& the beach

Paollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #422
Hercules
"Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan07
Hey all, just checking in. Flying into Manila on the 11th and plan to rent a bike (XR200) from Nice-bike.com the following weekend and heading north around Luzon. Looking forward to it!

Is there a thread already of good routs to ride? Dirt /street, bring it!
Welcome DanTheMan07!

You'll have a great time here. I am sure of it.
Here's Artlock thread ----> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...light=artlocks

Please contact me before and when you arrive. My email is gatzboy1@yahoo.com Phil mobile # 09209134580
Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #423
98Virago
98Virago

Oddometer: 91
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules
Sorry for the long time no post. I was very busy the past weeks............

...... getting my new ride!!!

Here she is with the matching ADV sticker! Rode to Bicol lst weekend for her Maiden voyage.

Ganda.... congratulation Sir Herc.

Ride Safe,
98Virago
98Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #424
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Virago
Ganda.... congratulation Sir Herc.
Thanks sir 98Virago.

Now all i got to do is to look for exhaust pipes and a power commander there in the USA.

Update on DanTheMan07:

His ETA in Manila is July 11th Sunday and will hang out in Makati area with the Ducati Pilipinas guys for some cold ones. Start of his trip is the following weekend.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #425
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Thanks sir 98Virago.

Now all i got to do is to look for exhaust pipes and a power commander there in the USA.
Hi Herc,

I was wondering who you use for shipping and also about the customs fees. I've used FedEx and DHL for shipping small stuff. Large/heavy stuff gets expensive with them. LBC often says they won't ship motorcycle parts. Also, the customs people always seem to want to slap a fee on to the items when they enter the country as well. I'm wondering it there are some better alternatives for getting this type of stuff into the Philippines?

Thanks,
Riceman
Mountain Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #426
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricemannv
Hi Herc,

I was wondering who you use for shipping and also about the customs fees. I've used FedEx and DHL for shipping small stuff. Large/heavy stuff gets expensive with them. LBC often says they won't ship motorcycle parts. Also, the customs people always seem to want to slap a fee on to the items when they enter the country as well. I'm wondering it there are some better alternatives for getting this type of stuff into the Philippines?

Thanks,
Riceman
Hey Ricemann,

You can ship ,it thru a Balikbayan box service (for bulky items) and wait for about 30 to 45days.

or

You can have it sent to my LA address with a specific label attached. Once the recieved the package, it will arrive here in Manila (Makati City) within 5-8days to my door step. Cost will depent on the actual weight or the DIM weight (which ever is bigger off course).

Do you need some assistance?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 AM   #427
gsblue
i'm undertall...

Oddometer: 168
Lost Inmate?

Coming down from Sagada today I think I saw an inmate (with an ADV sticker) somewhere in the Trinidad area. He looked like he was lost as he was (I think) on the wrong side of the road and admiring the smoggy view. I hope he rode further up, where the view becomes increasingly better.
gsblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #428
98Virago
98Virago

Thumb

Quote:
Thanks sir 98Virago.

That will be awesome to have a custom Exhaust Pipe and Power Commander on your new V-Strom. You will be zooming my friend....

BTW, I just came back home from the Rally and our group have met one of our inmate "the darth peach" along our way(http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=154).

Ride Safe,
98Virago
Old 07-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #429
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Hey Ricemann,

You can ship ,it thru a Balikbayan box service (for bulky items) and wait for about 30 to 45days.

or

You can have it sent to my LA address with a specific label attached. Once the recieved the package, it will arrive here in Manila (Makati City) within 5-8days to my door step. Cost will depent on the actual weight or the DIM weight (which ever is bigger off course).

Do you need some assistance?
Herc,

Thanks for the info. I should be alright. I just got back in country yesterday and am looking forward to riding again soon.

Riceman
Mountain Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #430
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,349
Wicked Im still at Bantayan

Yes Sta Fe here is a laid back life style and cheap living so havnt done any travelling that I planned ( next trip ) also fell in love with a pretty girl, I bought her dad a Pedicab ( push bike with side car ) as he was renting one but could never afford to buy, cost 3,000p and another 1,000p will have it loking like new, Thats only $125 NZ and the rental saving will be a kilo or rice a day. Living here makes me realize how lucky I was to be born in NZ . Only 9 days left here then down to Cebu to get my teeth fixed , flight to Angeles , KL, might go to Kota Kinabalu for 5 days then back to KL and flight to Aust , NZ and home to freeze . Cheers Toddy
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #431
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsblue
Coming down from Sagada today I think I saw an inmate (with an ADV sticker) somewhere in the Trinidad area. He looked like he was lost as he was (I think) on the wrong side of the road and admiring the smoggy view. I hope he rode further up, where the view becomes increasingly better.

Was that a white DR650 ridden by a German with a big ADV sticker on his headlight cowl. If yes, that's Oliver, an expat living in Makati. If he was lost, he will definitely send me a text to ask for assistance.

Now I wanna see the RR and pix of your last ride this weekend. I heard that you left the sidestand of the X-Challenge 650 in your truck.

Hercules screwed with this post 07-18-2010 at 07:38 PM
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #432
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Virago
That will be awesome to have a custom Exhaust Pipe and Power Commander on your new V-Strom. You will be zooming my friend....

BTW, I just came back home from the Rally and our group have met one of our inmate "the darth peach" along our way(http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=154).

Thanks 98Virago.

Already ordered and paid for the pipes, as for the power commander... still searching for one. While other parts like the clutch kit are still being proccesed.

Oh, so you met the famous "the darth peach" I like her eye for photography. And she can ride any bike she pleases. Hope to cross p[aths with her too someday.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:55 AM   #433
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricemannv
Herc,

Thanks for the info. I should be alright. I just got back in country yesterday and am looking forward to riding again soon.

Riceman
Welcome back Riceman.
Maybe we can get together for or something

Waiting for your next RR and pix.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #434
gsblue
i'm undertall...

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Was that a white DR650 ridden by a German with a big ADV sticker on his headlight cowl. If yes, that's Oliver, an expat living in Makati. If he was lost, he will definitely send me a text to ask for assistance.

Now I wanna see the RR and pix of your last ride this weekend. I heard that you left the sidestand of the X-Challenge 650 in your truck.
Haha! Yeah, fell in the mud more times that I'd like to remember. I'm blaming the tires though, hehe.

Photo by Binggoy :

Photos by me:

gsblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #435
98Virago
98Virago

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsblue
Haha! Yeah, fell in the mud more times that I'd like to remember. I'm blaming the tires though, hehe.

Photo by Binggoy :

Photos by me:

WOW.... dirt is really on your blood Sir. You have inspired me once again.

Ride Safe,
98Virago