ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
Muug OP
Muug

Oddometer: 40
Wings Exhausts : replacing damping wool

Hi,
I own a KTM 950 Adventure, built in 2005. It has Wings mufflers for several years now. A few years ago I decided to replace the damping wool. Wings Exhausts sent me a pair of damping mats, each consisting of two layers, an inside and an outside mat. The inside mat clearly is glass wool, the mat that needs to be placed at the outside of the muffler is something totally different, way more rigid too.
Now last month I ordered a new set and today I started to replace them. As you can see in the picture I have only received one layer per muffler, the glass wool layer. Now I don't know what to do, and the manager of Wings Exhausts, Gorazd, seems to be on holiday.
- Should I throw away the old material (2 mats per muffler) and put in the new glass wool layer
- should I re-use the old outside layer with the new glass wool layer
- should I contact Wings Exhaust and ask what I need to do. Now, that I already did and that's how I now he's on holiday.

But if one of you guys knows what I should do, then I don't need to wait until Gorazd goes back to work.

You can check the pictures of the old and the new material here : http://www.goedmotorrijden.be/toonze.../9/category/13