Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2009, 08:29 AM   #166
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996DL
......Any feedback would be so much appreciated !

Thank you fellow riders!

996DL
Considering that most Germans speak some english, I'd recommend posting a thread in enlish in the German V-strom forum. I did a quick search and found this one: http://www.v-stromforum.de/.

If you need help creating an account just post here (of pm me).

Good luck!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #167
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle
Considering that most Germans speak some english, I'd recommend posting a thread in enlish in the German V-strom forum. I did a quick search and found this one: http://www.v-stromforum.de/.

If you need help creating an account just post here (of pm me).

Good luck!
Thanks for the offer of help Cuttle, I've always felt that the German Vstrom forum could yield further insight, into the perplexing stability issues I've encountered since mounting the 41 Zega panniers.

I've pretty well exhausted my searches through VSRI and the Vstrommer sites and I'm so tired of the DL fan base expounding that they run on rails...

To my understanding, Germany's Suzuki Distributer played a key role in the DL1000 being brought to market in the first place. My Touratech panniers carried high, rearward and wide, originate in Germany, so surely they'd be a somewhat popular fitment in their country of origin. Germany offers some form of highspeed motorways, suspension manufactuers such as Wilbers and a vibrant, technically savy motorcycling community. Sure as Hell, there's bound to be some overloaded Zega mounted DL1000 riders wobbling about at speed, that have reached out for answers since 2002 in the German forums.

I've been aware of Germany's Vstrom forum for some time, even had a look at it's home page once again last night, but I'm an old computer dinosaur in regards to addressing the translations of entire pages, sites etc.

Being able to somehow use the site's search function to access information on loaded stability issues, or have the ability (I don't) to make an english posting requesting answers/alternatives to the information/mods I've already tried/adopted, would be perhaps one more positive step towards my goal of a useful, stable, 41 litre Zega equipped DL1000. I probably should have reached out to "Master Mike" years ago, to somehow introduce me to the German Vstrom forum and seek alternative views to my handling issues, but alas I never did.

Everybodys life is busy these days, whose isn't, but thanks for taking the time to offer assistance Cuttle.

996DL

So tired, of so much of the internet, but it's so damned useful...
996DL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #168
schattat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,419
I guess it's my turn to sign in

I live in Hofheim am Taunus, about 30mins away from Frankfurt am Main and Wiesbaden (between them both).
Anybody here live closeby?

Yamaha WR450F Rallye Spec
schattat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:46 AM   #169
Holdi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Yes, I live pretty close. Did u check grimaldi-freightercruises for ur upcoming trip?
Holdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:47 AM   #170
Cybermach
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Hello All!

I'm not German (American) but I live in Deggendorf and speak German and Spanish. My German is only so-so but I can be understood. If any one is nearby and needs a beer or a couch feel free to contact me.
Cybermach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:18 AM   #171
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Oddometer: 1,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty POG
I can legally claim German Citizenship, does that count?
Absolutely Austin, TX, ...huh! So, you get to ride the Three Sisters and get to enjoy the Texas hill country. ...NICE !
TomTom63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:19 AM   #172
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandarax
Und warum wird hier dann nicht deutsch gesprochen/geschrieben?
Wieso? wird's doch...
Old 03-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #173
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Transatlantic Meeting

Interesting, GatorTiger and I meet first time on ADVrider, only to find out that we were neighbors for 5 years in the Atlanta area.

Now he lives in the greater Hamburg / Germany area. We got to meet first time in person, today, in Hamburg at the Landungsbruecken.

Isn't the internet great

Old 03-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #174
GatorTiger
Go Gators - Ride Tigers!

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.REX63
Interesting, GatorTiger and I meet first time on ADVrider, only to find out that we were neighbors for 5 years in the Atlanta area.
It was great meeting you and Pia!! I had a great time!! Man, just think of what could've been!! Beer, BBQs, high cholesterol (which we would fight with some red wine ), great rides in the smokies... then again: never say never!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Now he lives in the greater Hamburg / Germany area. We got to meet first time in person, today, in Hamburg at the Landungsbruecken.
War hoffentlich nicht das letzte Mal!!! Ich plane ja immer noch auf regelmäßige 2-Wochen-Aufenthalte in den Staaten, die mit einem Rad auf zwei Rädern zu absolvieren sind! Dann können wir auch die Biere etwas nachholen!!

Quote:
Isn't the internet great
Indeed!!! Jetzt muss ich mich mal um ein Fishhead-ADV-Meeting hier im Norden kümmern...

Cheers,
HG

See this: Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine !

GatorTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:24 AM   #175
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Sitting at HH Airport, on my way back to the US of A. Another week of tight schedules ahead. Then it's putting my "new" G650XC back together and it's off to the North Georgia mountains playing in the dirt, in 20+ degrees C ... (sorry, I had to squeeze the temps in there )
Old 03-18-2009, 02:20 AM   #176
Anna
Dedicated chocolate lover

Oddometer: 385
Hallo zusammen,

ich lebe zwar seit 2.5 Jahren nicht mehr in Deutschland aber besitzxe immernoch die Staatsbuergerschaft (wenn auch keine Umlaute mehr auf der Tastatur...), drum schreib ich hier auch mal.

Bevor ich nach Tasmanien gezogen bin (mit meinem Mann und unseren 2 Hunden), haben wir lange Zeit im Harz gewohnt (allerdings bin ich damals noch nicht Motorrad gefahren). Ursprueglich komme ich aus Hannover.

Ich fahre eine Wee-Strom (auch erst seit 3 Wochen) und LIEBE es. Bin hier unten viel mit meinem Maedels-Club unterwegs hoffe aber bald mal ein paar ortsansaessige ADV-rider zu mobilisieren (ist sogar noch ein Deutscher dabei, hihi).

Dann mal schoene Gruesse aus dem sonnigen Hobart,
Anissa
Old 03-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #177
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna
Dann mal schoene Gruesse aus dem sonnigen Hobart,
Anissa
Hallo Anna,
we just might look you up in 2012, a bunch of Germans living in the US... Hoffe Du hast bis dahin das Bier kaltgestellt
Old 03-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #178
stephenaki
Old Rider

Oddometer: 271
Wicked Stuttgart Area

If anyone is around the Stuttgart area, you have company. My Co-worker and I both have bikes here and he's the one with the GS1200. Doing a short ride this Sunday afternoon. Shoot me a message if interested in joining us. Here is a link to the route we are planning on running.

http://tinyurl.com/cakgma

For the most part we are prepping for our John O' Groats run and getting used to navigating with my GPS and each others riding style. Anyone wanting to tag along is welcome.
99 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
stephenaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:42 AM   #179
airheadtraveller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
this is helmut, aka airhead writing from wonderful aachen/germany.
if you are close by, let me know and we could meet for a coffee or 3...

regards...
-=airhead=-
www.le-chais.de.vu
airheadtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:53 AM   #180
Anna
Dedicated chocolate lover

Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Hallo Anna,
we just might look you up in 2012, a bunch of Germans living in the US... Hoffe Du hast bis dahin das Bier kaltgestellt
Well, you are always welcome. We have a nice guestroom.
And tasmanian beer is awsome (if you like beer which I don't ).
Great roads down here as well...