Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #17851
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFeet
Hell, I should probably add one of those, too! Be the local "super tanker" to bail out riders on empty!
Nah, 6 lbs per gallon adds up fast...
That's preposterous!

OK, OK. I never actually road it like that, but the potential for 7.5 gallons is there. See my previous post...http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=15542

Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #17852
BigFeet
Banned

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadx
That's preposterous!

OK, OK. I never actually road it like that, but the potential for 7.5 gallons is there. See my previous post...http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=15542

I like it a lot! Now that's a SUPERTANKER!

BigFeets
BigFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #17853
BigFeet
Banned

FMF Q4 Muffler w/Stock Heat Shield

I'd seen some requests for pics of the stock heat shield on an FMF Q4.

This link goes to a thread I started for just this. It has a few tips on how I pulled it off; not super-sano by any means, but it looks good and works well.

And yeah, as usual I took a couple of shortcuts.

BigFeets

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh...3142.htm#30816
Old 10-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #17854
BigFeet
Banned

Revloc Automatic Clutch

I've read all the linked info I could find on this and it looks like a Revloc on just about any dualsport is the cat's ass.

I've heard back from BigBird saying it's maintenance free and bulletproof.

Hoping to hear from some other WRR/X Revloc users... how do you like it everywhere? Any problems? Would ya' do it again? Do you know of a left hand rear brake unit that fits better than Revloc's version?

Stuff like that. Link to the main thread I've found on this for our bikes:

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh...4-20.htm#30817

Mainly, I'm just looking for some more recent or updated input. How goes the Revloc?!?

Machtig?? Others?

I'm about 2 or 3 days from ordering a Revloc anyhow.

TIA!

-feets
Old 10-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #17855
kawagumby
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayjars
Anybody change their fuel pump and notice a difference in the sound it makes compared to the original 2008?
Very much so. The new pump is a whole octave lower in pitch - very noticeable, it sure seems that would be from spinning more slowly? I was worried at first, but it has been working fine. (I changed mine out as a precaution, the old unit worked fine too, but it was an early model -08).
Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 AM   #17856
mcbroom
Tame Thrillseeker

Oddometer: 95
Question Chain Tension with 13/48?

Could someone running on 13/48 sprockets share their chain tension checking method? Where do you measure and what is the clearance? Don't say you measure with your fingers unless you have measured your fingers

I tried basing my tension on the Chain Tension Technical Bulletin and taking my bigger rear sprocket into account by using the upper limit of the TB spec (i.e. setting the clearance between the swing arm and the chain to about 12~14mm whereas the bulleting says 8...13mm) but I'm not quite sure this is the right way to go. The radius of the 48 sprocket is only 12% bigger than the radius of the original sprocket, right? So do I even have to take the bigger rear sprocket into account?

I don't have a tension gauge so I just push the chain towards the swing arm firmly but not with excessive force (the clearance difference between "firmly" and "with excessive force" is very small anyway, maybe 1 or 2 mm).

I do know that I could check the tension by deattaching the rear shock and aligning the sprockets and the back swing pivot but I'm still gathering courage to to do it I'm hoping someone has already done that for me
mcbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:57 AM   #17857
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,637
I'm running 13/47 and I don't get all scientific about it, but I keep just about 1/2" clearance between the top of the chain and the bottom of the swingarm. Seems to work for me.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #17858
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill
I'm running 13/47 and I don't get all scientific about it, but I keep just about 1/2" clearance between the top of the chain and the bottom of the swingarm. Seems to work for me.
This is what I do as well and works good for me.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #17859
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill
So, if one IS digging into the plastic swing arm protector more than one would like--do you think it's because of running the chain too tight, or too loose?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #17860
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan
So, if one IS digging into the plastic swing arm protector more than one would like--do you think it's because of running the chain too tight, or too loose?
I have no idea. I'm guessing the 12T wasn't helping matters. I was worn into the swingarm at 5k miles when I was running the 12T. I've put 8k miles on it since then with the 13T/47T combo and while there are grooves in the guard, it isn't anywhere close to being eaten through yet.

I have always adjusted my chain the same way. ~1/2" clearance.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #17861
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFeet
I've read all the linked info I could find on this and it looks like a Revloc on just about any dualsport is the cat's ass.

I've heard back from BigBird saying it's maintenance free and bulletproof.

Hoping to hear from some other WRR/X Revloc users... how do you like it everywhere? Any problems? Would ya' do it again? Do you know of a left hand rear brake unit that fits better than Revloc's version?

Stuff like that. Link to the main thread I've found on this for our bikes:

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh...4-20.htm#30817

Mainly, I'm just looking for some more recent or updated input. How goes the Revloc?!?

Machtig?? Others?

I'm about 2 or 3 days from ordering a Revloc anyhow.

TIA!

-feets
Brian (Machtig) is the one you want to get a hold of regarding this.

He's pretty much paved the way to get a Revloc that's compatable for
the WRR/X.
scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #17862
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,102
Just a quick update (or lack thereof) on the fuel pump on my 2009 WR250X. I took the bike up to the dealer this past Saturday... haven't heard anything yet. The appointment isn't technically until this Friday, but I dropped it off earlier in case they could get to it sooner. When I dropped it off, the service guy seemed to think he could get it replaced...he'd call Yamaha if he had to. I told him I don't want the bike back without a new fuel pump LOL. I will post here once all is said and done.... hopefully it won't be too long.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #17863
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons1
This is what I do as well and works good for me.
Me too, under that big white sticker on the swingarm. I let my chain get too lose over a span of 200 or so miles and it wore the crap out of my chain slider. I've always run a 13T.

Sarah
Old 10-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #17864
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,695
Missouri 1900s Swinging Bridges

Here's a RR I just posted of my 2 day swinging bridges ride here in Missouri... camped off the bike and video from my GoPro helmet cam. The WR was just perfect, man I just can't wait to saddle back up on this bike time and time again..

Ride Report Video Here

I had a ball....

ADV Gear | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #17865
jonb
Montana Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Revloc Dyna Ring

Its the Dyna Ring from Revloc that looks intriquing to me. Its in the final stages of testing. You can still jump start your bike. You can't stall it and it is a quick install with external adjustment at the lever. There are a few hitches like riding over 50 mph constantly may need a little adjustment to compensate for clutch plate pressures, but all doable to me. The price is sub $400.

The Ring was being tested when I spoke to them two weeks ago. I am not sure it was ready for prime time as our clutch is a difficult clutch for them to fit.
If anyone actually has tried one of these or knows they are available, keep me posted.
The conversation i had was a really good one and the guy knew our bike well which is a plus.