ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #12811
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
I'm sorry I don't measure up Mark.

I guess I slipped through the screening process, like some others.

Where would you be without retarded people like me?
Well, maybe "retarded" was too harsh. I don't think you're ready to wear a bicycle helmet at all times quite yet. You do need to go to remedial tag school though, and do try not to drool on the onsie desk and chair, okay?

And Thomas, dear Thomas, I had figured we had just let that drop by the wayside. Hell, I've even spoken well of you as of late, to several people. In fact, I was telling Meredith about you when I was looking at a new Suzuki SX4 as a possible replacement car, and it was all nice things I said.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #12812
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,323
Yeah, I am way over it. You can't go wrong with the SX4. Solid ride, we have 105,000 miles, no issues, great in the snow.

Wife and I are off to Morocco tomorrow to catch some of the Rally Morocco 2012. I will try to get some pics.

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #12813
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasVolomitz View Post
Yeah, I am way over it. You can't go wrong with the SX4. Solid ride, we have 105,000 miles, no issues, great in the snow.

Wife and I are off to Morocco tomorrow to catch some of the Rally Morocco 2012. I will try to get some pics.
You know me, I say some obscure shit and bust balls for a minute then I forget all about it and go back to my default setting which is friends with everyone.

I was thinking pretty hard on a used 2009 SX4 AWD with 30,000 miles, $9k.

Ended up with a used 2005 AWD Mitsubishi Outlander though, a little cheaper and more roomy. The one thing I didn't like on the SX4 is the hatch area is really abbreviated and doesn't seem to fit much in it without folding the seats down. The Mitsubishi is sized a bit bigger, more like a Subaru Outback.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #12814
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

The SX 4 appears small but I was surprised how much shit fit in there when the seats are folded down.

Still Riff Raff....

Old 10-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #12815
McTacticool
Importer/Exporter

Oddometer: 253
[QUOTE=MeefZah;19783880]You know me, I say some obscure shit and bust balls for a minute then I forget all about it and go back to my default setting which is friends with everyone.[QUOTE]

Your people skills are.... phenomenal.
McTacticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #12816
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Those people skills must help immensely in your police work

Still Riff Raff....

Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #12817
Jon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasVolomitz View Post
Awesome. Have fun and do share some pics.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #12818
mchester
Honda Cult Member

Oddometer: 1,450
Did the insurance company total the Civic? I assumed as much given the extensive damage. Any update on the woman that tried (unintentionally) to kill you? Hope she's recovering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I was thinking pretty hard on a used 2009 SX4 AWD with 30,000 miles, $9k.

Ended up with a used 2005 AWD Mitsubishi Outlander though, a little cheaper and more roomy. The one thing I didn't like on the SX4 is the hatch area is really abbreviated and doesn't seem to fit much in it without folding the seats down. The Mitsubishi is sized a bit bigger, more like a Subaru Outback.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush

2004 XR650L & 2003 ST1300

mchester screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 08:11 PM
mchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #12819
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchester View Post
Did the insurance company total the Civic? I assumed as much given the extensive damage. Any update on the woman that tried (unintentionally) to kill you? Hope she's recovering.
Yes it was totalled.

As far as I know she is alive and well.

Her insurance, Nationwide, is denying the claim pending their own investigation, as they think she is not to blame for the crash due to the medical situation. Their adjuster told me that it is quite possible a doctor or pharmacist is the root cause of the crash since she may well have been misdiagnosed or given the wrong meds / dosage. It may take them months to figure out who the "real" fault lies with. God forbid it be the one person who was operating the vehicle.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 AM   #12820
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY
New to TagOrama - I've been watching and I think I get the gist of it.

Route number = -93 + 240
County: rings like a . . .
Sign is in a 'town'.
That shouldn't be too hard.

This road has 700' of elevation change in less than 15 miles - that might be an Ohio record.
It's the kind of road that when you get to the end of it, you want to turn around and do it backwards.

I always liked this sign.

Yes that is the gist of it, but first you have to retrieve the current tag below.
That looks a little familiar doesn't it bryguy?

MeefZah,

If you thoughtlessly sit on a couch in a building recklessly constructed right in the middle of a town, I don't know why you would be surprised that someone would pass out and drive right through. I don't understand why Nationwide Insurance would have any interest in your carelessness. In the future, please, try to be more selective where you take a nap.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #12821
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

"Her insurance, Nationwide, is denying the claim pending their own investigation, as they think she is not to blame for the crash due to the medical situation."

Must be a member of the 47%.

Still Riff Raff....

Old 10-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #12822
wicked94s10
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
These are the same people that blame guns for killing people and not the people shooting at each other.

Nationwide insurance sucks if anyone has them i suggest switching. This is their new thing. They investigate everything and try to get out of paying for all their claims. My mom got left with 60,000 in medical bills because of these scum bags. I wouldn't trust them for a second.
wicked94s10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #12823
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
State Farm

I am not very happy with State Farm. After having all my gear cut off after my wreck I find out they dont cover gear. Only my helmet was covered. Then I was going to pick up my bike from the shop last Saturday but since State Farm made the check out to me for $2400.00 and the bill was $2200.00 they put a hold on the check. I had to call the shop 4 times to get it figured out. Picking up the bike today if all goes well.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #12824
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
I haven't filed a claim, but I use All State right now, and aside from my agent being a bit difficult, the insurance seems good, and the price is right.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #12825
ModalGuy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Her insurance, Nationwide, is denying the claim pending their own investigation, as they think she is not to blame for the crash due to the medical situation. Their adjuster told me that it is quite possible a doctor or pharmacist is the root cause of the crash since she may well have been misdiagnosed or given the wrong meds / dosage. It may take them months to figure out who the "real" fault lies with. God forbid it be the one person who was operating the vehicle.
Unbelievable. I have Nationwide, it may be time to switch.