Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #3556
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Yeah, a lot of guys had this problem.
the best solution I'm aware of is this: http://www.ktm-parts.com/78014040044.html

I pop riveted on an Acerbis X-LED taillight mount/license plate holder. so far so good,its a minimalist little thing but just holds my plate and some tiny turn signals. I think Acerbis came out with them pretty recently,online their about 40.00. I also used some BIG pop rivets to put an Acerbis fender stiffener underneath to slow down the fender flapping at supersonic speeds. I would post a pic but even though I signed up for smugmug it still says, YOU MAY NOT POST ATTACHMENTS, at the bottom of the page. I'll have to look into it.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #3557
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Yeah, a lot of guys had this problem.
the best solution I'm aware of is this: http://www.ktm-parts.com/78014040044.html

Yup. I just installed mine last night with the Sicass flush mount turn signals. Perfect fit for both the tail light and the turn signals and both had the OEM connectors so they were just plug n' go! Only had to drill two small holes in the tail piece for the turnsignals. (Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture.)

"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112

YetiGS screwed with this post 09-21-2012 at 03:02 PM Reason: Holy shit HUGE picture!! Sorry.
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #3558
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
I pop riveted on an Acerbis X-LED taillight mount/license plate holder. so far so good,its a minimalist little thing but just holds my plate and some tiny turn signals. I think Acerbis came out with them pretty recently,online their about 40.00. I also used some BIG pop rivets to put an Acerbis fender stiffener underneath to slow down the fender flapping at supersonic speeds. I would post a pic but even though I signed up for smugmug it still says, YOU MAY NOT POST ATTACHMENTS, at the bottom of the page. I'll have to look into it.

Sent you a pm. Hope you get the photo thing sorted out.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #3559
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,904
My humble contribution. I managed to ride it for 13 kms before I fell and sprained my foot pretty good when I failed a rocky hill climb. I'm not proud of the video, but here it is. Ignore the crying at the end. I hooked my foot, and couldn't bail before I went down with the ship. Boo. Sad really. That's some pitiful riding.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #3560
blake716
nine toes

Oddometer: 11,410
Does anyone have a stock headlight they want to sell?
Old 09-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #3561
MrEndo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Looking for a horn short..

After installing a tripmaster switch and GPR V4, my horn started beeping while turning from lock left towards center, can't get it to do it by shaking the wires and thought I'd call upon the greater wisdom... I know I must have pinched or pulled something. My next step is to disconnect the tripmaster as I continue to poke, prod and pinch wires. Aging eyesight is not helping. I sure like this bike so far!
2006 950 Adv S/2002 640 Adv/1970 Yamaha RT1
MrEndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #3562
ian408
Oh?

Oddometer: 14,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Yup. I just installed mine last night with the Sicass flush mount turn signals. Perfect fit for both the tail light and the turn signals and both had the OEM connectors so they were just plug n' go! Only had to drill two small holes in the tail piece for the turnsignals. (Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture.)
I went with the KTM Euro fender, Sicass signals and Hodakaguy's Twist-a-Plate. The Twist-a-Plate lets you run the plate vertical for off-road and horizontal to stay legal. It's drilled for the Euro fender.
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #3563
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I went with the KTM Euro fender, Sicass signals and Hodakaguy's Twist-a-Plate. The Twist-a-Plate lets you run the plate vertical for off-road and horizontal to stay legal. It's drilled for the Euro fender.
I trimmed my lic plate down to a mere shadow of it's former self,then glued/pop riveted it with 3-M to a thin but tough piece of black plastic. Ive tried to make the rear end of the bike as small as possible.
It only does short trips on pavement and even then its usually out in the middle of B.F. Egypt.
A full size plate is just begging to be ripped and torn during extra curricular crashing through trees and large rock outcroppings.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #3564
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEndo View Post
After installing a tripmaster switch and GPR V4, my horn started beeping while turning from lock left towards center, can't get it to do it by shaking the wires and thought I'd call upon the greater wisdom... I know I must have pinched or pulled something. My next step is to disconnect the tripmaster as I continue to poke, prod and pinch wires. Aging eyesight is not helping. I sure like this bike so far!
Some wires must be zip-tied too tight and are pulling when the forks go side to side,Im so used to wearing reading glasses when doing close work,its the only way to tell for sure whats going on for me.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #3565
MrEndo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Quote:
Some wires must be zip-tied too tight and are pulling when the forks go side to side,Im so used to wearing reading glasses when doing close work,its the only way to tell for sure whats going on for me.
Well I got to the bottom of it. Clamp and allen that hold the GPR post to the steering neck were rubbing on the wires. The kit provided a spacer and bolts to move the speedo and wiring bracket forward so I repaired the wires and installed the spacers and all is well.
2006 950 Adv S/2002 640 Adv/1970 Yamaha RT1
MrEndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #3566
ian408
Oh?

Quote:
I trimmed my lic plate down to a mere shadow of it's former self,then glued/pop riveted it with 3-M to a thin but tough piece of black plastic. Ive tried to make the rear end of the bike as small as possible.
It only does short trips on pavement and even then its usually out in the middle of B.F. Egypt.
A full size plate is just begging to be ripped and torn during extra curricular crashing through trees and large rock outcroppings.
This is a great idea too.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #3567
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
This is a great idea too.
I typically color photocopy at 7/8th size or so, and laminate. However, holes mean it's not waterproof, so the colors run, and then you have interesting conversations from time to time. The twist-a-plate would solve that.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #3568
ian408
Oh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
I typically color photocopy at 7/8th size or so, and laminate. However, holes mean it's not waterproof, so the colors run, and then you have interesting conversations from time to time. The twist-a-plate would solve that.
My only issue with laminating is whether or not it's legal. You can carry a facsimile of your registration but I thought the plate had to be the real thing (with stickers that match the registration). I could see keeping a copy of the plate in the off chance you lost it along the trail somewhere-but I'd at least want to start with the original

The Twist-a-plate (for me) solves the problem nicely. And it's simple too.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #3569
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,356
Run my license plate without any kind of backing plate and am pretty content to just let it get mangled. On the rare occasion that I get pulled over, only takes a second to straighten it out.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #3570
Foot dragger
singletracker

I was out today on the 530,some pavemento to get to a dirt road,then a really rocky dirt road,then some neat fast sliding dirtroads,530 feels like a smooth half mile bike doing the long slides.
Then some A singletrack,all decomposed granite in the Sierra Nevadas. Vertical steps,deep silt,bitchin big granite stuff.
I wouldnt fool with the suspension on the 2011,it is just smooth and sucks everything up,for my 180 lbs its pretty close on the springs. With just jetting and the Q4 muffler it wheelies at will when ever the mood strikes.
Rode home in the dark,had a blast! I didnt think it would work that good on tight singletrack,but it does.