MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac
http://www.renthal.com/File/fit_my_b...etype=Off Road

2007 WRF and YZF chainwheels will fit the WRR/X

You'll need to order a set of tapered head sprocket bolts
fro the WRF/YZF as well when you make the swap.

The WRR stock sprocket bolts have a flat head and need
to be replaced.
Thanks. :)
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #15842
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerson.biguns
URGENT....

Bigdog and Dingweed are dead in the water on day two of their "Another Way Up" trip after hitting a monstrous thunder storm and some really nasty mud. Scott (Dingweed) toasted his clutch. (Not hard to believe since we really burnt them in last spring after the same thing happened.)

I'm rounding up parts to get them going again. Only thing he should need is a clutch pack, right? No basket or springs, etc? I'm pulling mine right now to send up to them tomorrow AM.

Thanks,

John

Just send your whole basket and sort it out later... that way if it is a plate or spring issue they have it and can continue on. After they swap it they will know what they need to return to you without waiting on another parts drop.

Good luck, you are a true friend to take parts off your bike to send to them. Good on you
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #15843
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,445
Wink

Sanity check: does anyone know if Sam is supplying GPX files for TAT routes nowadays? He shows that he has 100% GPS for Miss and Arkansas, whatever that means. I'd be happy to provide proof with a copy of my PayPal receipt to one of you inmates if you'd like to share your GPS routing for MS and AR. Heading out week after next to join Gabe of www.gabe-rtw.co.uk on part of the TAT.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:28 PM   #15844
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Oddometer: 10,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman
Just send your whole basket and sort it out later... that way if it is a plate or spring issue they have it and can continue on. After they swap it they will know what they need to return to you without waiting on another parts drop.

Good luck, you are a true friend to take parts off your bike to send to them. Good on you

They're just east of Young, AZ.

He opted for no basket. I didn't have an impact wrench to break the nut and he wouldn't either. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Another buddy is going to drive it up to them. Should be an all day affair.

Will keep everyone updated.

This was yesterday at the border, Lochiel, AZ, the official start. Long, HOT day.

It was great to ride with Mark. He's one of the good guys. (And Dingweed ain't bad himself.)

emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #15845
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,445
Quote:
It was great to ride with Mark. He's one of the good guys. (And Dingweed ain't bad himself.)
Someday when I grow up I want to ride with BigDog! Keep us in the loop, John.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #15846
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,501
I've got a brand new set of plates, discs and springs sitting here.

If they're needed, let me know - FEDEX overnight???
scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #15847
Sock Monkey OP
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrider
Been here from day one and its been a great ride. Thanks again to NoVector and getting this ride started. I look froward to my daily dose of "...naked" One day I will have a WRR and be contributer and not just a lurker...

To everyone that has made this possible, THANKS! Best bike thread here!

Now on with the show...
My pleasure Zac. Over 1000 pages and counting. Never would I have thought that my post about "the little bike that could" would have turned into this mega-thread. Good stuff!!

Ride safe,
NoVector
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:24 AM   #15848
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,550
Quote:
They're just east of Young, AZ.

He opted for no basket. I didn't have an impact wrench to break the nut and he wouldn't either. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Another buddy is going to drive it up to them. Should be an all day affair.

Will keep everyone updated.

This was yesterday at the border, Lochiel, AZ, the official start. Long, HOT day.

Tom here in Prescott AZ. I have impact driver & tools & a 2 railed trailer if need be. Let me know if I can help.
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:26 AM   #15849
RobR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan
Sanity check: does anyone know if Sam is supplying GPX files for TAT routes nowadays? He shows that he has 100% GPS for Miss and Arkansas, whatever that means. I'd be happy to provide proof with a copy of my PayPal receipt to one of you inmates if you'd like to share your GPS routing for MS and AR. Heading out week after next to join Gabe of www.gabe-rtw.co.uk on part of the TAT.
He does not provide GPX files. When he says he has GPS coords, he means he has the lat/long of the turns embedded into the rollcharts.
RobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #15850
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Oddometer: 10,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac
I've got a brand new set of plates, discs and springs sitting here.

If they're needed, let me know - FEDEX overnight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM
Tom here in Prescott AZ. I have impact driver & tools & a 2 railed trailer if need be. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks everyone. I'll know more in a few hours when the parts arrive on scene. Luckily, they have cell coverage where they are.

I'll report back with an update.

John

emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #15851
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo?
I put a bit over 200 miles on my WRX today. Love this bike. So much damn fun its not even funny. I am debating on trading my Ninja 250R in and get a WRR to prepare for a ride on the TAT next summer. You just can't beat these bikes!
I said the same thing when I got my X. Its like riding a jetski down the road. Braking is not necessary into corners, lay it down as far as you dare and it sticks like velcro.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #15852
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,859
Good luck to BigDog and Dingweed, hope everything gets sorted. If I was closer I'd help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR
He does not provide GPX files. When he says he has GPS coords, he means he has the lat/long of the turns embedded into the rollcharts.
And it is worth entering the routes in yourself as you'll have a better idea where you're going when you're out there. If you want mine though, PM me.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #15853
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,883
Re: Stock gearing on the WRr

For those reading this thread who haven't bought the bike yet, you may not need to replace the gearing first-thing. I got my bike in May with the stock gearing and enjoyed commuting, highway riding, and even dirt with the stock gearing. The most technical trails I got into were the open, rocky climbs common in Colorado on any 2-track or 4wd road. I had no problems with the stock gearing climbing or descending (I descend loose, steep slopes in 2nd gear). The only trouble I had with the stock gearing was above treeline (~11,000 feet) on loose, steep trail. I'll be changing my gearing now as my drive train wears out, but I was satisfied with the stock performance. I know the power delivery will improve with a different ratio, but there's no reason to freak out about the gearing immediately if you're not doing extremely tight, technical riding.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #15854
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco
You may not need to replace the gearing first-thing.
It's good enough for Big Dog.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #15855
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,516
Until you load up with camping gear and try to go down the highway into head wind and find out you need to keep stepping down into 5th gear to hold speed. Geared down a little it'll pull 6th gear at highway speed no problem.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote