User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #3166
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
Fuel Transfer

So, correct me if I am wrong, but my new Clockwork tank has fuel in the left side and the right side is now to the reserve level. How do you get the fuel over there? I am guessing tipping the bike that way. Seems simple enough.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #3167
silverboy
Bunny

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav72 View Post
No, I'm talking about the one underneath for the engine oil.
Something is wrong with the KTM microfiche. It shows a sideways plug for my 09 as well. I just ordered a new one that was stripped from cylclehutt, it took 2 months. I talked to them on the phone and they had part number.

Good luck

Steve Mcqueen
silverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #3168
KTM Explorer
Dirt Whore

Oddometer: 194
Just ordered up Hodakaguy's TAP (twist a plate) - will prevent plate cookage from muffler AND kidking the damn plate when getting on. SUPER SLICK!
KTM Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #3169
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverboy View Post
Something is wrong with the KTM microfiche. It shows a sideways plug for my 09 as well. I just ordered a new one that was stripped from cylclehutt, it took 2 months. I talked to them on the phone and they had part number.

Good luck
OK, well I ordered that bolt with the part number bigborefan mentioned in the earlier post. Hope it gets here in a decent time and fits. If not, I'll have to order that after market aluminum magnetic $30+ dollar bolt. Which must be one of the most expensive bolts I've ever see on a bike.
onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #3170
trailjammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Looked good while they lasted...about one season....

Yeh, the OEM tank pad stickers are 'cheaper' and will work on the Clockworks tanks fine, but I'm currently using Tech-Spec. It's more expensive, but you can buy a sheet and make any size you want. I have over 2K dirt miles on mine and they still look great, no peeling off or tears. heavy duty stuff. techspec-usa dot com
Old 04-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #3171
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 888
I had a bit of an oil leaking problem during my last hare scramble. I went down a couple of times and the bike was on its side while running. I'm guessing the oil you see in these pics came out of this hose highlighted in red and sprayed all over the place. Is that possible? I can't find anywhere else that is leaking. What is this hose supposed to be plugged into? It was already like this when I bought it from the previous owner. It just doesn't seem right to me. All of the other emissions stuff is gone.

highlighted in red

down through the swing arm

Out next to the catch tank. Which is disconnected while I try to clean up this mess
onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #3172
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,186
Just picked up my brothers bike from the dealer after 7-8 months. It's popping like crazy! I'm sure they never put an gas treatment in it over the winter. It was stolen and flipped before it went to dealer, but before that it ran great! I hope some sea foam will fix it. The insert in the FMF is missing, would that make it run lean! The skid plate is missing too. How much will that cost? 2011 exc 530...

Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #3173
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

is this normal or missing a hose? It's next to the battery.

Life is good!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #3174
JTOP
Tree Top Flyer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
is this normal or missing a hose? It's next to the battery.

Life is good!
That canister is part of your smog equipment. Most people remove the canister when they desmog the bike. I'm guessing someone desmogged the bike (your brother or who ever stole it?). The skid plate will run $80 to $200 depending on what you're looking for. Search this thread for skid plates- there are plenty of options. Glad your bike was found.
JTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #3175
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTOP View Post
That canister is part of your smog equipment. Most people remove the canister when they desmog the bike. I'm guessing someone desmogged the bike (your brother or who ever stole it?). The skid plate will run $80 to $200 depending on what you're looking for. Search this thread for skid plates- there are plenty of options. Glad your bike was found.
Thanks, whoever stole it got hurt on it and took it out on the bike. It took over $3000 to fix it. Kinda wish they didn't find it, but it's fixed and running great. I hope my brother gets his act together and can come get it soon!

Life is good!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #3176
windyhill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Any updates from Wossner piston users? Hours? Oil use? Power? Thanks.
windyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #3177
Enecosse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav72 View Post
I had a bit of an oil leaking problem during my last hare scramble. I went down a couple of times and the bike was on its side while running. I'm guessing the oil you see in these pics came out of this hose highlighted in red and sprayed all over the place. Is that possible? I can't find anywhere else that is leaking. What is this hose supposed to be plugged into? It was already like this when I bought it from the previous owner. It just doesn't seem right to me. All of the other emissions stuff is gone.

highlighted in red

down through the swing arm

Out next to the catch tank. Which is disconnected while I try to clean up this mess
The hose that goes overboard by your swinging arm should be plugged in upstream of your carb. From the photo showing your throttle cables it looks like the carb has been plugged with a 10-13mm bolt.
Enecosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #3178
Fulano
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enecosse View Post
The hose that goes overboard by your swinging arm should be plugged in upstream of your carb. From the photo showing your throttle cables it looks like the carb has been plugged with a 10-13mm bolt.
Mines the same but I cannot find a metric threaded hose bib to plug the hose into so I just bought a one way filter and stuck it on the end. Keeps the dust out.

All I need are loose shoes, tight pussy and a warm place to shit.
Fulano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #3179
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLdog View Post
How do you stop?
On the 530 I turned the clutch lever/reservoir into the left hand rear brake.
I removed the rear brake pedal and I don't run a clutch lever.

For my 300 I bought the entire LHRB assembly from Rekluse, I should have just bought the brake line and used the clutch lever/reservoir for the brake.

I did the 300 first, then I did the 530.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #3180
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by windyhill View Post
Any updates from Wossner piston users? Hours? Oil use? Power? Thanks.
Have put a few thousand miles on my 450 with a Wossner piston and it doesn't seem to burn any oil between oil changes.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote