Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #5731
audioworks04
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Spent 3 days in Colorado in the mountains mostly around Engineer Pass. This was the first time Ive had it up there since I put the sv rear shock, fork spring preload spacers, heavier fork oil, port clean up, exhaust clean out removed, uni clamp on filter with fully functional air box. All went great until my brother left PB&J sandwichs in his bag on his drz over night at the cabin, a local bear decided that he was hungry and knocked his drz into my nx in the process of getting his dinner. So I need a good leftside shroud if anyone has one, preferably a blue 89.

Turn signals integrated into rear rack. 4 5mm leds in each with a digital flasher module.
audioworks04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #5732
Orkodelamuerte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioworks04 View Post
Turn signals integrated into rear rack. 4 5mm leds in each with a digital flasher module.
Nice place for a ride... Like those turning lights... I definitely need to have a closer look at your skid plate... look great!
Orkodelamuerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #5733
thirstybuck
Adventurer

Skid

Quote:
Originally Posted by orkodelamuerte View Post
i definitely need to have a closer look at your skid plate... Looks great!

+1
thirstybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #5734
mito-nx
Dutch Humor

Oddometer: 57
Does anybody knowhow what kid of starter motor the nx250-ax-1 has.
I mean how much Electric power does it use.
The fuse is 10ampere, but how much does he use.?
Ik can't find it inside the manual.
mito-nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #5735
Orkodelamuerte
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mito-nx View Post
Does anybody knowhow what kid of starter motor the nx250-ax-1 has.
I mean how much Electric power does it use.
The fuse is 10ampere, but how much does he use.?
Ik can't find it inside the manual.
What is it exactly that you need? What are you trying to do? Haha... let's mess with your bike...
Old 10-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #5736
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
I have a chance to buy one of these bikes,not sure of the price on it,got to the bike store too late saw it in the window.I use to have a 03 klr 250 and no it wasnt a kx 500 but it was a fun bike that got good mileage.How are these bikes compared to a klr 250.I have a few dirtbikes I might just axe so I can get a dual sport I can use all the time thats legal.Whats a safe mileage and price range on these bikes?
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #5737
petros600
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
I have a chance to buy one of these bikes,not sure of the price on it,got to the bike store too late saw it in the window.I use to have a 03 klr 250 and no it wasnt a kx 500 but it was a fun bike that got good mileage.How are these bikes compared to a klr 250.I have a few dirtbikes I might just axe so I can get a dual sport I can use all the time thats legal.Whats a safe mileage and price range on these bikes?
They are great on mpg,65+ mpg. If you don't get the bike, please pm me the location cause my brother looking for one
petros600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #5738
mito-nx
Dutch Humor

It is very simple, my battery is dead and I was wondering if a smaller one would work.
I have no dashboard Light, the indicators and rear light are LED so the starter motor is next tot the headlight the biggest electricity user.
So I would like to know how big he is.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #5739
RollingJ
The mud in your eye

Oddometer: 233
Unless you like push starting your bike, stick to the stock battery or a lithium upgrade if you need to save weight. If there was a kick, it might be different.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #5740
Orkodelamuerte
Adventurer

Quote:
It is very simple, my battery is dead and I was wondering if a smaller one would work.
I have no dashboard Light, the indicators and rear light are LED so the starter motor is next tot the headlight the biggest electricity user.
So I would like to know how big he is.
A smaller does work. I tried using a YB7B-B from an nx 150, instead of the YTX7L-BS and there was no difference at all. Don't know if there are any long term issues though, since the smaller one held less amps than the stator produces and the regulator provides.. Thats my experience on that...

As for the lights, as long as the engine is running, you wont have problems because the stator will provide constant juice to the battery... What you can try doing, is install an on/off switch for the headlight..
Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 AM   #5741
mito-nx
Dutch Humor

That is right, you went from a 7Ah battery to a 6Ah battery, and the manual writes that 6Ah is normal.
I have a 7Ah and the dimentions of a 5Ah or smaler are better for me, but wil the electric starter still work?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #5742
Orkodelamuerte
Adventurer

Quote:
That is right, you went from a 7Ah battery to a 6Ah battery, and the manual writes that 6Ah is normal.
I have a 7Ah and the dimentions of a 5Ah or smaler are better for me, but wil the electric starter still work?
If you already have a 5Ah battery, there's only one way to know . You are not going to break anything.... but the battery maybe.. If you want to save room or weight, you can always use those gel batteries..
Old 10-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #5743
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
I am buying it for 1200 bucks ,doing a cash deal 600 this weekend n 600 next weekend and its mine baby.
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #5744
wehikrosz
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hey Guys!

I'm so happy that i found that forum, because i have a little problem, and i'm sure someone can help me out here. So i've a beautiful Honda nx 250 Dominator (1991), and unfortunately i will have to buy a new front brake disc, but i don't know the original thickness of the disc. I've already seen on sale with the thickness of 3,5 mm and 5 mm. I don't know which to buy, i'm not sure the 5 mm one can fill in. Help me please.
Thank You!
wehikrosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #5745
polarized
Dirt Virgin

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehikrosz View Post
Hey Guys!

I'm so happy that i found that forum, because i have a little problem, and i'm sure someone can help me out here. So i've a beautiful Honda nx 250 Dominator (1991), and unfortunately i will have to buy a new front brake disc, but i don't know the original thickness of the disc. I've already seen on sale with the thickness of 3,5 mm and 5 mm. I don't know which to buy, i'm not sure the 5 mm one can fill in. Help me please.
Thank You!

From the Honda Service Manual:

Front disc thickness: 3.3-3.7mm

I bought the EBC MD6001D off of ebay. The only thing is I had to bore out the four mounting holes for use with the stock NX250 bolts.
polarized is offline   Reply With Quote