User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
Bill 310 OP
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 3,084
Need Help with BMW Rome

This May we stopped in at BMW Rome and my wife bought new BMW Riding Gear (airflow jacket and pants) Since we were travelling the dealership agreed to ship my wife's old Air Flow Jacket and Pants to Knopf's in Heidelberg.

Since we have got home my wife has been corresponding with Paulo in clothing at BMW Rome and he is now unable to ship Susan's clothing to Stefan's. Every email has a different reason, They can't mail out of the country, he has to get special permission to ship, and so on. We are planning on paying for the shipping but he can't get us a cost to ship my wife's gear to Germany in a box.

We will be back in Europe at the end of August and she bought new gears she could just leave her old gear in Germany with our bike.

We don't have anyone else at the dealership to talk to and we are stuck. I am concerned that soon Paulo will throw out her gear

Does anyone living in Rome know anyone at BMW Rome who can help us out, send me a contact email of someone else (who speaks English) My wife speaks a little Italian but it is not working out in this case at all.

Any help would be appreciated

This is the dealership

BMW ROMA SRL
Via Anastasio II, 71
00165 ROMA
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.

Bill 310 screwed with this post 07-05-2014 at 05:34 PM
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #2
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,218
You could try sending a PM to GiorgioXT, he's Italian, speaks good English but lives in Padua, he's always helpful and could at least get over the language barrier on your behalf.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #3
fluff34567
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,015
did you pay with credit card or cash ?

if credit card stop pissing about with the dealer and go straight to the card company and claim a refund.
fluff34567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #4
Bill 310 OP
Poser Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff34567 View Post
did you pay with credit card or cash ?

if credit card stop pissing about with the dealer and go straight to the card company and claim a refund.

To be clear, we bought new gear for my wife and paid for it. That is not the problem.

The dealership agreed to mail her old gear back to Germany. Now that we are back in Canada, there is a constant list of excuses why they can't send her old gear to Germany. We had agreed to pay for shipping of the gear.

That is the problem. Of course the reason we wanted the gear shipped back to Germany was so that she will have riding gear in Europe at the MC when we return in August.
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #5
fluff34567
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,015
My fault... didnt read the bit about old clothes.
fluff34567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #6
Bill 310 OP
Poser Emeritus

Well this morning my wife got an email from Paulo at BMW Rome saying he would have a solution to our problem in a few days.

Coincidentally this came after my post on both ADV Rider and ldrider calling our for help with anyone familiar with BMW Rome

We shall see how this works out.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
gammaemme
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
I'm Italian, I live in Germany right now but calling Rome isn't a problem at all, feel free to mp me if you need any help with this. Usually bmw dealers are expensive as hell, but they do deliver...
gammaemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #8
Bill 310 OP
Poser Emeritus

The BS continues regarding BMW Rome mailing back my wife's riding suit. I am calling again this week.

If the suit is still there and not tossed out can someone in Rome go pick it up for her and send it to Germany?

I will pay for gas, shipping ,etc
Old 12-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #9
Nonno Peppe
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Probably I'll be in Rome this week or the next one and I'll let you know about your gears.
stay tuned
Nonno Peppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #10
Bill 310 OP
Poser Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonno Peppe View Post
Probably I'll be in Rome this week or the next one and I'll let you know about your gears.
stay tuned

Check you PM's please