Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #16351
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,775
Press the blue button(s) that the clip uncovers when you move it, and work it till she comes loose.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #16352
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnek
Imogene Ouray side
I should've known that!!!.......the Silverton/Telluride/Ouray "Alpine Loop" is a blast.....
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #16353
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierd
Press the blue button(s) that the clip uncovers when you move it, and work it till she comes loose.
Thanks- Tough little bugger but I eventually got it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/

Promote responsible trail riding and trail stewardship.
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #16354
BigFeet
Banned

Oddometer: 501
Fuel Pump - ServiceHonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill
Just got mine too
I bought my 2008 WRX about a week ago, so I just ordered a pump and some other stuff from ServiceHonda yesterday.

Jen emailed me today saying that the pump O-ring gasket is on backorder but that was the only backorder item she mentioned. So it's possible I missed the pump backorder..?

We'll see. Nice people there regardless.

My X has 2500 miles, a few farkles and I bagged it for 2900 clams. Took a ride from Colorado to Abilene and picked it up... avatar photo shows the unlikely rig I used to haul it home.

Artoo
"am not"
BigFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #16355
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,042
Well, when I talked to the guy on the phone he said their supplier was out of stock and everything ships directly from there. Since we know that there have been at least a couple shipped in the last few days, that tells me the warehouse got their shipment in and they should be available now. I really doubt the warehouse only ordered enough to cover what had already been sold. I'll bet they have a few extras.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #16356
BigFeet
Banned

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill
Well, when I talked to the guy on the phone he said their supplier was out of stock and everything ships directly from there. Since we know that there have been at least a couple shipped in the last few days, that tells me the warehouse got their shipment in and they should be available now. I really doubt the warehouse only ordered enough to cover what had already been sold. I'll bet they have a few extras.
Hey, Krabill.

Not surprisingly, I'm hopin' yer right! Thanks for input; sounds logical to me.

Artoo
BigFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #16357
ducnek
Misadventurer

Oddometer: 978
More fuel pump stuff

Ok so I got home, and started the bike up ran it around for about 20 mins., while whipping it pretty hard. It performed perfectly.

It is about 15 degrees cooloer today than it was yesterday when it stalled twice.

So um what now?

Screw it, I am gonna ride it to work and chance it I am leaving out at 4 tomorrow. Maybe I will get lucky, or if not I guess I will call the cavalry with a truck.

Wish me luck
ducnek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #16358
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,161
ADV Bike discussion - Big vs. Small

I still catch a lot of shit from some buddies who are hard core "Big" bike guys.......they think I'm insane because I ride the little WR250R girl bike almost exclusively now .......one of my friend's posted up a question for me today on our local site......thought you might enjoy it....

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index...n-big-v-small/
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #16359
dirthauler
rolling rototiller

Oddometer: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy
I still catch a lot of shit from some buddies who are hard core "Big" bike guys.......they think I'm insane because I ride the little WR250R girl bike almost exclusively now .......one of my friend's posted up a question for me today on our local site......thought you might enjoy it....

show em this vid
[IMG][/IMG]

here's the "share" link if that forum won't let you embed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJahtDZ9l9w
that's a ktm 520 a husqy te510 and an older yz250 i blow by

happy that there is now a maine small bikes thread
dirthauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #16360
rydnseek
do & don't damnee

Oddometer: 4,858
Quote:

Good answers! I also like the pic you put at the end.. i see your head on the side, & the bike upside down in the rocks.. where is the rest of you? Taking the picture?

+1 on riding the little bike hard, rather than a big bike easy. I think the lower power availability also makes it easier to handle.. the back tire won't spin out as easily. Like you said, it's a very good balance of weight.. enough to be stable it on the highway, yet light enough to manage in technical stuff.

..your buddy who could only go 60 should have down shifted.. that's why they put 6 gears in it. On a ride back from moab earlier this year i was heading into a very stiff headwind.. i could not accelerate in 6th to go over 60, but if i down shifted, i could run it up to 70 easily.. not over revving, either.

Good rides & posts, Chris.. always fun reading.
scotty
Old 08-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #16361
jimrobinette
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydnseek
....your buddy who could only go 60 should have down shifted.. that's why they put 6 gears in it.

scotty
Scotty,

I WAS in 5th! It was a STEEP hill! And at 8000 ft! And the bike was having to carry my fat ass and all my gear!

At dinner Chris said I should have downshifted to 4th and revved the hell out of it. While that might have been fun, I didn't really want to do that!

jimrobinette screwed with this post 08-12-2010 at 07:32 PM
jimrobinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #16362
bash3r
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,684
Quote:

hahha.. nice! thx for represent'n Crawdaddy!!

My ADV Website
| ADV Legends |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #16363
Dancamp

Oddometer: n/a
Last week end a friend thar was before me on the gravel roads said that it sounded like a 2 cycles motorcyle.

All the other motorcycles were 650cc and more and I was in the pace with them. My WR is an X and I didn't put my R wheels on it. that didn't keep me from setting the pace.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #16364
rydnseek
do & don't damnee

Oddometer: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrobinette
Scotty,

I WAS in 5th! It was a STEEP hill! And the bike was having to carry my fat ass and all my gear!

At dinner Chris said I should have downshifted to 4th and revved the hell out of it. While that might have been fun, I didn't really want to do that!
Well, nothing wrong with going 60 up a steep hill.. most of the time the speed limits are about that, anyway. I think your big bike buddies were just being critical, since there's so little they can find fault with your bike.

I've had some pretty steep hills where i had it revved out in 5th & it was struggling to keep going. Of course i wasn't loaded down. The weight definitely makes a difference.

Still, the times that happens are rare, & the rest of the time the power of the wr is sufficient.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #16365
NeilW
SomeAssemblyRequired

Oddometer: 74
tuck and run

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydnseek
Well, nothing wrong with going 60 up a steep hill.. most of the time the speed limits are about that, anyway. I think your big bike buddies were just being critical, since there's so little they can find fault with your bike.

I've had some pretty steep hills where i had it revved out in 5th & it was struggling to keep going. Of course i wasn't loaded down. The weight definitely makes a difference.

Still, the times that happens are rare, & the rest of the time the power of the wr is sufficient.
I find that tucking down like some crazed flat-tracker, with my elbow on my knee, hand across the tank is good for about +4 mph. I'm pretty sure people are laughing at me as they go by, but they have to exceed the speed limit by a fare bit to pass. Mind you, I can't hold that position for too long, but a few minutes is tolerable. If I tilt my head just so, I can get a little lift off my visor and relieve a couple of pounds I would otherwise have to hold up. Aerodynamics is a wonderful thing, just not so much on this bike.

aka Boondocker
'08 WR250R
2012 Yamaha Super Ténéré
NeilW is offline   Reply With Quote