Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #4096
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod View Post
I had a Renazco on my 640, and I found wider/ flatter/ harder works better than the super soft torturous seat the 640 had originally. I didn't put any kind of seat on my 525 exc, but there were times I'd wished I had.

Going solo to Utah will have me riding easier stuff than I would with a friend. Sovereign, WRT, Whitewash for Mary's trail and Dead Cow, then maybe some riding in the Swell. Orange trail, Waterfall, Behind the Reef, stuff like that. This will be my 4th time, but third on a an exc. The first time I went with the 640. I'm looking forward to it, and since the wife is going to Korea for work, I took some time for myself.
Dang! Id love to be heading to Moab as of right now! I havent really taken my 2011 530 on a serious go play trip yet.

By the way,your SC seat looks eggzacktly like mine,I like the suede effect,mine has orange stitching,maybe yours does also.

Ive got a tall/soft Enduro Engineering seat to try also,it fits my 200 or the 530 luckily.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #4097
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post

By the way,your SC seat looks eggzacktly like mine,I like the suede effect,mine has orange stitching,maybe yours does also.
Pffft! It looks nothing like yours. Yes, orange sticking. I reversed the grey/ black so the black would flow with the shrouds on the tank. Orange you glad I didn't copy you?

Yours

Mine. Nothing like yours at all

Actually, I didn't entirely. My 640 seat started life as a grey/ black suede seat on a white KTM 640 Adv prior to my picking it up used , but became tan/ brown. I thought it looked pretty darn good.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #4098
ChrisK7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:

Going solo to Utah will have me riding easier stuff than I would with a friend. Sovereign, WRT, Whitewash for Mary's trail and Dead Cow, then maybe some riding in the Swell. Orange trail, Waterfall, Behind the Reef, stuff like that. This will be my 4th time, but third on a an exc. The first time I went with the 640. I'm looking forward to it, and since the wife is going to Korea for work, I took some time for myself.
Where are these trails: "Sovereign, WRT, Whitewash for Mary's trail and Dead Cow, then maybe some riding in the Swell. Orange trail, Waterfall, Behind the Reef, stuff like that?"
I've been to Moab several times and didn't know about them.
Are there any maps or websites that show them?
Thanks for any info.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #4099
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK7 View Post
Where are these trails: "Sovereign, WRT, Whitewash for Mary's trail and Dead Cow, then maybe some riding in the Swell. Orange trail, Waterfall, Behind the Reef, stuff like that?"
Thanks for any info.
http://www.utahmototrails.com/2012/0...ail-white.html

Simple google search on the trail names in Moab yields good results.
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #4100
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK7 View Post
Thanks for any info.
This site has many trails that can be found in the Whitewash Sand dunes OHV area and the San Rafael swell. Many off the trails in that area are accessible from various staging areas in the Temple Mountain Goblin Valley area. White Rim Trail is a big loop around and within Canyonlands National park.

Google site:advrider.com name of trail and you will likely find some pretty good Ride reports of pictures.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #4101
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Pffft! It looks nothing like yours. Yes, orange sticking. I reversed the grey/ black so the black would flow with the shrouds on the tank. Orange you glad I didn't copy you?

Yours

Mine. Nothing like yours at all

Actually, I didn't entirely. My 640 seat started life as a grey/ black suede seat on a white KTM 640 Adv prior to my picking it up used , but became tan/ brown. I thought it looked pretty darn good.

Now that's funny,I was thinking mine was grey on top. I guess I should drag it out of the shed more and quit riding the 200 every weekend.

Im thinking I need a trip to Moab soon,any general idea what days you might be out there?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #4102
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Quote:
Now that's funny,I was thinking mine was grey on top. I guess I should drag it out of the shed more and quit riding the 200 every weekend.

Im thinking I need a trip to Moab soon,any general idea what days you might be out there?
I was being sarcastic. I completely and unabashedly copied yours. I actually sent SC the pics of yours and said 'I want this, but grey/ black reversed".

I am driving all day April 17, and should get there in the morning on the 18th. I don't know how long I'll be in Utah. A week??
Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #4103
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett943 View Post
Hey B-Rod my dad and I are leaving april 18th for moab so we will be there from 19th afternoon until the 24th or 25th if you'd be interested in hooking up for a ride or 2. Likely will hit 7 mile rim, poison spider mesa, top of the world/dome plateau, cameo cliffs and play around sand flats area of course all of that is open to change. Staying at the Ramada also. This will be our 6th time there i believe.
How far is that from Alberta I wonder? Its about 900 miles from Chico to Moab.
Ive been through there on a Mt bike trip but havent had the Motorcycle out there yet.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #4104
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Quote:
How far is that from Alberta I wonder? Its about 900 miles from Chico to Moab.
Ive been through there on a Mt bike trip but havent had the Motorcycle out there yet.
Just over 1000 miles. Usually I factor one solid day on the road, plus 2-3 hours on the second, although I have done it all in one go twice.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #4105
mflora98ss
Dual Sportin'

Oddometer: 390
I just got some new sneakers on my bike. I went with the Michelin T63's. Anybody else run these? Hopefully it quits raining sometime soon so I can so how they do.

mflora98ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #4106
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflora98ss View Post
I just got some new sneakers on my bike. I went with the Michelin T63's. Anybody else run these? Hopefully it quits raining sometime soon so I can so how they do.
I ran one on my old KLR 650, wore down after about 5000kms, fairly soft tire. I run a Dunlop 606 on my 530 now, held up well in Colorado mountains and Moab twice last year. Also lots of miles on back roads. Just put another one on this spring...pretty tough tire, a bitch getting on and off though with the heavy sidewall...for me anyway.
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #4107
resqd1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Sooooo..... Handguards?

Would like some opinions from those of you out there that have had many brands and what your thought on the best ones are.

Need something that is stout and wont bend up to easy. The pair I have on my 426 tend to bend and interefere with the clutch lever after a simple lay down.

What are your thoughts everyone?

I have been looking at Cycra and Fastway
resqd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #4108
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!

Oddometer: 1,062
Seat

I just has fisher seat done for my 530. Super comfy. And just put on some new buttery biscuits also.

photo 701C819C-A6FB-4C20-B48E-2C87D68F5DF7-3070-0000019F9126B800_zps8f337423.jpg
Old 04-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #4109
mflora98ss
Dual Sportin'

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
I ran one on my old KLR 650, wore down after about 5000kms, fairly soft tire. I run a Dunlop 606 on my 530 now, held up well in Colorado mountains and Moab twice last year. Also lots of miles on back roads. Just put another one on this spring...pretty tough tire, a bitch getting on and off though with the heavy sidewall...for me anyway.
It was between the T63 and the 606, but I chose the Michelin because of the price. I found the T63 to be a bitch to spoon on too. Was the 606 more difficult to mount than the T63?
mflora98ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #4110
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflora98ss View Post
It was between the T63 and the 606, but I chose the Michelin because of the price. I found the T63 to be a bitch to spoon on too. Was the 606 more difficult to mount than the T63?
Yep, much harder! Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the T63 on the KLR, never tried it on the 530 but I think if your riding with a heavier load or powering across sharp rocks or on rock all day like Moab, then the T63 would wear much quicker and maybe chunk a bit. When I bought the 530 it had a Pirelli on the rear and one day in Moab destroyed the tire...bought a 606 there because I had tried one on the KLR and no problem. I saw a lot of guys running trials tires in Moab but I found the knobby tires have tons of traction there also! I'd rather be on a knobby tire for single track or backroads anyway...just my preference.
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote