Oddometer: 13,335
Thanks!
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #15902
YamRZ350
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Thanks for all of the response guys.

Can anyone tell me if you need to remove the smaller Enduro bag to re-fuel?

I'm guessing the larger tank bag would become a problem with the vent from a larger tank's fuel cap also?

Ahh well, maybe there's a reason most everyone uses the smaller bag and a rack on the back.

I forgot to mention, I had my WR up to 100mph today on the way into work, and when I filled up the tank I discovered I was getting right around 85 mpg. Life is good!
YamRZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #15903
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,335
LOL on the 100 mph.

I unclip both left and right clips and then pivot it to the right or left...I leave the one around the front connected.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #15904
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamRZ350
I forgot to mention, I had my WR up to 100mph today on the way into work, and when I filled up the tank I discovered I was getting right around 85 mpg. Life is good!
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #15905
Machtig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:

Yeah, ok dude. On both accounts.
Machtig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #15906
error cooled
anything but asphalt

Oddometer: 1,150
Pissed

Fuel pump shit the bed. 3/2008 MY 2008 WR250R with 2500 on the clock. Really pissed actually because if it had died 30 mins earlier I would have been in backwoods BFE. Nothing fun about losing confidence in a bike.

Was running her pretty hard for a few hours in 100 degree heat - gravel roads and two track. Acted strangely - stalled a few times and then completely refused to start 10 miles later. Would not start after cooling down for an hour. After an hour ride on the trailer she cooled down, primed up and fired back up. Gas tank was half full.

So my question to you all... has the part been improved or fixed? I saw that there was a total recall in Japan but nothing in the US. Not too keen on throwing another $250 time bomb pump on a bike. Any problems thus far on 2009 or 2010 bikes?

I am questioning my sanity but this episode has me wondering if I should go back to a carbed bike.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?
error cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #15907
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcel
Any suggestions before I go out and buy a set of the Torx head drivers?
Why on earth would anyone want install a Torx head bolt anyway?? I will probably strip them out which would really suck
Hey Wayne, my suggestion would be to NOT get torx head screwdriver style drivers. Get sockets so you can put very firm inward pressure on them while still having a lot of leverage on your socket wrench or breaker bar. Many had issues with the allen head bolts on the passenger pegs. Stripping them out, etc. I stuck a allen socket on there and turned them right out. Many others had the same experience.

I'm not sure what type of locktite the factory used on those fasteners, either, so not sure if they need to be heated up, but I doubt it. So the torx socket is my only recommendation on your project.
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #15908
SheWolf
Under Your Bed

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38
I see the IMS website has the 3.0 gal tank available for 'pre-order.' Seems like JustGasTanks.com is asleep at the wheel since they don't even list the tank yet.

I wonder how long the wait will be...anyone...anyone...Shewolf....Shewolf?
The top half went into the foundry last week, so it should be pretty close to being ready to mold. Still waiting for Chuck to get back to me.

2009 WR250R

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm
SheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #15909
debaisley
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,423
from what i have been reading it seems there was a bad batch of fuel pumps on machine built in 2/08 and 3/08 , mine was built in 01/08 and i have 8k miles on it , not a single problem , also i have yet to see one person with an 09/10 bike have a fuel pump issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by error cooled
Fuel pump shit the bed. 3/2008 MY 2008 WR250R with 2500 on the clock. Really pissed actually because if it had died 30 mins earlier I would have been in backwoods BFE. Nothing fun about losing confidence in a bike.

Was running her pretty hard for a few hours in 100 degree heat - gravel roads and two track. Acted strangely - stalled a few times and then completely refused to start 10 miles later. Would not start after cooling down for an hour. After an hour ride on the trailer she cooled down, primed up and fired back up. Gas tank was half full.

So my question to you all... has the part been improved or fixed? I saw that there was a total recall in Japan but nothing in the US. Not too keen on throwing another $250 time bomb pump on a bike. Any problems thus far on 2009 or 2010 bikes?

I am questioning my sanity but this episode has me wondering if I should go back to a carbed bike.

debaisley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #15910
dirthauler
rolling rototiller

Oddometer: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by error cooled

not sure but it seems as though it was just a bad batch, what was your build date?
running it high ambiant air temps also seems to be a common time for failure. i havent heard of anyone also crapping out on a replacement pump
highfive?
highfive to the white courtesy phone please
the white courtesy phone please, mr. highfive

happy that there is now a maine small bikes thread
dirthauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #15911
XZed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
my WRX has the corrected speedometer and can propel my 200 lb mass to 75 mph (GPS verified)

it can propel my 130 lb son to 85 mph...

so I can see a 25 lb rider going a bone and getting 85 mpg
Old 07-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #15912
rydnseek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
i dyed my seat.. caving to the peer pressure & flood of criticism..

Photobucket

Photobucket

If i get any flak over this, i'm going to stop riding my wr & take my electric scooter everywhere..

Photobucket
rydnseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #15913
debaisley
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,423
Thumb

that looks MUCH better.
debaisley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #15914
dirthauler
rolling rototiller

Oddometer: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydnseek

Photobucket

Photobucket

If i get any flak over this, i'm going to stop riding my wr & take my electric scooter everywhere..

Photobucket
wouldn't one of these be funner?

happy that there is now a maine small bikes thread
dirthauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #15915
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydnseek

Just want to go on record to say I was not part of the peer pressure Casner Mountain will be tough on that scooter, better think it over
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote