Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #2146
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseret Rider View Post
Attachment 291096

I like the Corbin Saddles---they feel 'firm' to the touch but they work really well. I also like small saddlebags like these because they hang over the side and do not add to the height that I have to swing my leg over----ideal for short inseam chaps like myself.
That is a cool option!

Can you give some more info on your setup please? Is there a rack under there (underwear??) and who makes the bags, etc. This is an option I may consider as well. Do you have any problems with the bags getting caught up in debris / low clearance aread like ruts?

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #2147
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
Can anyone recommend a set of directions. I keep breaking them, thanks.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #2148
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob599 View Post
Well what would be the concensus? Is the Renazco worth the extra dollars. I really use my 2011 530 as a dual sport with alot of fire lanes and I sit and ride more of a flat track style. I'm getting older and really value comfort now.

Suggestions, coments?
Renazco, sounds like your old, so you can afford it.... Go ahead and get the suede. It will get dirty and look like hell in a year, but no more monkey butt.

XPC if you can't wait on Renazco maybe? Anyone?

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #2149
oinky1982
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Not a smooth ride

Hi Everybody,

First, sorry for my english,

second, when i'm riding at a constent speed, like 85 mph, for more than 20 second, My bike start to knock from everywhere. I feel iT in the whole bike.. I think the problem come from the chain, it slap up and down (I think) may be the problem come from some whre else????? Since I ve this bike I got this on confortable thing on road or on easy gravel road, when the bike his on accellaration it is ok, it's really just happen at constent speed. Please help me, cause I'll finish by sell this beast if I cannot found the problem. I ride 15/50 gearing
oinky1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #2150
Deseret Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Saddle bags

The bags are from Dennis Kirk and are about $85. I formed a upside down 'U" out of 1" PVC pipe by carefully heating it to just the right critical temperature and then bending it over the seat and hanging down both sides of the bike and attached that to the bike and the bags to the "U" frame which keeps the bags secure. Later, I found that I could eliminate the "U" frame simply by shortening up the section between the bags and letting them ride on the fenders while secured to the original ties previously used to hold the 'U" frame. The bags are not large---as you can see---but work nicely for day trips. They are of a synthetic leather but I'd give them an "A" for value---they do everything I want them to do.

I've never tested to the full range of my 3.4 gal tank----would not want anything bigger----and for the riding I do---primarily a weighted mix of dirt with a little hi-way---I typically get a little better than 50 mpg with 14/48 gearing (and usually the computer shows an average speed of 26-28 Miles per hour --typical days ride 100 miles and about 85% dirt)
Deseret Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #2151
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigborefan View Post
Renazco, sounds like your old, so you can afford it.... Go ahead and get the suede. It will get dirty and look like hell in a year, but no more monkey butt.

XPC if you can't wait on Renazco maybe? Anyone?
I have an XPC on my 530, and a Renazco on my DR, and a Renazco on my (former) DRZ.

The XPC is ok, the Renazco's are great. I'd wait for a Renazco in the future (and I did, with the current seat on my DR441).

I've ridden Renazco's on bigger bikes - 950's, big BMW's and such - and personally somewhat prefer more street-oriented seats for those types of bikes (i.e. Corbin, Sargeant, etc.), but for a smaller dirt-bike, you can't beat James' seats IMHO.

YMMV.

dc
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #2152
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscofever View Post
You know, I read everyone's reviews of the seat concepts vs EE. I heard good and bad about the EE and only good about the seat concepts. I decided to go with the seat concepts after about 2 weeks of deliberating.

Well, this may be the first bad review of the seat concepts, I was thoroughly disappointed in it. It's hard and uncomfortable. My best seat of all time was on my DR350, plush and comfy. Maybe my expectations were too high because of what everyone had talked about with the seat, but I don't like it.
I had a similar experience... Foam hard and just bad. A quick call to Seat Concepts had new foam and a new cover on it's way, no charge. MUCH better, wider and very comfy!

GREAT service as well!

Bought an XPC, and it's nice, but and a BIG but... Nothing is as comfy as the Renazco that I settled on!!!

Wattner screwed with this post 09-28-2011 at 05:55 AM
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 AM   #2153
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
I am still going through my new to me 530 and noticed it has a 14 / 48 sprocket set-up on it. Don't really know if that is good or bad. Just know it is not stock. I am also going to be looking for some exhaust shielding. I almost burnt the piss out of myself last night reaching for the kicker. Wow! that thing is close.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #2154
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Ned,
Not to be a PITA, would you mind taking a picture on the pipe side of the rollie setup?? And what size bags are you showing in that pic?
Small bags, and here's the best shot I could find:

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #2155
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post

Oh man! That is a NICE set up.... Thanks Ned!

From the looks of it, you and I will almost have twin bikes once I get everything set up... I'm just sorting out the routing of the fuel lines from the throttle side petcock on the big tank... once I finish that, the last thing I need (for now) is some day luggage...

I am SOO excited man!

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
Old 09-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #2156
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post

I just noticed that boulder behind you guys there!!
What is that?? That is just too cool

I was pretty focused on looking at your setup I guess....

Old 09-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #2157
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

Oddometer: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
Can anyone recommend a set of directions. I keep breaking them, thanks.
Sicass Racing has the LED turn signal thing dialed in. If you get front and rear, get their relay too.
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #2158
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

Oddometer: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinky1982 View Post
Hi Everybody,

First, sorry for my english,

second, when i'm riding at a constent speed, like 85 mph, for more than 20 second, My bike start to knock from everywhere. I feel iT in the whole bike.. I think the problem come from the chain, it slap up and down (I think) may be the problem come from some whre else????? Since I ve this bike I got this on confortable thing on road or on easy gravel road, when the bike his on accellaration it is ok, it's really just happen at constent speed. Please help me, cause I'll finish by sell this beast if I cannot found the problem. I ride 15/50 gearing
I'm guessing that you are experiencing a bounce caused by your wheels being out of balance.

They are out of balance primarily due to the rim locks which hold your tires in place in low pressure conditions of low traction. Rim locks can be removed if you run higher pressure but you loose traction.

There is an inmate on this forum who sells a beautiful wheel weight kit specific to the EXC to fix your problem. He is also on ebay. I have not tried this kit as I rarely ride my bike faster than 110km/h and usually for only a few minutes.

Maybe some other 530 rider can post up the links...
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #2159
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,073
Motion Pro makes some ultra light rim locks. Nice parts, plastic gripper area and very light, cheap too.
Navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #2160
Yardstick
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,872
Yep, Motion Pro LiteLoc + Reusable Spoke Weights (also chick his e-bay store) work great for balancing 530 wheels. I don't do a lot of highway or high speed riding on my 530, but when I have to it's nice and smooth!
Yardstick is online now   Reply With Quote