot out of that thing, autox'ed it 2x a month, and it never complained (except spark plug wires...).
Then I got the '93 in my avatar. Flyin Miata FM2 full kit, 242WHP, 212WTq, their stage2 suspension, HDHCSD roll bar, Sabelt harnesses, RX7 LDS rear end & 2100lbs w/1/4tnk fuel.... that car was a beast. Tracked it every chance I had. Still the most fun car I've ever had, but it was a LOT of work on the track. It was a tail happy sonofa.. on the autox course throttle control was critical, slightly too much throttle and the rears would both spin up and it was like they were pivoting on ball bearings.
Sold it to get into motorcycles. My CBR replaced it, totally different kind of fun.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #11755
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,420
Quote:
That's fucking sad.

I put 1400 miles on my 2002 FZ1 in 24.5 hours, coming back from Denver.

I will never understand how someone can make a huge investment like that (even in 2002 a new FZ1 was around 8k) and never ride it. 140 miles a year? Jesus.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #11756
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Tag South Main St Granville
I've been 50 yards from there many times on the bike trail, and have driven by there in a car and on a motorcycle, but have never noticed that sign, nice tag.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #11757
Nytelyte
Somewhere about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
That's fucking sad.

I put 1400 miles on my 2002 FZ1 in 24.5 hours, coming back from Denver.

I will never understand how someone can make a huge investment like that (even in 2002 a new FZ1 was around 8k) and never ride it. 140 miles a year? Jesus.
It was less than that. The original owner bought it as his first bike in 02. Put about 230 miles on it, I'm theorizing that he scared the pi$$ out of himself, and then he winterized it and put it in his garage until 2011. He then moved and sold it to his buddy who cleaned it up and replaced a bunch of stuff, put on clear turn signals and the yoshi pipe, put on 1100 miles on it and decided it wasn't his cup of tea (he had several other bikes). Then I found it on FZ1OA, rented a pickup, drove from Columbus to Oklahoma City and back in a weekend and rescued it. Now I'm riding it all over and loving it. I think I need to adjust the mix a little, I think its running a smidge rich, but I'm still getting 45+ mpg consistently while ... enjoying the power it provides, so its hard to complain.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #11758
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,548
Tag:
Tiverton Center 206 and CR20

jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #11759
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,548
Next up:

Hints:
1. On a 3 digit US route with the sum of 10
2. South of a lake
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #11760
Solace
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 892
Bruced! The Peggy Sue's chocolate pie was good, so not a wasted ride by any means.

Later,
M
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote