Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2009, 03:17 AM   #91
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by svejkovat
keenerken
Have you noticed this thread here at advrider?

Riding > Ride reports and pics, pics, pics...

(for some bizarre reason i tried to just post the url link and it kept rerouting the url right back to this thread! I tried it three times. It showed the right url in the post, but when you click on it you are rounted right back to this thread. Very strange indeed.)
Here...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...n+moped+called
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #92
B DIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
Man these things are soo much fun, I never really saw one til about a year ago when a buddy had one for sale. At first I was like damn thats ugly but was drawn to it. I had to have it so 350 bucks later and she was home. My son who was 12 then thought it was the absolute coolest thing hes ever seen and ride the shit out of it at home. He wants to ride it to work when he gets a job. This is a shot of alitte tour I did to a local state forest with some real nice fire roads. Nice and quiet and sipping gas, I love the CT90

Even got the buddy seat with it, the wifey and I take it on little tours on the back roads around the house.

B DIRT screwed with this post 08-02-2009 at 06:47 AM
B DIRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:45 AM   #93
Bar None
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat
I think I'd rather have the CT than either of the two big bikes you mentioned...
I agree completely.

diesel1959,
Great collection, especially the Land Cruiser Diesel pickup. Very rare?
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P sidecar
2015 Ural cT on order

Bar None screwed with this post 08-02-2009 at 07:04 AM
Bar None is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #94
cheesebot
I cheesebot

Oddometer: 392
We were so inspired by the fun everyone's having in this thread that last week we ended up finding two CT90s and got both for under a grand (from two different people). Sure they're not perfect and need paperwork ironed to be registered out but they both run great and have been a blast up and down the street. I can't wait to find some trails...

The red one is a 1970 and the yellow a 1967 - completely different controls but the same idea in mind.

cheesebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #95
svejkovat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
Dammit those look fun. And dammit I've got to get busy looking for one. Craigslist/ebay are last options i think since the bidding has made it so that it would be less fun to own one at an unrealistically inflated price. But there must be thousands of these tucked into corners of barns around michigan.

Paperwork! There's a guy over at mopedarmy.com who's suffering badly at the hands of authority for lack of paperwork. He reported his bike stolen. They found it. "Come on by and sign the forms and be on your way". He went there and his title was not in order. Get the right title they said or the yard keeps it. Yard keeps it too long and it gets sent to the scrap yard. He still does not have his bike back.

I don't know how RI is but you ought to be careful with the paperwork.
svejkovat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #96
cheesebot
I cheesebot

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by svejkovat

I don't know how RI is but you ought to be careful with the paperwork.
I've used ITS in the past in RI without problems and usually use the cost as a bargaining tool when negotiating a price on a bike without everything the DMV wants to see. However their costs have gone up in the last month or so - probably because DMVs everywhere are raising their fees.

Unfortunately many of these bikes were never registered in the first place to be used on back trails and farms so proper paperwork seems to be rare.
cheesebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #97
CA_Strom
Cunning Linguist

Oddometer: 2,176
I grew up riding a 1968 ct90, red of course. Now in my 40's, I'm waxing nostalgic for one. Lots of them on craigslist out here in the West, ranging from total junkers to restored models with sellers wanting $2k....

I'm heading out to look at a promising 1968 k1 today, exactly like I had in my youth... We'll see.....
Old 01-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #98
lawndarrrt
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Honda CT buddy pegs??

Hey everyone - I have an 84' CT 110 and ive been pondering putting buddy pegs on her.. What came with the bikes stock? are there oem buddy pegs on some models and not on others? I'm trying to figure out the deal with the pegs, how they came, and if they can be purchased oem and fit on my bike. any help would be awesome!
lawndarrrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:14 AM   #99
valentine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawndarrrt
Hey everyone - I have an 84' CT 110 and ive been pondering putting buddy pegs on her.. What came with the bikes stock? are there oem buddy pegs on some models and not on others? I'm trying to figure out the deal with the pegs, how they came, and if they can be purchased oem and fit on my bike. any help would be awesome!
http://www.dratv.com/oembufopa.html
valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #100
PinkSteel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawndarrrt
If your model has the brackets on the swingarm, those buddy pegs will work.

It seems that as the years went by, Honda discouraged two-up riding on the 90/110's, removing the pegs and stopping the buddy seat. My '79, the last year of the CT90, even had a factory sticker cautioning against two-up riding.

Probably had a lawsuit or two...
PinkSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:45 AM   #101
ferrix
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSteel

It seems that as the years went by, Honda discouraged two-up riding on the 90/110's, removing the pegs and stopping the buddy seat. My '79, the last year of the CT90, even had a factory sticker cautioning against two-up riding.

Probably had a lawsuit or two...
Our postie bikes are rated for maximum load of 130kg so yes, it's probably not the best vehicle for two-up riding...
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #102
mac66
Quasi Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
Since we are talking about CT90s,

I've had two of them for the past 10 years. A '69 K1 and a '75 K6. The K1 is faster than the K6 as someone mentioned earlier. They were my re-introduction to motorcycling after taking time off for my kids to grow up. I went from them to dual sporting a DRZ400S and am now back to the 90s. They truly are the perfect trail bike being low and slow, easy and fun to ride in the woods.

mac66 screwed with this post 03-01-2010 at 07:01 AM
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #103
LashLarue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
ct90 mods

An earlier post in this thread was asking about an atc110 motor swap. Can't see the logic in that but several have done Lifan 140 upgrades and at least one did an ATC 125 engine swap.

I have a CT90 and so far the mods have been the RS rectifier, a new $44 carb, dragon shocks ($40), an XL or XR350 gas tank, 6v LED tail lights (no turn signal upgrades for me as I rarely need them). Over the years I have done several off road rides and I average 108 mpg. That might change with the new carb and it is still on its first tank.

See the Yahoo group. It has a lot of resources and I use Beatrice Cycle (DrAtv) for parts. What other 40 year old mc can you buy a new seat from the dealer for under $100? Love the CTs and it is the ONLY bike I will never sell - find your own or wait until my last breath for this one.
LashLarue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #104
RoyB
Dartmouth, Massacusetts

Oddometer: 1,578
What carb did you get and where did you source it? and how difficult was the installation.

I just inherited a 71 CT90 with 600 miles on it. Perfect, showroom condition except gasoline was left in it all these years. What a mess. I got the tank to clean up real nice, but i think the carburetor might be more work than it's worth.
2004 Honda VFR abs,2001 Moto Guzzi Rosso Mandello
1971 Honda Trail CT90
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #105
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB
What carb did you get and where did you source it? and how difficult was the installation.

I just inherited a 71 CT90 with 600 miles on it. Perfect, showroom condition except gasoline was left in it all these years. What a mess. I got the tank to clean up real nice, but i think the carburetor might be more work than it's worth.
I would replace the fuel lines (get the ones from Honda or dratv they are smaller than Napa lines and easier to route) put in a inline filter and get a carb kit, it is very rare that you will find a carb that is not rebuild able. http://dratv.com/carin.html

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote