Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Asia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #376
NorthernStar
Work in Progress

Oddometer: 240
GSblue - very well done and inspiring footage - brings back a whole bunch of memories.
Keep the pics & videos coming - you have a talent in both riding and telling the story through media - motojournalism - if there is such a word.
Hope to meet up and ride with you guys soon.
Frank
Old 06-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #377
98Virago
98Virago

Oddometer: 91
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar
GSblue - very well done and inspiring footage - brings back a whole bunch of memories.
Keep the pics & videos coming - you have a talent in both riding and telling the story through media - motojournalism - if there is such a word.
Frank
Hi Frank,

One of my friend just sent me an email that he just arrived Dawson Creek today with his BIG SMILES on his picture. Then 3 other friends are flying to Canada next month of July and rent a motorbike for 3 weeks to ride Canada to Alaska.

I'm still wishing that I could save some cash till next year 2011 to ride the Alaska Continental. Maybe we can have a cup of coffee when I get there...

Ride Safe,
98Virago
98Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #378
NorthernStar
Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Virago
Hi Frank,

One of my friend just sent me an email that he just arrived Dawson Creek today with his BIG SMILES on his picture. Then 3 other friends are flying to Canada next month of July and rent a motorbike for 3 weeks to ride Canada to Alaska.

I'm still wishing that I could save some cash till next year 2011 to ride the Alaska Continental. Maybe we can have a cup of coffee when I get there...

Not to detract from this forum about the Philippines, but, everyday now I see more and more bikers either headed up north to Prudhoe bay (clean & shiney) or headed south to Anchorage or back to the lower 48 thru Canada (dirty & caked in mud). The snow has finally melted and the riding season is indeed upon us!!

If your friends need any help or assistance while in this area - have them give me a call (PM your way with my phone number) and yes, you need plan to come and visit Alaska while it is still in it's pristine state. We can ride and you will see the "secret" spots only the locals know about.
Keep it out of the ditches,
Frank
Old 06-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #379
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsblue
I tried posting a video collage of my rides here but couldn't as the html is turned off in this thread.

Anyway, just click here: RideThePhilippines!
I've always thought that if marketed well someone could start a premium guided adventure motorcycling tour company in the Philippines. You have the skills and knowledge to do just that if you wanted too.

Riceman
Mountain Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #380
gsblue
i'm undertall...

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgunnahurt
Hi gsblue... love the video good footage.Where abouts was that ride, or was it from a number of trips? I wanna ride there too!
Thanks. The first video is a collection of my rides in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. The second is of a Northern Luzon Loop I did a few years ago, with some photos added of the Aritao - Baguio route. Let me know if you want to visit, I might be able to help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar
Frank
Thanks Frank. See you in the Philippines soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricemannv
I've always thought that if marketed well someone could start a premium guided adventure motorcycling tour company in the Philippines. You have the skills and knowledge to do just that if you wanted too.

Riceman
Salamat Doug! Yes I have something in the works, not only guided but with support vehicles, crew (mechanic & cook) and spare bikes too. I understand that some advriders can only stay for a limited time and I wouldn't want to waste their time stuck with a broken bike. Though the rides might be rough, it wouldn't hurt having a nice meal and a cold beer in the mountains.
gsblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:50 PM   #381
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Quote:
Salamat Doug! Yes I have something in the works, not only guided but with support vehicles, crew (mechanic & cook) and spare bikes too. I understand that some advriders can only stay for a limited time and I wouldn't want to waste their time stuck with a broken bike. Though the rides might be rough, it wouldn't hurt having a nice meal and a cold beer in the mountains.
Oh, by the way......I'm willing to work/assist for meals and beer.
Riceman
Old 06-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #382
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,121
gsblue, Very Interesting.
YnotJP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #383
segalo_laju
BORN TO BE FREE

Hi Broo ..

RR + PIC its really cool, really true adventurer

greetings from south Sumatran palembang

ADV SCORPIO PALEMBANG (ASPAL)
Born to Ride - Born to Happy - Born to Be Free
I Love Indonesia

segalo_laju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #384
98Virago
98Virago

Oddometer: 91
Thumb

Quote:
Thanks again.

Here's another one that I did... my secret on how I get my wife to let me ride often.

http://vimeo.com/12228158
@gsblue - ang galing naman ng video mo. Thank you for sharing with us and hope we could do some riding in the future. May plano ka ba mag attend ng rally sa Redmond? Balita ko ay maraming mga Pinoy na mag aatend sa rally.

Ride safe,

Ride Safe,
98Virago
98Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #385
gsblue
i'm undertall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricemannv
Oh, by the way......I'm willing to work/assist for meals and beer.
Riceman
I will keep you in my mind but I have to tell you, the line is quite long already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotJP?
gsblue, Very Interesting.
I do hope it pushes through. But I'm worried that once it is considered as work, riding won't be fun anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segalo_laju
Hi Broo ..
RR + PIC its really cool, really true adventurer
greetings from south Sumatran palembang
Thank you segalo, someday I hope to be able to ride in your country too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Virago
@gsblue - ang galing naman ng video mo. Thank you for sharing with us and hope we could do some riding in the future. May plano ka ba mag attend ng rally sa Redmond? Balita ko ay maraming mga Pinoy na mag aatend sa rally.

Ride safe,
Salamat. I have no plans this year to ride outside the Philippines, but I have a few buddies flying to the US this July and will be riding from L.A. to Alaska.
gsblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #386
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer

gsblue, For your friends doing the L.A. to Alaska, July is just around the corner. Being from the West Coast, I know a little about routes if they are interested. Been from Mexico to the Beaufort Sea.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #387
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Quote:
I will keep you in my mind but I have to tell you, the line is quite long already.
Teng,

That's what I figured.

I have a few more weeks here on the ship and then I'll be back in the Philippines for some riding. My kids are starting school in Manila. I have a new Ohlins rear shock for the Dakar sitting in California. I hope to get that to the Philippines and installed. So it will be a busy time. I'm looking forward to riding even if it is rainy season though. Maybe we can hook up for a ride.

Riceman
Old 06-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #388
NorthernStar
Work in Progress

Salamat. I have no plans this year to ride outside the Philippines, but I have a few buddies flying to the US this July and will be riding from L.A. to Alaska.[/quote]

GSblue,

Would love to meet up with your buddies when they make it up to Alaska, if you don't mind let me know their schedule and maybe a contact number so that in the event they need any assistance an/or help finding suitable accomodations, mechanical assistance, outstanding adobo, and great espresso, etc.
If the timing is right, I can show them a few of our "secret riding routes" for a ride of a lifetime.
Frank
Old 06-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #389
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer

Northernstar, and in addition, you want to see the look on their face as they watch the sun circle the sky and never set. But, that is a lot better than when you need headlights at a little past noon.

I know everyone there is making the most of their summer, have fun.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #390
NorthernStar
Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotJP?
Northernstar, and in addition, you want to see the look on their face as they watch the sun circle the sky and never set. But, that is a lot better than when you need headlights at a little past noon.

I know everyone there is making the most of their summer, have fun.

We are used to playing golf, mowing our lawns or having a picnic at 2AM in the summer - I suppose that would seem strange for someone who had not been to the "Land of the Midnight Sun" (Fairbanks' slogan)

Then again you are right about the headlights at noon - winter can be brutal if you can't take darkness - winter solstice (Dec.22) is about 4 hours of daylight and that is more like dusk - not much light - but we get to witness the Northern Lights and they are simply fantastic to watch!!!!( if you can stand the cold)

Enjoy your riding adventures in the Phil.
Frank