Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #91
space08
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
There are a few MX tracks and MX clubs nearby Munich. At home I have a list with the most tracks and clubs in this area, but at the moment I'm on vacation in Iceland ...
Send me an pm if you want to have the information...

cya
Markus
1998 Kawasaki 650 KLR
1996 Kawasaki 250 KLR
space08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:08 AM   #92
AGIRABI
The World Is Mine

Oddometer: 685
Come on German Advrides !!! We wanna see your pics in action !
AGIRABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:26 AM   #93
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGIRABI
Come on German Advrides !!! We wanna see your pics in action !
Ahhh, ...those German dudes and dudets are just shy and all weird about posting pictures and personal information on the world wide web . Took me a couple of years to break out of that shell ( I am German ).
TomTom63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:34 AM   #94
Mandarax
internet insultant

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.REX63
Ahhh, ...those German dudes and dudets are just shy and all weird about posting pictures and personal information on the world wide web..
I don't think that's all there is to it. I suppose that most of them have their own communities and are not aware of ADVrider. And eaven if they knew: a large number wouldn't see a point in having to cope with a language that is not their own when there are so many people to talk to in their mother tongue.

And although it is nice to read about rides in the woods somewhere in the US, to many of them it is much more interesting to mutter about the (new and utterly stupid) toll laws in Slovenia or look for information about ferries to Africa where our american brethren cannot help us.

We have a nice community around here and do some travelling, but we have our own mailing list and meet every week at our Stammtisch talking about plans and things that have no relevance to anybody outside. And all communication is done in German of course.

If I'd be looking for information about destinations in Europe or around the Mediteranian I wouldn't look in a forum with mosty american patrons but instead look into the relevant fora in Europe where the chance to reach people with relevant information is higher.

So we're not really shy. We're out there. On the bikes and on the interwebs. Some of us travel more than others, some just offer photos on their website and no words (although you might find them writing in magazines and websites), others just enjoy the ride and are not inclined to write about it or to publicize their pictures.

Mandarax screwed with this post 11-05-2008 at 05:27 AM
Mandarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #95
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandarax
I don't think that's all there is to it. I suppose that most of them have their own communities

We have a nice community around here and do some travelling, but we have our own mailing list and meet every week at our Stammtisch talking about plans and things that have no relevance to anybody outside. And all communication is done in German off course.

So we're not really shy. We're out there.
Hey Mandarax, nice website and great fotos. I know, you guys and gals are out there, I just had to throw out the bait. After 23+ years in the US, I actually would be very much interested in riding North Africa...

I'll leave next week for my second Alaska trip. The excitment is becoming unbearable

All the best to all of you, safe riding
Old 07-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #96
Kruemel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
German enjoying live in Sydney. Send me a PM if you are in the region. There is some nice riding around, gee even the pope comes visiting these days, that should tell you something.

www.trendschnecke.org for some great pictures and stories from down under. Limited riding stories yet, but I am working on it.
Kruemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:57 AM   #97
GatorTiger
Go Gators - Ride Tigers!

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
but I think it would be a wonderful experience for my daughter.
That experience is one of the biggest gifts you can give your daughter!!!!!!

I moved to the US from Germany when my sons were 3. Now they are 13 and we have a 4 1/2 years old daughter and we just now moved back. The boys were apprehensive about it at first, but now they love their new found freedom! And, sorry to say it like that my US-friends: As a teenager there is more freedom for you to have in Europe than there is in the US! Probably hard for you to believe, but true. Give your daughter that experience! Too few Americans have it!

As for the riding: If off-road is what you want to do then you're in a bad position. But there is so much other riding to do around here... Just enjoy the difference, the new destinations!

If that job is paid in Euros, I would take it if I were you...

See this: Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine !

GatorTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:14 AM   #98
GatorTiger
Go Gators - Ride Tigers!

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandarax
I don't think that's all there is to it. I suppose that most of them have their own communities
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.REX63
I know, you guys and gals are out there, I just had to throw out the bait.
It's the mix of (website/forum/what have you) cultures that makes it interesting! I started to ride after moving to the states. advrider was the first forum that I encountered. So I guess my 'forum style' is slanted...

When I started to get into some German forums I found most of them rather dull and painfully cleancut. Stereotypically German! Booooooring! So I started posting the way I would post on advrider. Stirred things up a bit! In a good way, though! Posting my three 'Mounting Mountaina' trip reports (translated, of course ) after a while and the feedback was almost overwhelming!

Unfortunately too few Germans (and other Europeans) know too little about the US (bikes or otherwise) or even care about it and the same holds true for many Americans the other way round.

The few of us out there that experienced both sides have the task now to play connector and show the parties involved the respective other side.
Now if the German TÜV would only give me the freedom to operate my (newly aquired 14 year old) bike and I will show you some European trip reports advstyle...

See this: Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine !

GatorTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #99
PlayersMarkus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Servus!

Ich komme aus Muenchen (aus Minga wo'd Leit stinga) und lebe in Denver. Jetzt langt's mir's aber so langsam hier....
PlayersMarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #100
Mandarax
internet insultant

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorTiger
When I started to get into some German forums I found most of them rather dull and painfully cleancut. Stereotypically German! Booooooring! So I started posting the way I would post on advrider. Stirred things up a bit! In a good way, though! Posting my three 'Mounting Mountaina' trip reports (translated, of course ) after a while and the feedback was almost overwhelming!
Not really exciting, but always a good stop ist this one:

Although traffic is not to be compared with this place, you'll find some interesting people.
Mandarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #101
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorTiger
It's the mix of (website/forum/what have you) cultures that makes it interesting!

The few of us out there that experienced both sides have the task now to play connector and show the parties involved the respective other side.
...well put, ...well put!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:08 AM   #102
mike-munich
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersMarkus
Ich komme aus Muenchen (aus Minga wo'd Leit stinga) und lebe in Denver. Jetzt langt's mir's aber so langsam hier....
LOL, servus aus München ! Ich komme aus Texas und lebe in Minga (und dua ned stinga...). Bin jedes Jahr in Denver, hab Verwandte in Boulder.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:32 AM   #103
TRB
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Dual Sport Riding

Hello,

I recently picked up a XR650L that my Dad will be using next month for our road trip. I'd like to keep the bike IF I can use the bike for some dual sporting. I'm located in Kaiserslautern area and would like to get involved in the off-roading Europe has to offer. Any recommendations on any clubs in the area, or some way to get involved? I unfortunately only speak English so I'm already at a disadvantage. Thanks for any help!

Tim
TRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:56 AM   #104
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,637
I need to stash a bike........

G'day over there! Tomorrow I'm flying to Jordan to rescue a friends 100GSPD, thats been there for 2yrs. (it;s a long story...). All going to plan,umm hang on there is no plan. No, seriously, I'm hoping to reach a happy agreement with Jordanian customs, then ride to Germany to deposit said machine until alater date. Trouble is, the people we had in mind are no longer able to help us out. So. This is the problem. Hoping to sort something out by the time I fly out of Munich on 28th August......
Cheers all.

Oh yeah I hope that foot injury is healing well. Man!
Old 11-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #105
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRB
Hello,

I recently picked up a XR650L that my Dad will be using next month for our road trip. I'd like to keep the bike IF I can use the bike for some dual sporting. I'm located in Kaiserslautern area and would like to get involved in the off-roading Europe has to offer. Any recommendations on any clubs in the area, or some way to get involved? I unfortunately only speak English so I'm already at a disadvantage. Thanks for any help!

Tim
Hey Tim, try this site www.adv.reiseenduro.de Actually, Mandarax, who posted in this thread recommended it and it is a neat site.

I would not worry too much about speaking english only. A lot of the guys and gals on that forum frequent Advrider too. Hope to see you there...

TomTom63 screwed with this post 11-12-2008 at 03:10 PM