Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #916
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:

Oddometer: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav2 View Post
What date do you leave Phills ?? I arrive in Cebu on 7th March . If you need a hotel handy to airport MBs Garden Inn is the place , also clubrooms for the outsiders motorcycle club . Cheers Toddy
24th Feb (in phil for 4 weeks total) i fly direct out from bohol to manila to (australia) sydney to adelaide. but may end up leaving sooner unfortunately. our daughter 3yrs old is not adjusting to the weather & eating very little & drinking very little got her on medication not to dehydrate & an appetizer syrup.

head off to chocolate hills to my brother & sister inlaws tomorrow stay a few days there.
MY07 950 SER

veetwo _tls screwed with this post 01-30-2012 at 08:12 PM
veetwo _tls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #917
Hercules
"Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by veetwo _tls View Post
24th Feb (in phil for 4 weeks total) i fly direct out from bohol to manila to (australia) sydney to adelaide. but may end up leaving sooner unfortunately. our daughter 3yrs old is not adjusting to the weather & eating very little & drinking very little got her on medication not to dehydrate & an appetizer syrup.

head off to chocolate hills to my brother & sister inlaws tomorrow stay a few days there.
Thanks for the invite.
Hope your daughter get back to normal.

When you fly to Manila, maybe we can hook up at the Manila Airport hotel (in front of Terminal 3). Here's my digits 09209134580 or 09226826190

HERC
Old 01-31-2012, 12:05 AM   #918
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridesolo View Post
herc, looking forward for the update. Any vids from the go pro?

My apologies Ridesolo and to the other inmates who are expecting for some Go Pro vids and pix. I don't have any. After i removed the camera from my helmet at Tugegarao check point at 5:50am, because it was slowing me down, I never had the chance to put it back on...... sorry!

Continued:

After going down from Baguio, I passed the Flying V Checkpoint at Pugo, La Union at about past 1:20pm The last was on! This is the time for me to give it all I've got. I zoomed and rode hard (safely). Many road construction, vehicular traffic and obstacles on the way to the finish line in Clark Field, Pampanga. I had my phone head phones on and was in contact with my friends and family at the finsh line to update me on how many finishers have arrived.

After about 2 hours of riding, riding from town to town from La Union to Pangasinan to Tarlac, I finally entered the town of Pampanga. I even made a mistake of not passing the SCTEX. highway which the organizers allowed participants to pass through the expressway entry at Tarlac City because of the many road constructions from Tarlac City to Pampanga.

It was past 3pm when I crossed the finish line at Hotel Stotsenberg at Clark. The marshals were asking for my passport......

Then the Marshals checked my bike's odometer reading......

Yahoo!!! I am finished! Did the whole 1,200kms in 15hrs++. I finished the 7th rider (un-officially) in this event. Most of the top 10 finisher were all BMWs. It was the first time for me to arrive early and i even went to the pool to swim with my children.

Below is the top 10 bikes to finish the challenge (exluding the KTM). Pix was taken early the next day (Sunday)

more pix taken at the hotel Stotsenberg to follow....
Old 02-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #919
Hercules

More pix at the parking lot that early Sunday morning Jan 15, 2012...

My youngest daughter Sophia

That's me and Sophia

Posing with the V-strom.... Good job Vee, thanks for bringing me home safely!

More pix of the participants bikes...

I got a ride buddy who used a brand new 500cc Fi Royal Enfield in this event. He was kind enough to let me take it for a spin around the parking lot...

Breakfast time at the Hotel Stotsenberg with the participants...

That's the 2012 IronMan Challenge chairman, gsblue on the right side of the pix

Hercules screwed with this post 02-01-2012 at 01:01 AM
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #920
DanTheMan07
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
This is a picture compilation of the Vigan/Bantay checkpoint. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YyZn...&feature=share
The presence on the HPG is seen. And you will find me at about 2:18 of the video
Hey i got a cameo shot in those pics at :40

Great riding Herc! and to all the finishers. I still need to give this a try one of these times...
DanTheMan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:46 AM   #921
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan07 View Post
Hey i got a cameo shot in those pics at :40

Great riding Herc! and to all the finishers. I still need to give this a try one of these times...
Thanks DTM. I was very glad to see you at the checkpoint!

Yes you have a couple of pix at the Vigan check point. I requested for a copy of the pix. Once I get them. I will upload them pix here.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #922
Hercules

The following Friday, January 20 after the event was the presentation of finishers held at the BMW's Autohaus, a dealer in Libis, Quezon City.

That's me!!!

Me with BOSS group president Mr. Jojo Bautista

Me with 4rth finisher Hubert Soriano (GSA1200)

Me and my friend from Ormoc, Leyte ang Isabela provinces

gsblue on centerstage announcing the wacky awards...."Longest ridden Ironmen" from Omoc, Leyte to Manila, rising the Ironman challenge, then ridiing back to Ormoc Leyte. Our rider friends from Ormoc, Leyte Victor Espina and Bong Fran

Some other group pictures of friends.....

Old 02-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #923
Hercules

During the BOSS IronMan Challenge 1st briefing last Dec 8, 2011. I attended the briefing together with fellow inmate Rackemcrackem. It was a few days after our Boracay trip. During the briefing, it was covered by Inside Racing Magazine, we were lucky enough to be included in the pictures.

The January issue of Inside Racing Magazine Volume 9 No. 12

A scanned page of the BOSS Ironman VII article

Sectional pictures of the article.....

Guess who our special guest is..... From Alasaka..... Rackemcrackem!!!

The literature (write up)

Old 02-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #924
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:

Oddometer: 1,824
well the earth shook for us here in bohol at tagbilaran city from the earth quake was in the ICM shopping centre.

fly back home today 2 weeks short from what was planned our daughters health has picked up but flights were changed before she got better.

tagbilaran city has changed lots since my last stay very busy now. near everyone has a scooter now & cell phone even lower classed/struggling family's in the ran down native houses.

chocolate hills was great nice cool up there for this time of the year if your wanting to escape from the heat/humidity of tagbilaran city.

anyone needs a ride or tour in the chocolate hills - carmen area. my brother inlaw is located at the bottom of the hills & does private tours around the area ask for KIM in brown toyota car (aircon) .

had a full day at bajong falls - valencia was refreshing , had hard time getting my daughter out to go back home

yesterday had a family day at white beach - panglao
MY07 950 SER
veetwo _tls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #925
Paollo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
@ Sir Herc..

My congratulations to your 2012 ironman quest!

Btw some of my GS ride buddies here in Mindanao were interested in joining this event, infact they had themselves registered, but unfortunately they won't able to make it due to the time constraint in traveling to Manila from Mindanao by their bikes. Again, our congratulatons the finishers. Ride on!
Paollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #926
Rackemcrackem
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 397
Congrats to all the 2012 Ironman finishers! Thanks, again, Herc for finding time to post all the great pics and providing us "armchair" Ironman riders with a view of the events.

That certainly looks like a scowl on my face in one of those pics from Inside Racing....I must have been unhappy that I couldn't be there for the ride! The frown has ben replaced by a big smile, though, coz I get to have another vacation in the Phils., starting March 23! whoohoo!
Rackemcrackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #927
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackemcrackem View Post
Congrats to all the 2012 Ironman finishers! Thanks, again, Herc for finding time to post all the great pics and providing us "armchair" Ironman riders with a view of the events.

That certainly looks like a scowl on my face in one of those pics from Inside Racing....I must have been unhappy that I couldn't be there for the ride! The frown has ben replaced by a big smile, though, coz I get to have another vacation in the Phils., starting March 23! whoohoo!
Where r u going to be there Rackerman I arrive there March 7th , I had neighbours of Barbs ( Alaska Leather ) staying here a few weeks back .
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #928
Rackemcrackem
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 397
Hi Hondav2,

Thanks for asking. It's possible that some beautiful filipina will hold me captive on Luzon for this entire trip.
Unfortunately, this vacation is only a short tease for about 12 days....just long enough to remind me I'm still married to my career!

If my kidnap ransom gets paid, though, Bantayan island is high on my list of places to visit. Are there any commercial flights from Mactan to Bantayan currently, or is it a road/ferry trip?
Rackemcrackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #929
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackemcrackem View Post
Hi Hondav2,

Thanks for asking. It's possible that some beautiful filipina will hold me captive on Luzon for this entire trip.
Unfortunately, this vacation is only a short tease for about 12 days....just long enough to remind me I'm still married to my career!

If my kidnap ransom gets paid, though, Bantayan island is high on my list of places to visit. Are there any commercial flights from Mactan to Bantayan currently, or is it a road/ferry trip?
Bugger about the 12 days mate , I only booked a return ticket to singapore so i could get a visa ( free for 59 days when sorted in NZ ) might stay there for all our winter if funds allow it maybe 6 months but I miss NZ and our food , will c what happens . There was flights 3 days a week to Bantayan from Mactan but i think they stopped , the aircon bus is ok and cheap , taxi is 2,000p to Hagnaya which is good . We are going to Negros then Boracay and have to be at Bantayan for Karens birthday on April fools day txt me when yr there 09993040601 is my Phills No. Cheers Toddy
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #930
Hercules

Well, I hope you guys, Terry and Toddy, can meet up in someway.

It's finally starting in the Philippines! And I will join and support this event.
I hope the ADV inmates visiting this March can participate too.

Experience the Adventure! Join the 1st Touratech Travel Event 2012! In cooperation with BMW Motorrad, Limited to 40 slots only, First come First Serve basis. Register now at BMW Autohaus or MPH Motorcycle Accessories!