Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #2116
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny View Post
So I bough tmy 530 used from a dealership. Paid them via my bank card (debit). It has been two weeks since the purchase. I have the bike, but I have no title from them, and no bill of sale. I would think they would have all of that, especially the bill of sale that they could send to me so I can at least get the insurance on the thing and show that I am the rightful owner.

Am I on crack or expecting too much?
Crack
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #2117
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

So I found the cause of my charging issue a few posts back....loose battery connection...at least I'm hoping as I need my starter alot this weekend....riding the Cord...not a lot of 530s at the Cord last year.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:06 AM   #2118
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Thanks dutchman. I should have left the crack pipe at home.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:15 AM   #2119
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny View Post
Thanks dutchman. I should have left the crack pipe at home.
I did some KTM crack a few weeks ago too...bought a 06 KTM 950 with only 2k on it but starting issues...very expensive garage ornament at the moment...not even sure why I bought it as I can barely stay ahead of the maintenance required by the 530...get your tools organized! But I do enjoy my garage time...
Old 09-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #2120
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

Check it on the stand

A few weeks ago, I spent 2 weeks going over my 530 for the fall enduro season...everything tip top(new bearings, brakes, tires, filter, etc) except for the chain and sprockets which where still OK.

I rode it 10hrs a couple of weekends back and all looked good after I washed it. After closer inspection, I was missing my masterlink clip. So, new drivetrain went on it. Then I noticed half dozen loose spokes, and a deep cut in my new near new rear tire. My shifter was loose, too.

I wonder how that chain coming apart would have been like...haven`t had one go since I rode a 125 when I was 12.

I think I have everything buttoned up now, other than my oil issue, hopefully
Old 09-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #2121
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Dutch,

My dad was a helicopter mechanic instructor in the Army for many years and I never understood as a kid why all my stuff had safety wire on it. I now understand.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #2122
ekms377
The 2-Stroke Guy

Oddometer: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
I did some KTM crack a few weeks ago too...bought a 06 KTM 950 with only 2k on it but starting issues...very expensive garage ornament at the moment...not even sure why I bought it as I can barely stay ahead of the maintenance required by the 530...get your tools organized! But I do enjoy my garage time...
Garage Time = Therapy
Riding Time = Stress Relief
'14 KTM 350XCF-W

ekms377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #2123
Yardstick
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,925
Hopefully this isn't an epidemic! I just noticed today while putting a 7602 carb vent on that I'm missing the master link clip on my bike too!

I also noticed my front tire seems to be oddly offset to the right -very little space to the right fork protector, plenty on the left and no loose spokes!

Also I have similar scratches on the insides of my fork protectors, like terry.mc showed here (they seem normal to me):

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.mc View Post
Does anyone else see these marks on the inside of their fork protectors?

I was riding with another 530 rider this weekend and it looks like we both have them. Not sure if the marks are rocks that get picked up in the side knobs or actual wheel deflection causing the contact...
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #2124
xcflyn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
13-52 Am I crazy ?

I currently run a 13-50 and I cruise at 65 the limited amount of time I am on the road with my bike (450exc). But after 1500mi my chain and sprockets are shot. Not terrible but I am going to change them. I lived in the san juans all summer and will spend the winter most likely in Nevada riding alot of the two track/single tracks. I dont run a auto clutch and the mechanical advantage of that sprocket combo is pretty attractive. Just wondering If I should go to a 14-52 to try to get more life out of the chain ? I believe a 14-52 is going to be taller then the 13-50 I currently run . Feel free to pass on any info on where the best prices are for chain sprocket combos too. I am currently looking at - KTM cycle hut- A buddy said to go with a x-ring chain ? Not sure about that either ?
xcflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:30 AM   #2125
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcflyn View Post
But after 1500mi my chain and sprockets are shot.
My advice is to get a dirt tricks sprocket, which isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. They last forever, and chains last forever when they are wrapping around correct tooth spacing.

14/52 may be a little short in Nevada- not only is the riding faster, but the motor will have a lot more at low elevation, making taller gearing more realistic. I'd go 14/50, unless you're planning to spend a lot of time on goat trail.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #2126
oinky1982
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
My advice is to get a dirt tricks sprocket, which isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. They last forever, and chains last forever when they are wrapping around correct tooth spacing.

14/52 may be a little short in Nevada- not only is the riding faster, but the motor will have a lot more at low elevation, making taller gearing more realistic. I'd go 14/50, unless you're planning to spend a lot of time on goat trail.
I agree, I've try 14/50 and on open forest roead you can not cruise at more than 65 for a long moment

My favorite one it's 15/50 wich it is perfect every were
oinky1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #2127
roastbeef82
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
EU model hard to start

Hi, just been out for my first ride on the my new 530 exc-r 2011. It's virtually brand new, only done 90 kms (1 hr) it was a de-stockage, one of the last carb models.

It runs fine but I find it difficult to start, I had a 400 before, so I am used to starting these bikes.

I know you are all going to say - get rid of the smog stuff, but I don't think I have that on my bike, I'm in France so I have the EU model.

I think I should run a few more tank fulls through the carb before I start pulling it apart.

Also there were loads of metal bits on the oil screen when I changed the gearbox oil - this I kind of expect from a new bike. The engine oil screen was clean, I expect the filter picked up any particals from there.

Great bike, Ideal for me, I love the low end power, shall I post some pictures for y'all ??
Old 09-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #2128
windyhill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
I'm wanting to upgrade my seat to something a bit more compliant. Any thoughts on an EE soft complete seat vs. seat concepts foam and cover? Thanks.
windyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #2129
Bob599
Bob599

Oddometer: 284
Tale of the Tail

I went with a couple options;

EE standard soft=worse than stock

EE Tall soft better but not much than stock

Next up will be EE Tall Firm but if I had it to do over again I would either skip to Seat Concepts or go all out with Renazco. May do that this winter.

Good luck
Old 09-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #2130
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,434
I got the Renazco on my 690, worth the money on that bike. I use my 530 as more of a dirt bike, but at an AMA Dual Sport with 100 to 120 mile days, I wish I had a Renazvo on it as well. I have the EE tall firm. I never tried the stocker as I like the taller foam. I think the suede on the Renazco makes a big difference as far as monkey butt goes.

I read a good report about the Seat Concepts seat at Enduro360.com. They did a long ride on a 450 EXC with that seat and loved it.It looks like the Seat Concepts has a wide flat rear, which would allow you to stretch out and sit back there on the road sections and get a little relief, The EE seat will be thin all the way front to back.

There is also XPC but I don't know much about them.

What kind of riding to you do WindyHill?

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote