Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #3256
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
I looked for the XC-W tail part and could not find it yesterday. Does anyone have a part number for just the tail? I have the lighting.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #3257
empedrado
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
I have the whole set up I would be willing to part with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny View Post
I looked for the XC-W tail part and could not find it yesterday. Does anyone have a part number for just the tail? I have the lighting.
empedrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #3258
S H I F T Y
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
I have a Wolfman Enduro tailpack on my rear fender.

I drilled through the KTM fender and the Sicass inner fender to mount the Wolfman.

No more floppy.

At some point I bottomed out so hard that I cracked the sicass inner fender. I put six rivets in it and it is holding strong. I run a Giant Loop Mojavi so there is more strain on the fender, but it seems to be working just fine. I am mounting up a PMB Rack-It this week, so that should alleviate some of the fender weight.
S H I F T Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #3259
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Iridium or not?

So the 530 comes with an Iridium spark plug and I used it for quite some time. I changed to a standard plug sometime last year and have been happily riding since. Today I checked the valve clearances and decided to put in a new Iridium plug just because I had it laying around. I checked the gap and it was correct. When trying to start the bike it doesn't fire, just keeps turning over. With the standard plug it was firing after 2 revolutions. After trying about 4-5 times to start with the e-button, I use the kicker with the e-button and it fires right up. Rode up the street and back a couple of times and parked it, tried starting again and it fired off just great. Ran a few other errands and went to leave for work a few hours later and again it would not start-like it has no fire. Employed the kicker again and fires right up and idles. The only thing that is different is the spark plug. The battery is good and engine was turning over plenty fast.

Has anyone else had issues with IR plugs and starting? I just finished a 5 day ride where I was riding 10 hours minimum per day with many start and stops and the bike fired everytime, even after setting over night it would fire up without issue; using a standard NGK plug. And now the iridium acts like it doesn't want to fire. Go figure.

How many people are not using Iridium? And is price the only factor?
Bungholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #3260
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungholio View Post
So the 530 comes with an Iridium spark plug and I used it for quite some time. I changed to a standard plug sometime last year and have been happily riding since. Today I checked the valve clearances and decided to put in a new Iridium plug just because I had it laying around. I checked the gap and it was correct. When trying to start the bike it doesn't fire, just keeps turning over. With the standard plug it was firing after 2 revolutions. After trying about 4-5 times to start with the e-button, I use the kicker with the e-button and it fires right up. Rode up the street and back a couple of times and parked it, tried starting again and it fired off just great. Ran a few other errands and went to leave for work a few hours later and again it would not start-like it has no fire. Employed the kicker again and fires right up and idles. The only thing that is different is the spark plug. The battery is good and engine was turning over plenty fast.

Has anyone else had issues with IR plugs and starting? I just finished a 5 day ride where I was riding 10 hours minimum per day with many start and stops and the bike fired everytime, even after setting over night it would fire up without issue; using a standard NGK plug. And now the iridium acts like it doesn't want to fire. Go figure.

I have an Iridium in my 610 and it starts up fine! I just put a new Iridium in the 530 with no change either, but this 530 always needs a kick if you don't get it to fire the 1st or 2nd try

Life is good!
1 lunger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #3261
Enecosse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Anyone tried these http://shop.loudmouthmx.com/KTM-KITS-KTM-1.htm

I do most of my riding in deep sand, I use the dust filter and sand filter on top of the regular filter. It works well but is a pain as the filter comes off after most rides, (clean the bike and de-sand the sand filter). Have taken to vacuuming the filter in situ and using cling film over the filter when I wash the bike, but regardless all that grease is what bugs me and it is a bit fiddly making sure you have a good seal.

By deep sand I mean this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIVjm...feature=colike credits are at the end.

Enecosse screwed with this post 05-18-2012 at 12:27 PM
Enecosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #3262
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by fencing5051 View Post
? does any one know if the screan of a690r will fit the front of 530exc have also seen ignition key kit to fit will it plug into aus wiring loom
just about to by a clean 09 model to set up 4 adv riding ,down sizing from 990 any tips i needto know
ps great foram with lots of opinions

I don't that screen would work out very well.

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #3263
dirtdiver
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,984
axle issue

Gents,
I went to day to remove my back tire. I had to beat the axel out of the wheel after removing the axe nut. After I got the axel out I noticed that the bushings on each side were gritty to turn and a metallic coating from the inside diameter of the bushing was bubbling off. Like heat or corrosion.

What is going on here? I have not seen this before.

DD
dirtdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #3264
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigborefan View Post
I don't that screen would work out very well.
Here's a fairing for you. Robo-Boogie slapped this together yesterday so he could ride home from college today. Five gallon bucket and zip-ties. Note the support is made from the bucket handle. Maybe some competition for the rally moto kit...

jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #3265
Deseret Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungholio View Post

Bungholio---------It might be that your 'torque limiter'' is slipping when you use the magic button? Somewhere on this forum Hodaka guy has written something about how he 'fixed' that problem. It worked for me---and I was having the same symtoms that you describe. Try a 'search' on Torque limiter and see what comes up-----or maybe Hodaka guy will call in with the link ?-----
Deseret Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #3266
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseret Rider View Post
Bungholio---------It might be that your 'torque limiter'' is slipping when you use the magic button? Somewhere on this forum Hodaka guy has written something about how he 'fixed' that problem. It worked for me---and I was having the same symtoms that you describe. Try a 'search' on Torque limiter and see what comes up-----or maybe Hodaka guy will call in with the link ?-----

Yep did that along with the oil pump gear replacement. It has been starting fine since then until I put in the new plug. Put the standard plug back in today, will see how it does.
Bungholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #3267
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Rear License plate carrier

Does anyone know what this part looks like. Part # 78008016000. I am looking for the black part that the euro tail light bolts to to replace the Sicass part that does not supply enough rigidity to the rear fender. I have not been able to find a pic of it on any of the KTM Parts sites. I will look at the Bike-Bandit site next. Just looking for some clarification before I pull the trigger on the purchase. I can find plenty of pics on the complete kit.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #3268
S H I F T Y
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny View Post
Does anyone know what this part looks like. Part # 78008016000. I am looking for the black part that the euro tail light bolts to to replace the Sicass part that does not supply enough rigidity to the rear fender. I have not been able to find a pic of it on any of the KTM Parts sites. I will look at the Bike-Bandit site next. Just looking for some clarification before I pull the trigger on the purchase. I can find plenty of pics on the complete kit.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...27969&page=152
S H I F T Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #3269
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch DeBeer View Post
Page number links don't work very well since users can select different numbers of posts per page...

Do you have a post number?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #3270
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
Page number links don't work very well since users can select different numbers of posts per page...

Do you have a post number?
Here is the post. Actually, if you just enter KTM part numbers into Google, you'll find the parts you are looking for. (not being a smart-ass, just showing that it works).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
I had the Euro light (comes stock here...) and prefer the one sold by PW Garfield, as it's just as small but has a license plate light built in, which is a legal requirement in many countries:

It's about the same price if not cheaper than the KTM kit, too.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639592