Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #1831
redsport
Web Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbomber
Well, that's a LOT (read almost $1000) lower than I was quoted OTD on a new '08 here over the weekend. Granted, I didn't bargain at all since I had no intention of laying cash on the table that day and everything is more expensive in NJ anyway. I just said I was interested if the price was right, they picked a number and I said thanks, bye. Don't know what extra fees are on new bike sales in NC, but I was looking at bike price ($5400-ish), 7% tax, and MV title fee(I think around $120) to come up at $6000 OTD. Still, I thought they would have dropped the offering price a little more given the fact that the bike has been sitting a while. I knew I wasn't going to pay that much, but at least now I know where I can work down from if I go back in a few weeks and still find the bike sitting. FWIW, the other local Yamaha dealer is trying to get rid of an '08 demo with ~100 miles for $5200+tax, so you can see the NJ market is pretty steep.
Yeah, I thought I got a pretty sweet deal as well. I drove 3 hours one way to do it, but it was worth it. The dealership that is 15 miles from where I live has a 2008 that they were still asking $5800 for plus fees ( $275 destination fee + $150 admin. fee + $45 title + $300 assembly fee + tax ). I never got down to an out the door price with them because I didn't think there was anyway to get to the $5000 OTD the other dealer quoted.

Kurt
redsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #1832
Zadok08
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive
Well that's just terrific! Couldn't someone had fessed up about the mud roost before now???? I just ordered my DRC stuff last week. Geez. I HATE mud slinging on my backside.

Guess I'll began forming a plan to devise a really cool mud-flap extension.

HF
Sorry, but you didnt ask...... Last I heard you werent interested
in getting one.

I still think as long as you have the license plate on you should be fine.
Zadok08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #1833
redsport
Web Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by velosprocket
WOW, I would buy one today for that price. I would just keep my DRZ until spring then sell it. Was the bike brand new, no miles? Just curious...
The bike was brand new with zero miles. It only as 2 miles on it right now. I just got the insurance taken care of today and the temporary tag is in the mail. Maybe I'll get a few miles in this weekend. (The price really prompted me to act sooner than I was planning as well.)

Kurt
Old 12-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #1834
redsport
Web Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashed
Welcome to the Elite club of WR250R owners! Now start the farkling adiction we all have!
Thanks, its nice to be Elite at something. I think I will start with a skid plate and a battery tender.

Kurt
Old 12-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #1835
YamWOW!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsport
Thanks, its nice to be Elite at something. I think I will start with a skid plate and a battery tender.

Kurt
Who needs a battery tender when you can ride all the time. Even if it's cold you will just walk out and start it to here it purr!

Check out the WR250R/X forum: CLICK HERE
Check out the Pacific NW DualSport Forum: CLICK HERE
KTM 530 EXC-R
BMW F800GS
YamWOW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:41 PM   #1836
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive
Well that's just terrific! Couldn't someone had fessed up about the mud roost before now???? I just ordered my DRC stuff last week. Geez. I HATE mud slinging on my backside.
Guess I'll began forming a plan to devise a really cool mud-flap extension.
HF
HF, I did the DRC tail tidy to the R awhile ago and with the license plate on it, at least in rain and OEM tires, no real backwash problems. Haven't tried it with goey mud and taller knobbies yet. I would think a clipped off rear fender section (maybe if you have any broken GasGas trials fenders laying around) would mount under the license plate for the known ultra-muddy runs.

I posted mud pix earlier in this very active thread -- but I took the bone stock R through extremely muddy areas with the rear flinging mud like crazy and I can tell you the huge stock rear tailight assy does block the mud very well... but it also collects POUNDS of mud in all the nooks and crannies it has and is very hard to clean out. I was glad to get that monstrosity off the bike.

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #1837
YamWOW!
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg
HF, I did the DRC tail tidy to the R awhile ago and with the license plate on it, at least in rain and OEM tires, no real backwash problems. Haven't tried it with goey mud and taller knobbies yet. I would think a clipped off rear fender section (maybe if you have any broken GasGas trials fenders laying around) would mount under the license plate for the known ultra-muddy runs.

I posted mud pix earlier in this very active thread -- but I took the bone stock R through extremely muddy areas with the rear flinging mud like crazy and I can tell you the huge stock rear tailight assy does block the mud very well... but it also collects POUNDS of mud in all the nooks and crannies it has and is very hard to clean out. I was glad to get that monstrosity off the bike.

Looks like Vietnam or maybe I saw that jungle on an episode of survivor man.

KTM 530 EXC-R
BMW F800GS
Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #1838
robhar54
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamWOW!
Looks like Vietnam or maybe I saw that jungle on an episode of survivor man.

Just good ol' PNW mud. (Looks like Reiter, last time I was up there.)

Oh--by the way. I'm interested in this bike too. A bit partial to Yamahas 'cause my first bike was a '78 SR500. I'm looking for a smaller, lighter bike than my F800GS to improve my off-road skills...but just can't justify a pure dirt bike that you have to trailer to rides. I had a '06 Husky TE250 that was awesome...but couldn't trailer it with our Mini....

Great thread. Potentially Very Bad for my wallet.

Rob in Seattle
Old 12-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #1839
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhar54
Just good ol' PNW mud. (Looks like Reiter, last time I was up there.)

Oh--by the way. I'm interested in this bike too. A bit partial to Yamahas 'cause my first bike was a '78 SR500. I'm looking for a smaller, lighter bike than my F800GS to improve my off-road skills...but just can't justify a pure dirt bike that you have to trailer to rides. I had a '06 Husky TE250 that was awesome...but couldn't trailer it with our Mini....

Great thread. Potentially Very Bad for my wallet.
Rob in Seattle
Yes indeed Rob. Reiter, Deer Flats on the Index Wall Overlook run, which BTW, they've now blocked the path just before all the the cliff wall trail end, too many 4x4people dumping garbage off the cliff. I can still ride around the barrier on the trials bike but a normal bike, no way. Still very deep tank trap "puddles".

You can still hike over to the lip, a LONG drop
Old 12-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #1840
YamWOW!
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodakaguy
Here are a few shots from YamWOW!'s and My ride today. Spent a few hours riding some local roads and trails. It was a great day to ride!

Now doesn't that look better

Hodakaguy
I thought Washington looked like this. We don't have mud or trees.

KTM 530 EXC-R
BMW F800GS

YamWOW! screwed with this post 12-29-2008 at 09:25 PM
Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #1841
SheWolf
Under Your Bed

Oddometer: 629
HF I have a DRC setup on mine, but it's for a KTM. It doesn't let any muck come back there, as it seems to stick out just that little bit where it wants to fling.

2009 WR250R

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm
SheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #1842
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamWOW!
I thought Washington looked like this. We don't have mud or trees.
I've done a bit of riding on the dry side of WA too. Eburg area, Manastash etc. Haven't taken the R out there yet, but I will, and get some shots for here.

A few dry pix, sorry, not R...yet

Old 12-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #1843
rpo83
Old enough to know better

Oddometer: 589
As i have 95% made up my mind that the R will be my next bike, i have started looking for farkles, the guys from b&b have a few ready to go.. Looks like the kind of thing to keep your back clean.

http://www.bboffroad.com.au/yamaha5.htm

Their bash plates have always been fantastic...

http://www.bboffroad.com.au/yamaha1.htm

My 2011 Ride around Aus http://rpo83.blogspot.com.au/
rpo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #1844
Phillpot_2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Gloves

This may seem a bit off topic because of the 3 week delay but......

HF - I just got back today (finally!) from WI and jammed one of the small recesses of my mailbox I found my gift card!! Thanks again. So now to the business at hand. I need to pick out some gloves. Any suggestions out there? Armored/Non, Leather/Syn, Good Brands? And of corse, they have to look cool while riding R. I'm looking at Cyclegear.com and with all the choices I'm wondering if it really even matters. Are any more comfortable/better then any others? I promise as soon as these get picked out I will post some photos of my and R rockin' the new gloves. It may be an excuse to brave the cold and snow and have a little fun!
Phillpot_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:58 AM   #1845
Iceveign
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Cyborg, you don't know how lucky you are to be alive.

Iceveign is offline   Reply With Quote