Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #16681
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,303
Picked up my forks and shock from the local Race Tech Shop last night. The shop commented that the rear shock was slightly low on oil, and way low on nitrogen.

I hope to reinstall the parts Sunday morning and go for a test ride.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #16682
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnek
First problem with my WR last night.

Kick stand bracket bolt fell out.
If it falls out, it gets wire!

At least, that's my rule.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #16683
willcp00
shotgun

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwsandman
It looks like G2 has still not updated the web site, best thing to do is send them an email or call them to place your order and specify the one for the 08-10 WR250R/X, I got the throttle tamer, but you can also get the one that comes with the three different cams, a normal cam, and two other cams, I believe the "tamer" comes with the "400" cam, another added bonus is the teflon bushings inside the aluminum throttle sleeve with make for a super smooth throttle as well. I spray a little teflon dry lube on as well, very smooth!
I sent them an email a while back... Here is the response.
Quote:
Hi,
We just added this part.

http://g2ergo.com/shop/catalog/G2-Ta...amaha-223.html
Sam

Oh, and the Tamer is awesome! Makes the throttle so much easier to control!

willcp00 screwed with this post 08-27-2010 at 01:27 PM
willcp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #16684
tshrey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by willcp00
I sent them an email a while back... Here is the response.

Oh, and the Tamer is awesome! Makes the throttle so much easier to control!
I'd like to get one, which model do I select in the pull-down box for that link you supplied? The options are only for crotch rockets.
tshrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #16685
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco
If it falls out, it gets wire!
At least, that's my rule.
Or at least loctite and tightened to the correct torque spec, which can be spotty from the factory. Once I've done that, I've never had a bolt come loose.
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #16686
CORida
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Wiring LED flashers

Hey everybody,
Long time lurker, first time poster. First let me say how much I enjoy ADVrider, absolutely awesome! As I'm sure you've guessed I'm riding a WR250R and loving it. When I was researching which bike to buy, this site, and this thread in particular, HEAVILY influenced my decision and I couldn't be happier. So thanks to everyone for the test rides, reviews and recommendations. However I do have a question. I'm installing the Edge tail light kit, which is pretty simple, but I wired it up and tested it, and the right flasher flashes, but doesn't stay lit, while the left stays lit but doesn't flash. Any ideas? I tried reversing the power wires but that just reversed the problem, big surprise. I ordered it through Wheeling so I thought I'd give Forrest a call tomorrow to see if he has any suggestions. He's been great btw, super helpful on a previous order. Anyway, again this site and you guys pretty much rule, and any help would be really appreciated.
CORida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:43 AM   #16687
vwsandman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Thumb Flasher trouble

More than likely you have the OEM flasher installed, with LED lights this can cause some of the issues you are seeing, most times you get a real fast flash rate, but sometimes the non solid state flasher relay as provided by Yamaha will not flash, instead only choosing to come on, They need resistance from the incandescent lamps to work right. I would recommend getting a solid state flasher relay. I have used the one from Custom LED with zero problems, and they plug right in with no hack and slash wiring...The ELFR-1 is the one you want. Also go through and double check the wires and check with your old signals and make sure they work the "old" way, can help you to pinpoint the issue better. Good luck, and congrats on the purchase, they are a great machine for sure!
vwsandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #16688
vwsandman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
G2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshrey
I'd like to get one, which model do I select in the pull-down box for that link you supplied? The options are only for crotch rockets.
Got me...not sure why it is so hard to add the WR250R/X to a pull down list, I don't see it anywhere on that site...best bet is to call them...sigh...
vwsandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #16689
CORida
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwsandman
More than likely you have the OEM flasher installed, with LED lights this can cause some of the issues you are seeing, most times you get a real fast flash rate, but sometimes the non solid state flasher relay as provided by Yamaha will not flash, instead only choosing to come on, They need resistance from the incandescent lamps to work right. I would recommend getting a solid state flasher relay. I have used the one from Custom LED with zero problems, and they plug right in with no hack and slash wiring...The ELFR-1 is the one you want. Also go through and double check the wires and check with your old signals and make sure they work the "old" way, can help you to pinpoint the issue better. Good luck, and congrats on the purchase, they are a great machine for sure!
Thanks for the advice, I'll check them out and report back.
CORida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #16690
dj4tune
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Electrical Problem

OK fellow WRR owners, I need some help with a wiring problem. Headlight meet a tree and the tree won. replaced everything that was visibly broken including a new fuse...... No light/no power to any of the wires going to the connector. Trying to trace the wires at this time. Black, Yellow, and green. Figure green is neutral. Black is the only one that goes toward the rear of the bike, so ground? Anyway, have no power at the dim switch either. Has anyone had this problem or have a wiring schematic they can send me?

Thanks in advance

dj4tune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #16691
BykMyk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Pissed New owner of WR250R

Well, the last time I posted I was scheduled to look at a slightly used 2008 WRR. Yesterday, I went.... I saw....... I bought!

Since the bike only had 770 miles on it and it is only 80 miles to my place, I decided to ride it home. The person I bought it from had only used it to commute on and so the low miles.

I had selected my route home to avoid as much freeway as possible. I was loving this thing right off, and in the twisties it really came alive.

Well, I got it home, it now has 809 miles on it. Wait a minute, if it had 770 miles on it and it's 80 miles home and now it has 809 miles, the math doesn't work, you might ask!

Well, that's because 20 miles after picking up the bike it died! I started troubleshooting the problem and thanks to this thread, I suspected a fuel pump issue. So, I put my ear on the tank and turned the key...all I got was a click. It wasn't that hot of a day but standing on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, all geared up with a broke bike raised my heat level considerably. Even better, no cell service. After an hour the pump started working.

Off I went only to have it die 19 miles later. Long story short, had to call a friend (had cell now) for rescue. I'll never live this one down. "Hey Mike nice new bike, this thing gets great gas mileage and it cruzez at 80 really good........on the back of my truck!" "should'a got that Suzuki!"

Up side: known problem, should be easy fix. Have Yamaha Extended Service warranty from previous owner. Have time to go over the bike until the shop can fit me in (in a week). And most important...this forum!

Thanks for letting me vent.
Mike
Old 08-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #16692
boxer0987
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I have found a brand new 08 wr250r for a good price and was wandering if there's any reason the 2010 would be worth more. Almost 1000 dollars more at that. I know there are many small differences between these years but is there anything major? What about this fuel pump problem people were having? Thank you.
boxer0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #16693
Attico
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,784
What month and serial number? I think everyone is dying to know. What temp was it?

Sorry to hear about your troubles....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BykMyk
Well, the last time I posted I was scheduled to look at a slightly used 2008 WRR. Yesterday, I went.... I saw....... I bought!

Since the bike only had 770 miles on it and it is only 80 miles to my place, I decided to ride it home. The person I bought it from had only used it to commute on and so the low miles.

I had selected my route home to avoid as much freeway as possible. I was loving this thing right off, and in the twisties it really came alive.

Well, I got it home, it now has 809 miles on it. Wait a minute, if it had 770 miles on it and it's 80 miles home and now it has 809 miles, the math doesn't work, you might ask!

Well, that's because 20 miles after picking up the bike it died! I started troubleshooting the problem and thanks to this thread, I suspected a fuel pump issue. So, I put my ear on the tank and turned the key...all I got was a click. It wasn't that hot of a day but standing on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, all geared up with a broke bike raised my heat level considerably. Even better, no cell service. After an hour the pump started working.

Off I went only to have it die 19 miles later. Long story short, had to call a friend (had cell now) for rescue. I'll never live this one down. "Hey Mike nice new bike, this thing gets great gas mileage and it cruzez at 80 really good........on the back of my truck!" "should'a got that Suzuki!"

Up side: known problem, should be easy fix. Have Yamaha Extended Service warranty from previous owner. Have time to go over the bike until the shop can fit me in (in a week). And most important...this forum!

Thanks for letting me vent.
Mike
Old 08-28-2010, 01:04 PM   #16694
BykMyk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Just bought 770 mile 2008 wrr, 20 miles fuel pump quits

"What month and serial number? I think everyone is dying to know. What temp was it?

Sorry to hear about your troubles...."

02/08, Serial number 0200.

I just hope the extended warranty covers it. While it was running I was impressed with the feel but a real eval will have to wait. Started it up a little ago and it ran fine but I have no doubt that if I were to take it for a ride I'd be looking for a another rescue.

I bet I take it to the dealer and they can't duplicate it.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #16695
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by BykMyk
I bet I take it to the dealer and they can't duplicate it.
How long had it been sitting.....old/shitty gas perhaps?
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote