Old 06-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #15016
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydnseek
Most of the ride report is done.. here's a link to it:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589316

That tree was not there when I went up. Someone stuck it out there! What a dirty trick!!
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #15017
edteamslr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Sorry Mate but that was f'ing hilarious! I liked the bit where my download paused with the tree right there in front of you. Your destiny waiting there for you...
edteamslr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #15018
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,448
I think I read it somewhere before but every time I ride my bike it rings true. The WR250R is

"GREATER THAN THE SUM OF IT'S PARTS"

It just works so well in so many situations. I finally got a friend of mine to try it out. I had the SM wheels on it with the Shinko 705's. He said it was the most fun bike he'd ever ridden.
tonymorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #15019
mcwbyu82
WRR'er

Oddometer: 158
A fun wet ride

Went out for a fun ride yesterday. My first adventure ride here in Utah(that reminds me I better change my location in my info). Went with a friend who has a KLR650. We left from his house in Lehi and headed NW to Stagecoach Inn state park before heading south to the backside of the Utah Lake mountains. Cant give much more detail than that cause I was basically playing follow the leader.
It was drizziling from the get go which made for some fun slick mud along the way. In fact it was bad enough at one point that my buddy layed down his KLR for the first time ever. I was right behind him and it was one of those slo mo get offs. Pretty funny actually. In his defense he is 100 times the rider I am but he has some pretty street oriented tires on right now while I was running my 606's. It took everything both of us had to get his bike upright again, not because of the weight but because we couldnt get footing in the mud

Anyway, the WRR ran perfect and I love my new HDB setup. Put the guards to use right away as we decided to ride int he brush several times to avoid the slicker mud.

We cut off the trip much sooner than we had planned as it started pouring. At one point as we were flying back ont he highway it started coming down about as hard as rain can and was blowing like crazy. I was pleasantly suprised with how the 606's held the road in those conditions and how the little bike was able to stay upright in the cross wind.

Cant wait for next weekend!

My buddy trying to clean out the worst of the mud after laying it down.

Nice and dirty!

Sorry for the poor image quality, only had my phone on me.
mcwbyu82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #15020
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwbyu82
You need some smarter friends
Very nice pics. May have to try that route next time I pass through there on the way to Alberta.
Yeah, everyone talks about riding, but when I go, half the time it's solo. I always post up saying I'm going out yet again and will tailor the ride to accommodate anyone (short or long ride, gnarly or "country road cruising" casual). The route I did that day was technically all "road" and not trail. Nothing a midsized to large dual sport couldn't do. This was just a take it easy day seeing the sights. When I get on the gnarlier trails, I tend to speed up and ride hard...and miss the scenery. It's green for too short of a time around here to not slow down and enjoy it when the hills are green and blooming. Soon enough, everything will be dried brown and crunch for the rest of summer...at least on my side of the continental divide. The east side stays a bit greener.
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #15021
Bake
adventurer

Oddometer: 10,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serevince
Can someone please clue me in on installing the B and B skid plate?

It comes with 2 long bolts, 2 short bolts and 2 spacers.

I tried various configurations, but nothing really stood out to me. I went to his site, but he's a master fabricator, not a web master

BTW: I got the master cylinder cover and the skid plate and both are very nice. Good coverage and solid protection.

Thanks

Vince
PM sent, Vince. Thanks for the kind remarks. And yes, I build better parts than websites.

Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #15022
dvwalker
Working to ride

Oddometer: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadx
Decided to run back and forth across the Continental Divide today.
your ride pics also brought back memories of my cdr trip. After crossing Stemple Pass from Lincoln, I headed towards Helena via canyon creek, birdseye. Awesome country and it's in your back yard, slightly jealious. Will never forget how great a bath felt when I over nighted at Boulder Hot Springs. Same thought as 10cup, would love to ride the cdr in reverse (south to north) someday.

Speaking of your back yard (south west of you), have you ever checked out the Wicks tunnel (N46 20.245 W112 07.104)? The Comet ghost town which is right next to Wicks is also pretty cool (N46 18.684 W112 10.094)
dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #15023
Chadx
Off the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwalker
...Will never forget how great a bath felt when I over nighted at Boulder Hot Springs. ... have you ever checked out the Wicks tunnel (N46 20.245 W112 07.104)? The Comet ghost town which is right next to Wicks is also pretty cool (N46 18.684 W112 10.094)
I was in Bolder and Basin last weekend on a 9 hour ride in the Beaverhead National Forest. I've not been to the Wicks tunnel, but plan to sometime. Several friends have gone. Some didn't make it all the way through because they couldn't tell how deep the water was at the far end. It also takes almost all summer for the ice to melt. One season, so the story goes, there was a Ford Explorer stuck in there because the ice was too thick so it got stuck against the top. They had to wait until the ice melted so they could get it out. I hope to make it this fall sometime.

It is, indeed, nice having the Rockies 25 miles away, but since that is "so far away" , I usually go East, rather than west, and do the 12 mile ride to the Big Belt mountains.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #15024
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrider

To everyone that has made this possible, THANKS! Best bike thread here!

Now on with the show...
Been offline since Thursday and missed the big milestone.....Time to read Scotty/Tom/Chad trip reports......and "I" still need to install speedo healer (thanks to all for recent/refresher posts on that too)......
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #15025
SheWolf
Under Your Bed

Oddometer: 629
That's the same one I have. A DRC.

2009 WR250R

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm
SheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #15026
Chadx
Off the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Bill
Which after market tail light is that? Looks great.
Except for the mud slung up all over the seat (and presumably the rider). Ha. That is why I keep the ugly stock setup. Function over form for me.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #15027
mcwbyu82
WRR'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Bill
Which after market tail light is that? Looks great.
Thanks. Actually it isn't the DRC. Its from Baja Designs. Good guess though She Wolf.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #15028
mcwbyu82
WRR'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadx
Except for the mud slung up all over the seat (and presumably the rider). Ha. That is why I keep the ugly stock setup. Function over form for me.
You made me curious so I just went down and took a look at my jacket that I hadn't washed yet from the ride yesterday. The back is actaully pretty clean. I am sure some mud may have been washed away by the down pour we got caught in at the end of the ride but my pants are plenty muddy so that cant explain all of it. I don't really remember feeling any mud sling on my back either.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #15029
SheWolf
Under Your Bed

Oddometer: 629
Looks identical to mine!

Well, before I modded it some more.

2009 WR250R

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm
SheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #15030
dvwalker
Working to ride

Oddometer: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheWolf
Looks identical to mine!

Well, before I modded it some more.
what is that growing on the back of your seat?
dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote