Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
SolidState OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
2000 Husqvarna TC 610 Build. A Little Left-Kick Charm, some Q&As.

Yo.

I recently acquired a 2000 TC610.

This is the motocross/dirt oriented version as opposed to the TE which is the dual sport version.

I bought this left-kick abortion from a friend who needed some money and was offering it for a good deal. I certainly didn't need another bike, but hell, who can turn one down?

I've gone through the entire bike--from suspension to engine work--and there's some really good news along with a few questions.

I have a good friend [PILO] who's on this site, preparing a rallye like he does every year. Last year I rode my big bore MF and it was just too hard. Imagine that--a 700lb bike too big for a proper rally...

So, I'm building this bitch up as a little rallye bike. I'm not adding turn signals or a larger tank, etc, but I'm doing some fun stuff with it so I figured it was something interesting enough to post here.

For now, I think I'll call her Broomhilda. Sure she's smaller than the GSA, but she's no size 2 either. Sing it, fat lady.

SolidState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
SolidState OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
The Q&A part of the program...

Anyway, to get ready for the rallye, I need to lean Broomhilda up a tad, get her stripped down so I can see what's down-up-under there.

She hasn't run in a couple of years, so going through her was a pain in the ass, but we did.

Right now, I'm running into 2 problems:

1. Idle adjustment.
2. Electrical

For now, here's #1:

After going through the carb, etc, the bike still isn't holding the idle very well. It starts up fine and stays running as long as I'm on the throttle, but when I let go she kills.

I'm wondering if it has to do with hole B being plugged by this black plug?

Anyone know?

I asked my daughter about it, but it was the morning after Mardi Gras (I guess that means it was the morning of Lent), but she didn't have anything to add. She just looked at me like, "eh, um, could be...??"

SolidState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #3
makulekane
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Somethings missing there....

That hole is where the idle adjustment screw is located on my 2000 TE610E with the Dell'Orto 40MS1 carb. Tried to load a picture but no luck. The adjuster shows up in the parts catalog expanded view.

Not sure if I'm just seeing things but there also appears to be a split in the boot next to the bolt to the cylinder. If so, that will cause all sorts of issues. Easy fix though. Good luck...
makulekane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:31 PM   #4
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by makulekane View Post
That hole is where the idle adjustment screw is located on my 2000 TE610E with the Dell'Orto 40MS1 carb. Tried to load a picture but no luck. The adjuster shows up in the parts catalog expanded view.
What he said.
Get an adjustment screw to replace the plug and adjust the idle.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM   #5
makulekane
n00b

Parts catalog

Google Hall's Cycles to see a parts catalog if you need one. Page 62 drawing 13A for the TE610E and the TE610E/LT... not sure all the parts are the same as your lefty kicker but carbs should be the same if the numbers match.

Kit for the idle screw is part number 8000 94621. You can look up the price on their site as well by typing in the number your looking for.

If you haven't checked the idle fuel jet as yet, that could be the "stalling at idle" culprit... dirt or sludge from standing so long with fuel in the bowl. That's assuming the bike idled properly with the rubber plug at some point in it's past. One guess is the idle was being controlled using the throttle cable adjusters. You might try that until you get your hands on the kit.

The "A" in your picture is the idle air adjuster.
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM   #6
makulekane
n00b

Throttle cable

Just noticed... is that the throttle cable peeking thru the inside curve of the metal tube at the top of the carb? That's a red card... check it out before you ride that mama toward anything solid.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #7
makulekane
n00b

My bad... part number for the TC adjuster is different.

Check out Hall's for the right stuff...

[URL="http://http://www.halls-cycles.com/images/PDF/Husqvarna%20.PDFs/1998-2004/2000/00_410-610.pdf"]