User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
CMurgel OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Pissed Jesse Luggage Mount incompatible with CJ rear tank and Remus 2:1

Despite of the fact that I love my Jesse luggage panniers their mount (new version) is very restrictive to accessories installation.

I wanted to have the CJ rear aluminum tank and it is impossible to have it (thanks CJ for all your effort on trying to make it work), yesterday I installed my Remus 2:1 and found out that the mount is also incompatible also with it....

Next week I will try to modify it to see if I can use with the Remus otherwise I may look for another option for panniers, what a bummer because Jesse panniers are fantastic.

So folks before you buy anything for your Adventure 990 if you have the Jesse mount please make sure it will allow you to install it.

From Brasil experiencing a very hot summer!
CMurgel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,084
CMurgel:
I would suggest that you contact Al Jesse via E-Mail, tell him what it is you want to do, send photos of the needed conversion areas & ask if Al can help.

Al is one person that goes out of his way to help those of us with problems & my guess is he has a fix for yours.

You have the worlds best luggage now it would be a shame that you can't use it & i bet Al has an answer for you, wouldn't surprise at all that you will have you bike set up just like you want it

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
CMurgel OP
Adventurer

Belstaff I never said that they are bad, I love their products and have been dealing with Alycia and she is a great person to deal with.

When I started this I bought a new Jesse mount and have it shipped to CJ so he could have the real thing to see if it was possible to modify it to accomodate the aluminum thank. It was not possible and I called Alycia asking for the same kind of system that our friend from Australia got for his 950 and due to my time limitation (I would be in the USA in a few days) she could not do anything for me.

Now with the Remus I was not aware of that limitation and I just posted so others can know before they buy the system and try to install.

I am sure that Jesse is a great guy and I am a fan of his products, due to my geographical location and don't think it is feasible for him to make any modification on my mount and I am not complaining about.

I think that one of the key features of his mount is its closeness to the bike, but this is also one of its limitations as I am learning now, because we can not use accessories like the rear aluminum tank and the remus 2:1.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,726
I'm suprised the exhaust doesn't fit.

I've modified a jessie-james bag to fit the optional gas tank on an Adventure. Not bad. You need a bag with a flat back and a rack to match.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
robdogg
turnip truck driver

Oddometer: 1,727
I have the new style Jesse boxes as well.. I also considered the aluminum tank and I don't think it would take too much effort to fabricate some extensions, but on the other hand, I decided to just go with a pair of 1gal Rotopax that I will mount to the sides of my top box.. maybe not as clean or optimal as having the side mounted tank, but it'll do.. and way less cash too.
John 5:24

CMA Fast Lane Forums
robdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #6
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,911
Give them a ring - they accomdated the CJ designs tank on the TwoMotoKiwis bike with the use of some spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
CMurgel:
I would suggest that you contact Al Jesse via E-Mail, tell him what it is you want to do, send photos of the needed conversion areas & ask if Al can help.

Al is one person that goes out of his way to help those of us with problems & my guess is he has a fix for yours.

You have the worlds best luggage now it would be a shame that you can't use it & i bet Al has an answer for you, wouldn't surprise at all that you will have you bike set up just like you want it
Spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciedema View Post
Give them a ring - they accomdated the CJ designs tank on the TwoMotoKiwis bike with the use of some spacers.
Yes he did, now we have Roll Royce luggage with 40 L of fuel. win win

....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
CMurgel OP
Adventurer

Just an update on the Jesse Luggage mount:

Spoke with Al today, what a great guy, and he told me that for the Adventure 990 left size and CJ aluminum tank he is looking for a future development. He doesn't have any solution available now and will not work on this project until maybe June due to other development projects. So guys his solution was for the 950 not to the 990.

For the right side he asked me to send some pictures of the problem that he will see if it is possible for a quick fix down here below the equador. He does not have a solution for this ready at the moment.

I told him that he should look for this with all the necessary attention, because the CJ tank and that Remus 2:1 are great products and his users probably will be looking for them on the market.

Well folks this is all for now and when ever I have any news I will let you guys know.