Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #17281
dvwalker
Working to ride

Oddometer: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughtwg
Very cool. I did the TAT on my WR this summer also. Where were the big pipe segments? I don't recall seeing those.
Funny I took the same pic a couple weeks ago, biggest drainage pipes I've seen. I was traveling reverse TAT west to east and ran into these big boys on a big FS road prior to lakeview OR.

dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #17282
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by greer
I have grip heaters, too. For me, Progrip 714's are the best I've found that'll soak up vibes and still let me feel all the heat in a hurry. Otherwise, I like the Oury Road grips. These are very soft and comfortable, but the thick blocks that absorb the vibes so well also insulate from the heat. I can't get by without grip heaters, so I swap grips from season to season.

Sarah
+1

On the Eastern Beaver stuff.. if you have any question email Jim, he always responds quickly to my questions and I really like his work. Got the 3CS on my WR and Versys.. 1 unswitched 2 switched versions..

Here's my install videos for my 3CS, Part 1 is pulling the wires, Part 2 is making the connections... it may help out some.. have fun!

http://www.basherdesigns.com/2010/01/29/3cs-part-1/

Adventure Tshirts | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #17283
easy-rider
Easy-Rider

Oddometer: 5
Rode 180 miles on my WR250R today

I wanted to try out the rack I built for my WRR, so I loaded it up with a cooler and a few odds and ends and took a ride. I live in Houston and it's amazing how quickly you can get away from the city and get to some really pretty back roads. I spent alot of time on dirt roads and saw some amazing "ranches". One private ranch I saw must have been several thousand acres with acres and acres of manicured lawn, a private polo field and miles and miles of beautiful fence... Incredible. I didn't have a good camera with me - but I'm not sure I could capture the feel of this place. I'll probably do that ride again and I'll take a camera with me. It was cool weather for the Houston area and a really nice day for a ride.

My rack worked well with one exception. I blocked my helmet lock! I guess I'll have to do some mods to it. Oh yeah - I got 73 MPG - and I was not easy on the throttle.
easy-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #17284
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy
.,,But I live in Sun Dee Eggo, CA. not the great white north .........I turn on my heated grips when the temps are below.........wait for it......50 ..........did you say 15 degrees? ......NFW this SO. CA. "softie" could deal with that......truck keys please
If I only road to work when the morning temp was above 50, that would mean I could only commute two months of the year (July and August).

Here is the Helena, MT Average Temp chart with Record highs, Average High, Average Low, and Record Low. Way warmer than where I grew up in Minnesota. Of course, it is so dry and the sun is so much more intense here in MT that it feels 10 - 20 degrees warmer than true ambient temperature.

Chadx screwed with this post 09-19-2010 at 09:03 PM
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #17285
easy-rider
Easy-Rider

What is the panel?

Is this for electrical accessories? What are the lights? Where did this come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder
I drilled the hole in my bars. My throttle tube fit so I didn't have that problem. I did have to saw the ends off my levers and hit the guards with a torch in order to bend it into the correct shape. In order to get my HDB mirrors to position properly, I had to shape (as in leatherman tool sawing) the plastic guards as well.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #17286
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy-rider
Is this for electrical accessories? What are the lights? Where did this come from?
Visit: Highway Dirtbikes (HDB)
LED are indicators for your various circuits. Black and Red buttons are on/off switches for said circuits.
You may also be interested in this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544037
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #17287
easy-rider
Easy-Rider

Thanks! Good info!

Awesome! I appreciate the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadx
Visit: Highway Dirtbikes (HDB)
LED are indicators for your various circuits. Black and Red buttons are on/off switches for said circuits.
You may also be interested in this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544037
Old 09-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #17288
jimrobinette
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
Bought some grips!

Just bought these and some Pro Tapers like were recommended. Will try both this fall.
Thanks again to all the inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins
jimrobinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #17289
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,791
Just got back from a terrific weekend of rocky single track.

Started with a group of six. Dropped one (KLX250S) about a mile into it. Dropped a second at the lunch stop (DRZ), so now it was down to four. A KTM 250 2T, KTM 525, KTM 530, and my WRR. The four of us finished the afternoon portion of the loop for a total of 9 hours of intense single track. It was a little warm and there was no breeze, but oh what fun!
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #17290
boxer0987
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
May seem like a stupid question but where do you guys keep insurance card and registrations at?
boxer0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #17291
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

My wallet.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #17292
boxer0987
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I know that the wallet makes sense. I just thought the letters might start to fade and run together from that.
boxer0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #17293
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

My insurance card is pretty sturdy so it holds up fine, however my registration does get faded. I get a new one every year and it really isn't my job to read it, it's the cop's job to do that. As long as he can "sort of" make out my name and some other info on it, it'll match whatever comes up on his computer, so I'm good with it getting a little messed up.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #17294
Dastard
Just another guy

Oddometer: 585
In a baggie, sandwiched between a thin piece of plexi glass and the under side of the seat. Plexi glass is hot glued to the seat pan. After several tries I hit the pan with a rasp a few times to get the hot glue to stick. I will need a screwdriver/knife to get it out. Hopefully by then the officer has died of boredom and left.

D
Old 09-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #17295
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,243
Tough Little Bike

This guy from NYC entered a local organized trail ride in the Berkshire Mountains of CT and proceeded to crash into a rock which caused him to wheelie up a tree. The bike fired right up after sitting on it's tail for about 5 minutes. Rider was uninjured. That's what you call a well balanced bike. Those Pro Moto Billet racks make great supports.

Nice_Rumble screwed with this post 09-21-2010 at 07:03 AM
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote