Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #3241
Johnktm
Cannuks

Oddometer: 5
Ill look at the JD fuel screw thanks. What rear tires are you guys running, I'm changing mine soon.
Johnktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #3242
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnktm View Post
Ill look at the JD fuel screw thanks. What rear tires are you guys running, I'm changing mine soon.
Pretty much any bike shop that sells dirt bikes will have fuel screws in stock, since (until this recent advent of FI), they pretty much all use an FCR carb. Mine is a Motion Pro, and since it was installed and set, I have only had to reach under and give it a 1/4 turn once. Set and forget in my case.

Your bike still has the smog stuff installed? I would be surprised since it already has an Akrapovic pipe, and that would cause such a lean situation over the barely running smog set-up, that it wouldn't run at all. I have a JD jet kit, and it has also been supplemented to do a second bike with FCR jets found at the local bike shop.

As far as tires go, get ready to hear a pile of choices, since they are dependent on riding conditions and preference. I have a Bridgestone 403 front/ Maxxis Desert IT rear, and a rear Bridgestone 404 rear waiting on the rack. Seem to be fine.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #3243
Johnktm
Cannuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod View Post
Pretty much any bike shop that sells dirt bikes will have fuel screws in stock, since (until this recent advent of FI), they pretty much all use an FCR carb. Mine is a Motion Pro, and since it was installed and set, I have only had to reach under and give it a 1/4 turn once. Set and forget in my case.

Your bike still has the smog stuff installed? I would be surprised since it already has an Akrapovic pipe, and that would cause such a lean situation over the barely running smog set-up, that it wouldn't run at all. I have a JD jet kit, and it has also been supplemented to do a second bike with FCR jets found at the local bike shop.

As far as tires go, get ready to hear a pile of choices, since they are dependent on riding conditions and preference. I have a Bridgestone 403 front/ Maxxis Desert IT rear, and a rear Bridgestone 404 rear waiting on the rack. Seem to be fine.

Its running. but not really good. Ive ordered the JD jet kit and Works connection fuel screw. got these 4 parts ordered from ktm today

0603061001 CU-SEAL RING DIN7603-6X10X1
0025060086 HH COLLAR SCREW M6X8 TX30
0603100141 COPPER GASKET DIN7603-10X14X1
0910100003 PLUG DIN0910-M 10X1

That should cover the de-smog.

Should I look into other mods?

I'm thinking about a 50/50 tire because I will do lots of road riding. was thinking of this one
Pirelli MT 21 Rallycross

How are the ones you suggested for 50/50 usage?
Cheers!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #3244
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,482
I like the Pirelli MT 21s myself. They are not gr8 in the mud, but they work pretty good IMO.

I also like the MAXXIS IT. I am running those right now and they are wearing pretty good. Again, not a gr8 mud tire.

I want to test the Michelin S12 and the MAXXIS ENs. The ENs are a little pricy though.

You might just have to experiment and see what works for you in your area.

The biggest change I made to mine was jetting. But mine is a XC-W so it was not all smogged up to begin with.

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #3245
Johnktm
Cannuks

Did all the De-smog today, was wondering what you guys did with the hose you add that will run to the swingarm? Ive heard some dirt can get in or something?! Seen a vid on youtube of a guy drilling a hole in the catch can and running the hose to it. Just looking for some insight on this. Besides that still waiting on the jd jet kit and some oil & filter. Cant wait to frigging ride the thing Still not sure on the tire ill put on but no stress ill figure it out. cheers
Old 05-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #3246
VOLdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
did u do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnktm View Post
Did all the De-smog today, was wondering what you guys did with the hose you add that will run to the swingarm? Ive heard some dirt can get in or something?! Seen a vid on youtube of a guy drilling a hole in the catch can and running the hose to it. Just looking for some insight on this. Besides that still waiting on the jd jet kit and some oil & filter. Cant wait to frigging ride the thing Still not sure on the tire ill put on but no stress ill figure it out. cheers

i missed prev post regarding your exhaust, was going to suggest the factory exh mod.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1BxQIRC71k

VOLdog screwed with this post 05-12-2012 at 08:47 PM
VOLdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #3247
VOLdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
ride it

i working and cant ride soo i feel your pain
VOLdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #3248
Bob P
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Here's One I made Earlier.......

Still playing, but it's getting there....

KTM 530 exc 2011

ASC F3 Folding Levers
Force Radiator Guards
Force Case Saver
Twin Air Filter Skin
Akrapovic Silencer
Samco thermostat bypass silicone race hose kit with stainless steel clamps
Evans NPG+C Waterless High Performance Coolant
Enduro Engineering Billet Rear Disc Guard
Ultimate Add Ons iPhone Case and Charger
Kriega US 5 Tail Pack fixed to rear mudguard
Relocated rear indicators
Junked rear number plate holder/mudguard extension
Relocated horn behind headlight
Tyre Slime

One the Shortly to be Done List....
Jetting
Alloy Sump guard
Upgraded Clutch Cover

Thread won't let me upload a pic though...
Bob P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #3249
Johnktm
Cannuks

What you guys think about this setup? Still trying to figure out the best way to route this. To run a filter with it or not.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #3250
Deseret Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
breather setup?

Johnktm------why not just run the end of that hose back hi into your airbox---with, or without, a filter. i'm trying to think of why that would not be a good idea---as I think that's the way I done mine.
Deseret Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #3251
fencing5051
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40

? does any one know if the screan of a690r will fit the front of 530exc have also seen ignition key kit to fit will it plug into aus wiring loom
just about to by a clean 09 model to set up 4 adv riding ,down sizing from 990 any tips i needto know
ps great foram with lots of opinions
fencing5051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #3252
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
@JohnKTM,

I ran that hose into my airbox via the appropriate hose fitting. I removed the air filter and drilled a hole in the box about an inch above the lowest point in the box. Then inserted the brass hose fitting and used a washer and nut to tighten it down to the body og the airbox. Then connected the breather line using a hose clamp. Pretty simple mod really.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #3253
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
Floppy tail?

So I removed the stock tail section with the tail light assembly and plat holder and replaced it with the Sicass LED setup. It has made the tail section must more tidy and does not get caught in the rear tire. The problem is that it is really floppy. Any suggestions on making the rear fender more rigid? I've tried talking suggestively to it and rubbing on it with Plexus and nothing.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #3254
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny View Post
So I removed the stock tail section with the tail light assembly and plat holder and replaced it with the Sicass LED setup. It has made the tail section must more tidy and does not get caught in the rear tire. The problem is that it is really floppy. Any suggestions on making the rear fender more rigid? I've tried talking suggestively to it and rubbing on it with Plexus and nothing.

The Euro plate holder is really the best option. It has all the support the stock one has. Here is a post from Hacknslash's thread where he installs a very similar XC-W tail with an LED light. You could just buy the XC-W part and try and get the sicass light to work with it
The sicass is a very multi-fit pice. You think it is floppy on a KTM, you should see it on a Husaberg.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #3255
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,454
I have a Wolfman Enduro tailpack on my rear fender.

I drilled through the KTM fender and the Sicass inner fender to mount the Wolfman.

No more floppy.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote