User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,086
College Hockey in HD!

I couldn't believe it - in December we got three new HD channels for free (yeah right - like no additional charge) from Cox, ESPNHD, INHD1 and 2. I was flipping through the new channels tonight and on INHD1 (yup, not ESPN) is the Cornell/Harvard Hockey game in HD and Dolby Surround - it fuckin rocks!

I called my dad (I'm the black sheep - only one in three generations that didn't go to Cornell), who is a grad, in the Ag dept there for a while and lives 7 miles from the campus and he is pissed because he can only get it on the radio - this is cool!

First period is over with - on a quick post and beer break - 2 zip Cornell!

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Between periods I flicked to the other channel and it's a one hour special on New Hampstah and the White Mountians - even covering the fair in Sandwich - damn I am starting to wonder why I stayed in VA - makes you miss flugistan.

Old 01-09-2004, 07:04 PM   #3
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Quote:
Said mogwai:
Ed Marinaro was the best college running back of ALL TIME
HOCKEY

The best part is watching the new and very stupid little Airdale bitch try to watch hockey.

Old 01-09-2004, 07:09 PM   #4
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Re: Re: College Hockey in HD!

Quote:
Said configurationspace:
I don't think Harvard has beat Cornell in quite some time -- at least I can't recall a Harvard victory while I was in Ithaca. I went to a bunch of Cornell games and I thought they played with a bit too much of a defensive emphasis. The Ithaca high school team was more fun to watch IMO.

I also liked watching the Cornell women's team. Games were free, and they played with more offensive flare. Sure they were ridiculously slow, but they were creative.
This year hasn't been great for Cornell, but they are currently kicking Harvard's butt. The high school team was OK, but I didn't go to Ithaca so I'm biased.

I'm also biased against Cornell, as the black sheep I also turned my offer from MIT and went to Clarkson - as an undergrad you never saw a prof at MIT (but I did get into Eggerton's lab), Clarkson was a lot of fun, learned a lot and the beer was always cold Besides, we also kicked Cornell and BU's ass when I was there

Old 01-10-2004, 11:00 AM   #5
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,185
Re: Re: Re: College Hockey in HD!

Quote:
Said PhilSpace:
This year hasn't been great for Cornell, but they are currently kicking Harvard's butt. The high school team was OK, but I didn't go to Ithaca so I'm biased.

I'm also biased against Cornell, as the black sheep I also turned my offer from MIT and went to Clarkson
CLARKSON!?! No wonder you like college hockey. I went to RPI, and at the time Cornell and especially Clarkson were big rivals. Clarkson really likes hockey, and they are much more fun to be around than the straight-laced Cornell preppies.

I've been to Cornell twice to watch hockey games, and everytime I expressed my opinion of them by urinating on the outside of a building.

Some friends and I made the trip north to watch a Clarkson game. We were in the Clarkson student section. The students in the row above us actually "smuggled" in a 15 gal. keg of beer. They were very drunk, and told us that if RPI won, they would kill us. RPI lost, so our lives were spared. It was a great time.

murgatroid42 screwed with this post 01-10-2004 at 03:09 PM
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #6
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Re: Re: Re: Re: College Hockey in HD!

Quote:
Said murgatroid42:
Some friends and I made the trip north to watch a Clarkson game. We were in the Clarkson student section. The students in the row above us actually "smuggled" in a 15 gal. keg of beer. They were very drunk, and told us that if RPI won, they would kill us. RPI lost, so our lives were spared. It was a great time.
That's my Alma Mater, we used to sneak booze and kegs into games - it was a shit load of wanna be drunk engineers against some very stupid security folks. When I was there the original arena burned down, many of us were arrested for attempting to put the fire out by pissing on it - we were all on the other side of the street drinking beer and cheering the fire on.

Every frat got two beer blasts a year to make money - every blast consumed 115 kegs and the beer would generally be gone in 4 to 4.5 hours some times less if it was warm - them were the days - nickel beer nights and ugly women!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: