Old 09-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #4546
PTC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry31 View Post
I already have tried it.
My 1990 has stock 120/90-16 Bridgestones
My (recently acquired) 1989 had a Duro 130/90-16 on it when I got it.

The 1990 (with Stock tire) seems to be getting better gas mileage and more pulling power than the 1989 ( with the Duro tire)

The 1990 has just over 20K on it and starts and runs perfect.
The 1989 has less miles, 8500 miles, but it doesn’t seem to be quite up to the performance of the 1990.

I did have some carburetor issues on the 1989, but they seem to be cleared up after pulling and cleaning the carburetor. It starts much better and idles better now. High speeds seem ok as well. It just doesn’t have the same "oomph" when climbing hills.
That's why I was wondering if the different tires would make a difference.
the duro is a good tire. it is a solid 2.5"+ taller than the stocker. power will be down with the duro, but mileage will be up.
the extra height took a few miles to get used to< but so far so good(2600 miles & still looks new) next time im going back to stock. stickier on the street & better in the woods because of the smaller o.d.
PTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #4547
PTC
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapBoy View Post
Just saw a nx250 parts bike for sale on that site which shall not be named, located in central CT, $200, no title. Still available as of now... hope this helps somebody out.
got it! well, not yet. at my buddys shop. gonna go get it this friday. just what i need. another bike. that makes 16! somebodys gonna have to spend the winter in the shed. nice to have out of state friends..."hey jeff, can ya do me a favor? it will only cost you 200 bucks! " thanks jeff & the guys at ace transmission in torrington ct. shameless plug for a great honest trans.shop...
Old 09-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #4548
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Oddometer: 3,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC View Post
got it! well, not yet. at my buddys shop. gonna go get it this friday. just what i need. another bike. that makes 16! somebodys gonna have to spend the winter in the shed. nice to have out of state friends..."hey jeff, can ya do me a favor? it will only cost you 200 bucks! " thanks jeff & the guys at ace transmission in torrington ct. shameless plug for a great honest trans.shop...

I'd trip or quad you, if I could....

...If I could...
Old 09-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #4549
Leo.G
Is still learning

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Hey!

Awesome bike for parts!

I hope you could get a lot of good spare parts from it!

If only the Argentinian NX 250 owners could find spare bikes like that...
Imagine, almost anyone has to do mods in the front fairings in case of braking the glass of the headlight, there are hardly any spares for the bike in my country...

With the 150, I may be blessed, jeje!
It shares a lot of parts with other on/off little Hondas that were sold here..
And there is a type of kart in my area that uses my bike's engine, so everithing is quite available..

That's all!
I wish all of you the best with the NXs!.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:15 AM   #4550
larry31
Back Roads Explorer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
the duro is a good tire. it is a solid 2.5"+ taller than the stocker. power will be down with the duro, but mileage will be up.
the extra height took a few miles to get used to< but so far so good(2600 miles & still looks new) next time im going back to stock. stickier on the street & better in the woods because of the smaller o.d.

I hope the Duro on my 90 will allow for a little more lean onto the side stand.
With the Bridgestone, it sits to upright. I really have to be careful it doesn't go over (to-the-dark-side). Probably because the suspension is getting soft.
larry31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #4551
PTC
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I hope the Duro on my 90 will allow for a little more lean onto the side stand.
With the Bridgestone, it sits to upright. I really have to be careful it doesn't go over (to-the-dark-side). Probably because the suspension is getting soft.
it will. a little too much. mine actually fell to the left cause of a strong wind! now i look for a rock or a can to put under it.
oh yeah< the height difference must alter the rear suspension geometry a bit because im no longer looking to swap the rear shock. its still soft but i cant bottom it out(unless i try) like i could with the trailwing.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #4552
larry31
Back Roads Explorer

Quote:
it will. a little too much. mine actually fell to the left cause of a strong wind! now i look for a rock or a can to put under it.
oh yeah< the height difference must alter the rear suspension geometry a bit because im no longer looking to swap the rear shock. its still soft but i cant bottom it out(unless i try) like i could with the trailwing.
So you're saying it leans a little to much on the side stand? With the Bridgestone, mine sits to much upright. I could stand some counter correction.
I modified my sidestand footprint so it won't sink into soft ground as easy. If it leans to much, I'll just build it up. Kind of hard to shorten the sidestand if it's to long.

My 89 , with less miles, is stiffer riding. I thought it was just because it's got less miles. The 90 is more enjoyable to ride due to softer suspension.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #4553
valvecrusher OP
tractus pro pensio™

Oddometer: 1,710
Quote:
So you're saying it leans a little to much on the side stand? With the Bridgestone, mine sits to much upright. I could stand some counter correction.
Kind of hard to shorten the sidestand if it's too long.
On the first page....

Kickstand Mod:Keeps NX250 from falling over to the right
Kickstand Mod

valvecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #4554
larry31
Back Roads Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValveCrusher View Post
On the first page....

Kickstand Mod:Keeps NX250 from falling over to the right
Kickstand Mod
I already did that sidestand mod on my 90. Helped a little but not enough .
Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #4555
amishmotorscoot
scared fresh daily

Oddometer: 72
on the road again

so finally, after fiddling with this and that I ordered a new CDI unit from service-Honda, it was on the step when I got home today, plugged it in, and varoom!, first click and it started right up, first it has fired in about three weeks. The tach check for CDI issues on about page 22 of this forum was right on.

On a different note, I was sort of looking to buy a newer small moto, and have read only good things about Suzuki's new TU250, I visited the local dealer and managed a brief test ride, albeit only 3 miles, but complete with a few turns, a tiny freeway section and some city intersections- the TU was nowhere near as peppy, it did roll through corners as smoothly, but when it came to acceleration, from a stop and while riding, it was a slug, the NX is a much quicker ride. Not too bad for a 23 year old motorcycle- Honda might do well to return to this bike in the future.

Lots of good discussion in this forum lately, fun to read and helpful!
amishmotorscoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #4556
petros600
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
I just got the email from the previous owner that he sold it, glad another member here got it( just i wish it was me)

Quote:
petros600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #4557
Duderkins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
does anyone have a nx125 service and/or owners manual? or know where i can find one? i'm a broke student hence the reason i ride a nx125.
Duderkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #4558
Dirtstar1
Human torpedo

Oddometer: 121
EBC os6001 brake kit

So after work I put on the ebc os6001 brake kit. I had to drill the rotor out to .406 in order to intall the factory rotor bolts, everything else fit perfectly . My question to the fellow nx fans is, what is the best stopping pad?
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Dirtstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #4559
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderkins
does anyone have a nx125 service and/or owners manual? or know where i can find one? i'm a broke student hence the reason i ride a nx125.
I ride an NX125 as well. I have a shop manual. Did you need something specific? I could get you some PDFs. I wish there were more inmates with NX125s. I tried to get the NX125 thread going but no one posts. I did start a blog though. PM me since we're kind of in the wrong place. Also, fill out your profile so we know a little more about you.

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #4560
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,996
I use the ebc red synthered pads on my ebc rotor and they seem to wear pretty good and dont seem to be hard on the rotor.
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote