Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #211
johnwesley
wanta be

Oddometer: 1,527

All I can say is way to go. This fairing has a lot to add. the bottom side is filled in to stop the up draft and reinforced for strength. It is one solid fairing. I really like how you eliminated the spacer for the bottom screw and made the reinforcement from that. I can tell an improvement in the way the air flows with the bottom filled in. now more wind getting under the helmet and the turblance is also reduced. Thanks for the going the extra mile and improving a product that there is no competion for.
johnwesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:06 PM   #212
John650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Great looking fairing. I have been contemplating getting one since the original design. The twin is really pushing me over the edge to get one. However, I would like to see one in person before I make my final decision. Does anybody in the NY,NJ, CT , PA area have one? If so I would like to come and take a look at it someday. I am in South River, NJ (08882). I would be willing to travel up to 250 mile to come and take a look.
Thanks,
John
John650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #213
bullfrog
Dismember

Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog
Make this fairing to fit the Ulysses headlight and I would be all over it...

well you did it...only with BETTER lights...expect an order from me in early '09...thanks.

bullfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #214
johnwesley
wanta be

Oddometer: 1,527
Eek

These lights are awesome !
I like the brightnees and beam control. they light up the road as well as the critters on the side. These have been the best lights I have ever found for lighting up a cruvy road. I normally get a dark spot when I lean the bike into a corner, creating a time of blindess. That has been on every thing from my 02'ZX9R to the wing and the GS bmw. With these light I do NOT have that problem. I am more than pleased.
johnwesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #215
JAFO
displaced Jeep guy.....

Oddometer: 3,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog
well you did it...only with BETTER lights...expect an order from me in early '09...thanks.
:

same here, 'cept I'm tracking for probably last part of 08. GREAT job, Ian!!
JAFO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #216
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 578
Thanks guy's ! There's a hell of a lot involved designing something to fit an existing bike, but the comments we're getting definately make it worth it. We are definately commited to supporting this product for the future and are already working on variations for other bikes. The amount of interest from the Husky/KTM/X-Challenge/XL650 communities is staggering ! The lights have been a real hit. I guess it's the difference between lights that are designed for 'fashion' verses lights that were designed purely for Rally vehicles. I can't wait to see what the HID version is like (next week!).

Cheers Ian
Old 06-05-2008, 05:57 AM   #217
bullfrog
Dismember

Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B
I guess it's the difference between lights that are designed for 'fashion' verses lights that were designed purely for Rally vehicles.

Cheers Ian

you hit the nail on the head...your design and finished product are truly impressive...i can't wait to get mine...

bullfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #218
wayne00001
Got Dirt?

Oddometer: 22
nice job

Any chance of a beakless that uses the stock lights? I intsalled a H4 80/60 and it does a fantastic job.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #219
JAFO
displaced Jeep guy.....

Oddometer: 3,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne00001
Any chance of a beakless that uses the stock lights? I intsalled a H4 80/60 and it does a fantastic job.
in this very thread. There's even pics.
JAFO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #220
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne00001
Before going to the twin Hellas, we tried upgraded bulbs and accessory lights and there's no doubt it's a big improvement over stock. At least we thought it was good until we tried the twin light setup ! There's really no comparison. So, although there is the odd inquiry for a beakless one that retains the OEM light, the numbers would be so small, it would be really expensive to do. We havn't sold an XS since the twins have been available, despite dropping the price and adding the headlight protector for free, so I guess that says it all.

Ian
Old 06-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #221
RLCanon
Adventure Arrrrr!

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B
Before going to the twin Hellas, we tried upgraded bulbs and accessory lights and there's no doubt it's a big improvement over stock. At least we thought it was good until we tried the twin light setup !

Ian
I had the same experience using an H4 80/60 with a relay. I reluctantly tossed it aside with the stock fairing when I put on the XS Twin. After firing up the Hella-bright flame throwers in the twin, I forgot all about that relayed H4 80/60 laying unloved in the corner.

Even the KTM guys are impressed. That white glow in the picture is my hemlet-mounted HID. With that and the Hellas in the Twin, I'm throwing out some serious daylight on my night rides!

Ian, any news on the HID elements for the lights? I'm pumped about the photons I'm unleashing with my current set-up, but I really want to scorch some deer retinas! Ha ha!

RLCanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:22 AM   #222
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCanon
I had the same experience using an H4 80/60 with a relay. I reluctantly tossed it aside with the stock fairing when I put on the XS Twin. After firing up the Hella-bright flame throwers in the twin, I forgot all about that relayed H4 80/60 laying unloved in the corner.

Even the KTM guys are impressed. That white glow in the picture is my hemlet-mounted HID. With that and the Hellas in the Twin, I'm throwing out some serious daylight on my night rides!

Ian, any news on the HID elements for the lights? I'm pumped about the photons I'm unleashing with my current set-up, but I really want to scorch some deer retinas! Ha ha!

Yep, I have an HID unit here, but there is a problem. Hella (and numerous other well known brands) warn that fitting HID bulbs not designed for the headlamp means that the light is often not focused correctly and tends to 'scatter' the light in all directions, blinding other drivers. At first, I thought this was just a way to get you to buy their HID (very expensive), so I ignored it and got a cheaper bulb. Unfortunately, they were correct on this occasion, so I'm looking for another source at the moment.

Ian
Old 06-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #223
64rovr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Add another interested DR650 owner... Even if it is a "universal" fit that I would have to make mounts for that is fine. I really like the look.
64rovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:24 PM   #224
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64rovr
Add another interested DR650 owner... Even if it is a "universal" fit that I would have to make mounts for that is fine. I really like the look.
The easiest (and probably cheapest) way to mount either of the twin headlight models to the DR, is to buy a KLR headlight bracket (e bay) and attach it to your bike. Then the fairings fit straight on.

However, if you like the idea of a smaller, more off road orientated fairing which still keeps the looks/lights/dash and sliding screen, then watch out for our new one that is being designed specifically for your bike and the TE610/X-chalenge/KTM bikes. This one is 'steering' based, not fixed like the KLR.

Ian
Old 06-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #225
64rovr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Awesome! I can't wait to see it. ETA?
64rovr is offline   Reply With Quote