Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #2866
bikepikespeak.com
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungholio View Post
Installed a TT X2 headlight a while back and for some reason it does not power on/off with the ignition switch. The stock light with the same setup worked fine-on/off with the key switch. I have the Sicass switch for the left side so can turn off the light but have to remember this in daylight and have forgot a few times.

Is the X2 light wired different than the stock one? The X2 has only 3 wires in the socket/connector and stock has 4 but the fourth is for the flasher/parking bulb(I think).

Anyone else have same problem?
Sounds like we have the exact same set-up. Mine does the same as yours. I never really thought much about it though since I bought it used that way... Would be nice if it worked w/ the ignition though! I'd be interested in knowing a solution if you find one.
bikepikespeak.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #2867
ian408
Oh?

Oddometer: 13,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepikespeak.com View Post
Sounds like we have the exact same set-up. Mine does the same as yours. I never really thought much about it though since I bought it used that way... Would be nice if it worked w/ the ignition though! I'd be interested in knowing a solution if you find one.
Is the headlight switch installed as well?
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #2868
Bob599
Bob599

Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailjammer View Post
I run the Seat Concepts Standard height seat. I love it. My first ride on it, the seat was pretty stiff and I was sore. My 2nd long trip (400mi weekend), I was able to sit down a lot on the flat sections and be comfy. Great seat for the money when not going with a Renz. I'm sure i'll get a Renz someday.
Thanks for the input. Yeah I will probably shell out the money for the Renazco later this year but for now this will work.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #2869
bikepikespeak.com
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Yeah. I have the stator, sicass switch and same headlight.
bikepikespeak.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #2870
windyhill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailjammer View Post
Hi Everyone,
I made some heat shields for my '08 KTM 530 and thought I'd make some more since I like the way they turned out. What do you guys think? Natural finish or powder coated. See the pic below of some of the options. I'm also making a curved model with no body line bend in it. Sorry for the poor pics.

Looks great!, Better than the EE one imo.
windyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #2871
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusgatos View Post
Dunno how long ago you bought those parts, but TT is switching over to a new reg/rec that has a relay built-in and it shuts the lights off a few seconds after the engine stops. You can actually adjust how long afterwards by turning a little flathead screw. Might have something to do with that. Or you might have fumbled the install?
It's possible I got one of the older units. I just bought it after christmas but don't recall them mentioning a different unit. Nothing in the instructions talked about adjusting a relay. Went back over the install and it seems to be correct. The brake light tail light and headlight all work with the ignition off. Turn signals do not, must have ignition on.

I like having the off/low/high beam switch because I like to turn off the headlight when riding trails. Must be something not correct about the regulator. I inquired at TT via email but have not gotten a response yet. Seems like if the regulator has a relay then it must be defective.

Edit: I just looked at TT website and the regulator they show now is different than the one I have. Picture clearly shows an adjustment screw on the unit.

Bungholio screwed with this post 03-14-2012 at 11:48 PM
Bungholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #2872
trailjammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by windyhill View Post
Looks great!, Better than the EE one imo.
Thanks windyhill! It'll fit many other years too.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #2873
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Easton 1 3/8 bars

Damn I wish I could justify getting a set of these. Great prices but will not fit my HDB handguard setup.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #2874
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

Oddometer: 772
One mod at a time!

Quote:
I have a 2009 530EXC. Only thing I can figure out is the TT reg/rectifier passes power through to the light circuit. I installed a TT stator same time as the X2. Maybe it is bad? Does the stock regulator have a relay built in? I could add a relay myself but that is one more device behind the headlight. From the schematic it looks like the regulator is powered from the starter relay via a pass thru and thus must energize the lighting circuit independent of the ignition switch. This is a full DC system now, not an AC stator.

Good thing I have the on/off lighting switch. I plugged in the stock handlebar switch and the light is on immediately with the key off.
This might well serve as my signature but I command all of you to adhere to this:

One modification at a time!

I installed the TT X2 light and realized that by ordering the Off-road model, it would not be plug and play on the EXC due to tthe blinkers...but I don't hink that is your problem...although I can't tell.

But I do recall when I later installed the stator, that the light came on differently.

My 09 530 EXC is in pieces at the moment so i can't verify what it does now...

Sorry, I can't be more help... call TT
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #2875
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

Oddometer: 772
Renthal Twinwall

Quote:
Damn I wish I could justify getting a set of these. Great prices but will not fit my HDB handguard setup.
I have been looking at Renthal Twinwall as a replacement and can't seem to figure out how I will install some of the extra switches my EXC has: mapping switch, sicass hi/lo/hon blinker, start button and emergency off switch...not to mention different hanndguards...
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #2876
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
This might well serve as my signature but I command all of you to adhere to this:

One modification at a time!

I installed the TT X2 light and realized that by ordering the Off-road model, it would not be plug and play on the EXC due to tthe blinkers...but I don't hink that is your problem...although I can't tell.

But I do recall when I later installed the stator, that the light came on differently.

My 09 530 EXC is in pieces at the moment so i can't verify what it does now...

Sorry, I can't be more help... call TT
I got the off road model as well and it was plug and play. It was the KTM specific model. I'm sure it has to do with the stator/regulator. Not really a problem just an inconvenience.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #2877
windyhill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Well, just took the plunge and ordered the seat concepts foam & cover. I was trying to get used to the stock seat, but it was becoming a real pain in the but! A little pricey compared to the EE soft, I hope it's worth it.
windyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #2878
Nytro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by windyhill View Post
Well, just took the plunge and ordered the seat concepts foam & cover. I was trying to get used to the stock seat, but it was becoming a real pain in the but! A little pricey compared to the EE soft, I hope it's worth it.
Night and day difference compared to stock. I was ready to throw the whole bike in a ditch after a short ride because of the stock torture device.
The Seat Concepts transformed it! Very worth it in my opinion.
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #2879
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Biggest and bestest

What mod have you done that has been the biggest bang for the buck in your mind.

I'll start... So far the de-smog and re-jet on my 08' has been the best mod so far.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #2880
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I got the off road model as well and it was plug and play. It was the KTM specific model. I'm sure it has to do with the stator/regulator. Not really a problem just an inconvenience.
Quote:
I have a 2009 530EXC. Only thing I can figure out is the TT reg/rectifier passes power through to the light circuit. I installed a TT stator same time as the X2. Maybe it is bad? Does the stock regulator have a relay built in? I could add a relay myself but that is one more device behind the headlight. From the schematic it looks like the regulator is powered from the starter relay via a pass thru and thus must energize the lighting circuit independent of the ignition switch. This is a full DC system now, not an AC stator.

Good thing I have the on/off lighting switch. I plugged in the stock handlebar switch and the light is on immediately with the key off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I have the stator kit as well but haven't installed it. If I remember correctly, the instructions talk about the headlight but I'd expect it would work the same. At least, I hope it does
I think I have this sorted out.

Called TT today and it appears I got the wrong stator kit. For future reference if anyone is going to get the stator kit for the 2008-2011 530EXC "with key switch", the correct part number is S-8313. Do not order the S-8310 kit (if you want the power to the light circuit to be energized only when the key is on).
The difference is a jumper wire that is installed between the stator and the headlight.

On the TT website, order the part for the EXC-R/Champions Edition/Racing etc.
Strange but I thought all 450/530EXC models from 2008-2011 came with key switches. Maybe different in countries other than USA.

Bungholio screwed with this post 03-16-2012 at 02:45 PM