ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #13141
bikeneil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
Next

What a good day for riding. The first picture is the tag, the second picture is the view.

bikeneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #13142
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeneil View Post
What a good day for riding.
And you still couldn't manage a new tag outside of Ross county.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #13143
bikeneil
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
I know, but there is so much good riding down here. I got over 200 miles today, Scioto, Pike, & Ross counties.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #13144
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
TAG! Mt Olive Rd, just south of South Salem:

Sorry the iphone sucks at low light pictures, the sun had set by the time I got there:

Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #13145
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

I made it to Circleville before I stopped for gas, despite my fuel light having turned on 35 miles prior. That's about as far as I stretch it on 'low fuel', but I knew where this station was, so I went for it. It was upon arriving at the station on fumes, that I realized I left my wallet in my work pants when I changed into riding stuff. GPS said 28 miles to home, so I used the $1.50 in change I found in my pocket to get .485 gallons of gas, pulled the clutch switch mod and kicked it into Touring mode, and rolled out, slow and steady like. I was a bit worried when the low fuel light didn't turn off at all.

Made it home though! With 70 miles on the low fuel light!

Meef once said to throw a photocopy of your drivers license and a $20 in your tool kit, just in case.

I should have listened to Meef.

Next!

Clue: Right on Main Street, in a town that's pronounced GRAY shot.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #13146
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Geez, I didn't even know that was in Ross County!
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #13147
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Meef once said to throw a photocopy of your drivers license and a $20 in your tool kit, just in case.

I should have listened to Meef.
"I am the smartest man alive!!"

All credit to Billy Madison.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #13148
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
I made it to Circleville before I stopped for gas, despite my fuel light having turned on 35 miles prior. That's about as far as I stretch it on 'low fuel', but I knew where this station was, so I went for it. It was upon arriving at the station on fumes, that I realized I left my wallet in my work pants when I changed into riding stuff. GPS said 28 miles to home, so I used the $1.50 in change I found in my pocket to get .485 gallons of gas, pulled the clutch switch mod and kicked it into Touring mode, and rolled out, slow and steady like. I was a bit worried when the low fuel light didn't turn off at all.

Made it home though! With 70 miles on the low fuel light!

I
I know that exact sinking feeling when you realize you don't have your wallet. Alan and I were on a typical Danville style ride (I think we had been at clear fork as well). After about 100 miles of dirt roads and places we probobly shouldn't have been, we wheeled into the gas station. I was wearing MX pants, so my wallet was in the fender bag on the front of my 250. Went to fuel up and, you guessed it, no wallet. Luckily , Alan was nice enough to loan me the 4 bucks to fill up and upon checking my voicemail, a dairy farmer had found my wallet in the road and the business cards contained within. I assumed it was lost in the woods somewhere and a raccoon was using my Visa to order marshmallows off Amazon...

I have since stashed a 20 in a zip lock bag at a spot no one would think to look on each bike, adding a copy of the driver's license is a damn good idea.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #13149
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I know that exact sinking feeling when you realize you don't have your wallet. Alan and I were on a typical Danville style ride (I think we had been at clear fork as well). After about 100 miles of dirt roads and places we probobly shouldn't have been, we wheeled into the gas station. I was wearing MX pants, so my wallet was in the fender bag on the front of my 250. Went to fuel up and, you guessed it, no wallet. Luckily , Alan was nice enough to loan me the 4 bucks to fill up and upon checking my voicemail, a dairy farmer had found my wallet in the road and the business cards contained within. I assumed it was lost in the woods somewhere and a raccoon was using my Visa to order marshmallows off Amazon...

I have since stashed a 20 in a zip lock bag at a spot no one would think to look on each bike, adding a copy of the driver's license is a damn good idea.
That actually reminds me of something else that everyone should do, but few people do.

Put your name, address, phone, email on a card in your wallet that is readily discovered. Mine has that info and then clearly spells out: "$100 reward if all contents are returned intact", which should motivate even a wallet thief to call and say he found it.

We get found wallets turned in all the time at work, and with no clear cut way to contact the owners, they get tossed. It's unreasonable to expect someone to drive to the address on your ID to try and return a wallet; a phone or email listing is substantially easier and most finders will give you a ring if they have a number to call.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #13150
ModalGuy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
That actually reminds me of something else that everyone should do, but few people do.

Put your name, address, phone, email on a card in your wallet that is readily discovered. Mine has that info and then clearly spells out: "$100 reward if all contents are returned intact", which should motivate even a wallet thief to call and say he found it.

We get found wallets turned in all the time at work, and with no clear cut way to contact the owners, they get tossed. It's unreasonable to expect someone to drive to the address on your ID to try and return a wallet; a phone or email listing is substantially easier and most finders will give you a ring if they have a number to call.
Great idea! Just did that, Thanks!

Last Saturday I left my debit card in the ATM and lost my WR's license plate. I retrieved the debit card from the bank on Monday, no telling what mud hole my license plate is sitting at the bottom of. I guess the first symptoms of Alzheimer's are setting in...
Old 12-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #13151
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Tag! Downtown Gratiot.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #13152
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #13153
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Next,

Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #13154
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModalGuy View Post
Great idea! Just did that, Thanks!

Last Saturday I left my debit card in the ATM and lost my WR's license plate. I retrieved the debit card from the bank on Monday, no telling what mud hole my license plate is sitting at the bottom of. I guess the first symptoms of Alzheimer's are setting in...
Write your contact info on the back of the plate. I lost my plate a few times at the boat ramp while duck hunting. All but one time it made it back to me.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #13155
bikeneil
Gnarly Adventurer

Tag

11173 Webb Summit Rd SE, Bremen