Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #23326
YamRZ350
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Does anyone have a stock shock spring (if you've up-graded to aftermarket) or a higher rate than stock spring (if you've up-graded and didn't like it) that you want to sell?

I need a heavier rate spring for a 450F project, and was hoping a 250 R/X spring might be collecting dust on a shelf in someones shed.
YamRZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #23327
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2RideMore View Post
I would love to get some led spots or a focused beam projector headlamp for the WR, but have not found one for a good price. Coming from the dual beam deep basket reflectors of the vstrom, the WR just does not put out enough light. More like a flood than a defined beam. Show us those pics of the lynx light pattern.
No night pics but the HIDs in mine are the very best lights I have had on a motorcycle ever. I really enjoyed the lights on my strom, but these are much better.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #23328
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Giantloop Mojavi works for me. I never take the Mojavi off though. It has my trail stand, pump, tools and I sometimes carry my heated liner and heated gloves in it as well as tire irons and a cliff bar or two. It is nice to always have your emergency stuff with you .
+1 on the GL Mojavi. It is perfect for the back of the WRR on day trips - rides low and tight and it stays put. I also have the Wolfman Enduro saddle bags and the Wolfman peak tail bag, but I only use the saddle bags on longer trips now. Never see a need for the peak tail bag anymore (I don't want to sell it tho), and the with MoJavi I can still swing my leg over the bike...most of the time.
OKDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #23329
AKASY
Noob

Oddometer: 2,166
Number Plate bag

I use the Moose number plate bag on my WRR--as long as you do a good job chinching it down it stays in place. I've banged it around on some rough stuff and it has stayed in place. Price is right.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...utm_medium=cse
Old 07-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #23330
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,827
WRR/X rear shock adjusting

Here are the requested vids and pics of how to adjust the rear shock on the Yami WRR/X.

Disclaimer....I am just a guy who rides bikes. I am not an expert of any kind or a mechanic. I am not a professional anything related to motorcycles or riding. Take this all with that in mind..I am just a guy who rides bikes. Anything you do to your bike, you are responsible for. I am just showing how I do stuff on my bike.

First pics are the pages in the manual. They are a little confusing, since the blurbs before the adjustment instructions and the word in parentheses, next to settings are contradictory. At least the way I am looking at it.

Rebound damping force adjustment:

Compression damping force adjustment:

Rebound damping knob( bottom of shock):

Compression damping screw( top of gas cyclinder):

First vid..setting of rebound damping:

Second vid...getting to middle of rebound damping:

Third vid....compression damping setting:

(( disclaimer..I messed up what I was saying in this one at the start) Turning to max counterclockwise gives you the least compression damping..turning out out, or counterclockwise, gives you the max compression damping..12 clicks per manual))

Fourth vid..seeing results..or not seeing with WRR shock:

DougZ73 screwed with this post 07-15-2011 at 04:33 AM
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #23331
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASY View Post
I use the Moose number plate bag on my WRR--as long as you do a good job chinching it down it stays in place. I've banged it around on some rough stuff and it has stayed in place. Price is right.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...utm_medium=cse
Do you mount yours above the headlight? That faring is flimsy so any issues with mounting it.. i thought about snagging a bag for that area just to put extra nick-nacks in..

ADV Gear | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #23332
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Here are the requested vids and pics of how to adjust the rear shock on the Yami WRR/X.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #23333
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,827
The other three vids are currently uploading. I had a hell of a time getting them to upload. I guess my windows/computer is a little older, since I had to go an older uploaded to get it to start working. LOL

Hope it helps anyone out.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #23334
AKASY
Noob

Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash3r View Post
Do you mount yours above the headlight? That faring is flimsy so any issues with mounting it.. i thought about snagging a bag for that area just to put extra nick-nacks in..
Yep above the headlight--I keep it light but so far no issues--I snug it down real good and check it every so often but it has held up to some good rough riding.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #23335
mcwbyu82
WRR'er

Oddometer: 158
A couple mods . . .

Wife and son are out of town so I finally had some time to get to a couple of mods I have been meaning to.
First one is nothing too exciting but long overdue. Went from stock gearing and chain to a 47 in the back and Primary Drive O-Ring 110 link. Have only taken a couple laps around the block but man I dont know why I have put this off so long. The PO gave me the 47 when I bought the bike .

Second mod also isnt that big a deal but I am way stoked about it. Had this idea from the first time I saw the HDB top clamps.

I commute everyday so this is gonna make leaving and ariving so nice. No more fumbling for the remote in a pocket/bag or stopping and using the keypad.

mcwbyu82 screwed with this post 07-14-2011 at 10:12 PM
mcwbyu82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #23336
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASY View Post
Yep above the headlight--I keep it light but so far no issues--I snug it down real good and check it every so often but it has held up to some good rough riding.
Thanks for the photo! Looks good!

Old 07-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #23337
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
Good to know. I'm thinking of using it to stow tube/irons & a few tools/pump--my tire repair kit. Think that'll work? What do you use it for?
I've had the dirtbagz number plate bag on my WRR for close to three years now.Bottom straps
around the fork tubes, top straps around my HDB hand guard bars. It holds all my tools, tire irons
patch kit and electric air pump. It stays put, is out of the way and easy to get your stuff in and out
of.
scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #23338
Machtig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Michelin Desert rear tire

This thing is a BEAST, ie a big son of a gun, ie huge. It dwarfs the 130/90-18 Dunlop 606 sitting next to it. I do think it will fit and it doesn't feel all that heavy, but I will weigh it and report back. I think I'm gonna go ahead and mount it up tonight. Stay tuned

Machtig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #23339
QuietEagle
Gettin' it together

Oddometer: 58
Fastway Footpegs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhd1223 View Post
So does anyone have experience with both the Pro Moto Billet F5 and F6 cleats? I was just sent an email letting me know they were out of the F5 pegs but sent F6 pegs and included a packet of the F5 cleats.

As far as I know, the pegs are identical. The only difference is the style of cleats, i.e. 5 is a threaded stud with an allen key hole and the 6 are spikes. It sounds as though you will get both with this deal and then you can decide. I really like the Fastways as the pegs are very comfortable. The 6 cleats will be very aggresive. YMMV.

QuietEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #23340
AKASY
Noob

Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash3r View Post
Thanks for the photo! Looks good!
Other than the "pouch" that fits over the number plate being a bit uhh snug--it fits well. Price is right