User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #16381
GaryAA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Yam Fuel Pump

Are these the newly re-designed fuel pumps or more of the old ones?
GaryAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #16382
oilfieldtrash
I don't wanna be a noob

Oddometer: 232
FMF programmer help

A few months ago I installed an FMF programmer and pipe and did the HF airbox mod. My bike ran perfect before the mods and immediately after install of the pipe and programmer it's had a bit of an issue when abruptly applying the throttle (like when goosing it a little to get the front wheel up over an obstacle). The bike acts like it's gonna take off, then stutters, then it does take off. Sounds something like this. BRAAcutoutBRAAPPP.

The programmer is set up like some others who have the same set up as I do. You guys think I just need to change some settings or does it sound like it could be something else? If you do think it's a programmer issue which parts of the programming do you think I need to tweak?
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #16383
BigFeet
Banned

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill
Hey, Krabill.

You still selling that kit for removing the AIS? If yes, where can I order it?

Thanks!

Artoo
BigFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #16384
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,509
Yuppers.

Bottom of the page here is the best way - http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-gui...take/72-aisrem
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #16385
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,526
What numbers are you running now?
Mine did that when I was running 333888 but with Shewolfs numbers it has been awesome.check here for more info...

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh...-area-t567.htm

3.5 4.5 1.5 8 4 4.5 is working for me.

Good luck.

I hope this helps. I am still working on understanding it all too. In my case I need a FMF Programers for dummies article. I may write one if I ever figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash
A few months ago I installed an FMF programmer and pipe and did the HF airbox mod. My bike ran perfect before the mods and immediately after install of the pipe and programmer it's had a bit of an issue when abruptly applying the throttle (like when goosing it a little to get the front wheel up over an obstacle). The bike acts like it's gonna take off, then stutters, then it does take off. Sounds something like this. BRAAcutoutBRAAPPP.

The programmer is set up like some others who have the same set up as I do. You guys think I just need to change some settings or does it sound like it could be something else? If you do think it's a programmer issue which parts of the programming do you think I need to tweak?
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #16386
BigFeet
Banned

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Yuppers.

Bottom of the page here is the best way - http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-gui...take/72-aisrem
Krabill,

Thanks kindly.

Order placed thru Paypal just now.

Artoo

LS
Walsenburg, CO
BigFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #16387
SuperSize
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highliner
Just curious how many ADV posters have actually had a fuel pump fail on them? I see alot of people who are concerned and only Krabill has actually had troubles but never a failure that left him stranded... I think

I'm wondering if it people are getting vapor lock type symptoms due to ethanol in the fuel or they are just overheating.

I know my 08 WR stumbles when cold but runs perfect otherwise.
There are quite a few listed, just read back some.

I picked up a left over 07, build 3/07 and my pump failed with only a 100 miles. Took a few trips to the dealer but they finally have a new pump for my bike on the way. Mine was heat related. Would run fine when cool but in the heat the pump would bind and not pump.

I love the bike and can't wait to get this sorted out.
SuperSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #16388
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,501
I've got a 2/08 build on mine.

The weather is cool around here close to the ocean but with
12,000 miles on the original pump I went ahead and ordered a
replacement yesterday from Service Honda.

You go 20-30 miles inland from here and the temps have been in the
mid/upper 90's. I just don't want to take a chance on breaking down
out in the middle of nowhere 60 miles away from the nearest town.

A big thanks to Krabill on the Service Honda tip. Their price was about $60
less than TT or the local dealer and they promised 2/3 day delivery.

scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:07 AM   #16389
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,637
Yamaha fuel pumps

From Battle scooters:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588118

Back in the Spring I called Yamaha to ask about a possible pump recall, no such luck there, but the nice lady did talk about replacing bad pumps under an emmisions warrenty regardless of the factory warrenty. Sounds like that's moving right along for the scooter folks.

Sarah
Old 08-14-2010, 04:01 AM   #16390
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,102
Are you some of you replacing your pumps before they actually start acting up? I have a 2009 WRX with about 1200 miles on it. No issues so far, but I'm wondering if I might get stuck somewhere with it. Its been super hot lately, and I'm leary of shutting her off whenever I'm out for fear its not going to start again LOL.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:28 AM   #16391
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo?
Are you some of you replacing your pumps before they actually start acting up?
I still have a working pump that I am replacing. My build date is 4/08 so I figure it is only a matter of time before mine expires. The old pump will become an emergency spare.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #16392
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo?
Are you some of you replacing your pumps before they actually start acting up? I have a 2009 WRX with about 1200 miles on it. No issues so far, but I'm wondering if I might get stuck somewhere with it. Its been super hot lately, and I'm leary of shutting her off whenever I'm out for fear its not going to start again LOL.
I haven't heard of anything other than an early '08 model with issues. The recall in Japan was just for the early '08's as well. As far as I know, they've fixed the problem with the newer pumps and your '09 should be just fine.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #16393
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,109
up north with the wr

My Dad just bought a used wr250r, and was a bit disappointed in the stability on and off road....

Well when he told me the previous owner had "tuned" the suspension to improve it...

Well The PO had dropped the forks about an inch in the tripples and cranked up the dampning rates all around. and no mods to the spring rates and the height of the rear.

after raising the forks, and turning the dampening way back in the forks and a bit in the rear shock...

The thing rips!!! easy to ride too. top speed is about the same as my xr650l... I want one. the wife feels otherwise.

We were in the UP of Michigan by the way.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #16394
Snapper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,471
Quote:
I haven't heard of anything other than an early '08 model with issues. The recall in Japan was just for the early '08's as well. As far as I know, they've fixed the problem with the newer pumps and your '09 should be just fine.

Ahhh fcuk.... I got it too. 8k on mine, WRX purchased 6/08.

Haven't been following this thread but I should have. Haven't been riding it much lately, but last couple of times I've run it while it's hot out, it has failed to start after turning it off (no pump prime whine turning the key). Never cut out while riding though... just restart problems. Luckily it is easy to diagnose without killing the battery.

First time I thought it was just a connection, I took the plastic off, lifted the tank and unplugged/replugged the pump wire, and she started priming (must have just cooled down enough). The plug trick didn't work the second time though and wifey had to fetch me with the trailer (THAT is going to cost me big time ). Of course it primed fine by the time I got home.

Went to the dealer, expecting the same thing, but of course, it was cool out and she ran fine - didn't want to leave it and get a "could not replicate". So I carved a few twisties on the way home, turn it off when I get there, and as Murphy's Law would have it..... dead as a door nail, no priming.

Will try to show the dealer again today, but it's still cool out.

Luckily I have another ride....

FCUK!!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #16395
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,964
I've got only 2000 miles on mine (doesn't get ridden enough) and it's a 3/08 so probably just a matter of time... I'll pony up for a pump in a few months when hopefully the "bad" pumps are good and well gone from distribution. I'm sure that's the case now, but waiting a bit will only help and mine isn't acting up yet. The pump is a fly-in-the-ointment for the early '08's for an otherwise pretty darn bulletproof bike.

BTW, on posts about gearing and speed. I've been liking the 12/47 since it will take the bike pretty much anywhere offroad and will still top out at 85-mph GPS (and 12colocklabs Speedhealer adjusted dash display). Cruises at 60-65 easily and even 70-75 if you work the upper rev range, which is hard on gas economy. It's used for offroad right now, not hyper-mileing.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote