Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #15031
SheWolf
Under Your Bed

Oddometer: 629
No, it's for a KTM actually, it bolted up to the subframe underneath. The duster on the back is a tail/keychain thingy.

2009 WR250R

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm
SheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #15032
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadx
Except for the mud slung up all over the seat (and presumably the rider). Ha. That is why I keep the ugly stock setup. Function over form for me.

We put the DRC tail light kit on mine and had a bit of a problem with slinging mud, so Duke got some kydex and made a mud guard for me. It works great!

You can sort of see it in this pic.

Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #15033
CopaMundial
Wow, that broke easy

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug
We put the DRC tail light kit on mine and had a bit of a problem with slinging mud, so Duke got some kydex and made a mud guard for me. It works great!
That mud guard isn't for you.
It's for him. He was sick of eating your roost while trying to catch up to you on your wonderbike.

CopaMundial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #15034
2Wheelz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Custom Corbin seat review

Hey Chadx,

I thought I'd post these answers to you from your email request to the forum so others may learn about the custom Corbin seat I've been riding on my WR250R and benefit from my impressions of this fine manufacturers motorcycle seat product.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1276512768

I like the seat a lot better than the standard OEM seat, but I had them add 3/4 of an inch more padding material to their regular seat design for the WR250R, as I didn't think it padded enough for my needs when the first seat had an alignment issue with one of the bolts, so I had them add it when I sent it back to get that alignment problem sorted out. Now in defense of Corbin, I got one of their first seats for this motorcycle in the middle of the summer last year when they first came out. Corbin was cool to just let me ride that seat until after the fall (as our season here in Duluth, MN is a lot shorter than some places) and then I could send it back. If memory serves, it was $379 + shipping for the original seat. Corbin was very gracious and charged me nothing for the repair, shipping both ways and addition of more padding material. They were great in terms of customer service on this problem and I'd recommend them to anyone to get the right seat for your needs. Now I can ride a lot further without getting ass burn which is why I bought it in the first place of course. Kudos to Corbin!

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1276510736

As you can see it's got the standard Asphalt Vinyl material that Corbin uses and with the additional material you don't slide and bunch up your pants material in your crotch like you mention with the OEM seat and I wear Aerostich Darien pants when I ride which is fairly slippery stuff. I think it may be a bit more than the stock seat in terms of grip or friction. It also may depend on how aggressive one rides too.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1276511143

Now it's at the limit of my comfort level in terms of putting my feet down and I may have to get a Yamalink lowering link, but it did

solve the comfort thing I wanted in the first place. BTW, I'm 5'11" tall and wear a 30" inseam pant. I'm really pleased with the results. Now I have to mention that I am nowhere near the skill levels off-road that you and others in the forum appear to be and my needs are more for cruising on the highway and back roads to get to the trails and then riding them carefully for my photography hobby, so a lot of my off-road riding is on easier dirt roads and fire and logging trails. I do take it on some nasty single track occasionally and the bike does fine but I'm not that aggressive of a rider anymore and you also have to know that I'm 55 years old and tend to ride pretty conservatively. What's great about the WR250R is that it is a true dual sports bike for older riders like myself that just want to get out and ride and occasionally tackle the tough trails. Not everyone wants to be roosting dirt and ripping up gnarly trails all the time. Some of us just want to get out and take our time and enjoy nature and this bike at a different pace. Some of us also want to see how far a gallon of gas can go on our bikes too in here. It's all good. By the way, I'm getting an average of 60.65 miles per gallon on my WR250R for combined riding and my bike is fully stock in terms of the air box, pipe and exhaust and I've had it up to 94 mph (indicated) so it's probably 84 mph actual on Interstate 35 up here.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1276511333

You can see in this shot that the slope is not as pronounced as the stock seat or the Corbin standard seat for the WR250R in the above photo and the overall thickness nearest to the tank which is your concern. The regular Corbin seat for the WR250R is supposed to be about an inch lower than the standard seat too in their website and that is true, so this additional material I had them add brings it about a 1/4 of an inch lower than the standard seat, if that helps.

Regards,

2Wheelz

2009 Vespa GTS 250ie
2011 Honda PCX (Sold)
2008 Yamaha WR250R (Sold)
2Wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:27 AM   #15035
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,836
Rick Mayer $125 Saddle Update...

Seeing the above post about the Corbin saddle reminded me that I'd promised to update my impressions on the Rick Mayer saddle I've had a couple of months now.

I think he still has the 50 per cc pricing for 250cc and smaller DS bikes. Anyway, for mine the total price was $160 including shipping. Unlike the Corbin, I had to send him my seat pan build the seat from, but it's still significantly less money than the $380 plus shipping that Corbin charges.

Memorial Day weekend was the first longish trip I'd done since getting the Mayer saddle. We did just over 1,000 miles total, of which about 200 were on gravel FS roads in N GA, E TN and W NC.

The saddle was great and I had not issues with discomfort due to my seat. The longest day we had was around 350 miles and I felt like I could do plenty more.

Another thing I really like about this saddle when using with the Giant Loop luggage is that the "wings" that protrude from the center of the seat seem like they were made to fit the GL Coyote's shape. Also, when standing, the outward protrusions of the wings gives me something to brace the back of my legs against.

Anyway, I would highly recommend this saddle over the 2x4-ish stocker to anyone who needs to ride a ways to the trail or to travel any distance on the WR-R.

Here's a shot showing the GL luggage fit around the the saddle:

And another of the saddle from above:

GSBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #15036
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,161
Good reviews, guys. Thanks. I'd be tempted to try the Mayer seat, but I can't be without my stock seat all summer and finding a used one has not panned out yet. If anyone has a stock seat they want to sell, please PM me!

Chadx screwed with this post 06-14-2010 at 09:26 AM
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #15037
SheWolf
Under Your Bed

Why does that Meyers seat remind me of a manhole cover...

2009 WR250R

Old 06-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #15038
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheWolf
Do you mean the "feminine" kind?

Well, I've always said that's not the best thing there is... but it's next to the best thing
GSBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #15039
SheWolf
Under Your Bed

*giggles* Yeah. He should have named it 'Always'. As long as your butt doesn't fall asleep it's all good. Nothing worse than numb nether regions.

2009 WR250R

Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #15040
straightrod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,294
Meyers with wings.
straightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:38 AM   #15041
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,183
Anyone have a link to where I can get a JT 46T rear sprocket? Local Yamaha dealer can't find one for the WRR.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:41 AM   #15042
notarat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheWolf
Well, technically, it is covering the man's hole...
notarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #15043
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble
Anyone have a link to where I can get a JT 46T rear sprocket? Local Yamaha dealer can't find one for the WRR.
Any love for Primary Drive from rocky mountain?

Facking CHEAP and can you really mess up a steel sprocket?

edit: NVM, only 47 available.

z@ch screwed with this post 06-14-2010 at 08:07 AM
z@ch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #15044
debaisley
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...rsprockets.htm

JTR245/2.46

shipping there is kind of a rip off unless you spend more money though.

I love rocky mountain ATV/MC sprockets , but they dont make a 46T
debaisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #15045
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,183
Thx debaisly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote