User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #23671
Sproat Sport
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
safari install Q

Ok, I'm officially in over my head too with this safari install. I've searched for the info I'm looking for but....

Trying to make sense of the weird instructions and matching them up with the small bad photos....

I'm at step 4 : "Extract the pickup pump outlet hose and cable tie it to the fuel pump as all pickup pump fuel is distributed to the main fuel pump pickup point".

what do they mean by "extract"...and what do I extract exactly (pickup pump outlet hose...?)? The picture they give doesn't match up to what I've got in my hands.

Thanks to ChadX for his helpful photos...the clear pictures of his fuel pump have helped. At least I was able to adjust the fuel level sensor! Now if I can only get the tank installed at all.....The grainy b/w photos included with the tank aren't good. I have a feeling this is going to take a while. Trying to get this done in time for a dual sport ride on Aug. 13th.

Thanks
Sproat Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #23672
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproat Sport View Post
Trying to make sense of the weird instructions and matching them up with the small bad photos....
I'm at step 4 : "Extract the pickup pump outlet hose and cable tie it to the fuel pump as all pickup pump fuel is distributed to the main fuel pump pickup point".
what do they mean by "extract"...and what do I extract exactly (pickup pump outlet hose...?)? The picture they give doesn't match up to what I've got in my hands.
Thanks
Hope this tutorial will help: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...43#post8279243

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=796340

You want the fuel line from the secondary fuel pump tie wrapped to the side of the OEM pump pointed to the fuel bowl at the bottom of the pump. See pic.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/

Nice_Rumble screwed with this post 08-04-2011 at 06:02 PM
Nice_Rumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #23673
andy mac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
1 Working thru aperture for Yamaha fuel pump locate the short white hose that runs from the Safari fuel pump (nipple on rear of tank)
2 Extract end of hose and cabletie the hose to Yamaha fuel pump

More detailed pics here http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-gui...afari-tank-mod
andy mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #23674
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,773
I got to ride with the rebuilt shock tonight. Due to the bikes and rider experience we had with us.....it was not that difficult of terrain. I was able to blast some whooped sections and being I am here to write about it, it was obviously way better than the stock shock was.

Even so far, i'd say the rebuild was the best thing I have done to the bike yet.

I'll elaborate more this weekend, after I ride with my buddies on our usual difficult/technical terrain.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #23675
bash3r
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproat Sport View Post
Ok, I'm officially in over my head too with this safari install. I've searched for the info I'm looking for but....

Thanks to ChadX for his helpful photos...the clear pictures of his fuel pump have helped. At least I was able to adjust the fuel level sensor! Now if I can only get the tank installed at all.....The grainy b/w photos included with the tank aren't good. I have a feeling this is going to take a while. Trying to get this done in time for a dual sport ride on Aug. 13th.

Thanks
Even more on my site...
http://www.basherdesigns.com/2011/07...p-replacement/

Hope you have enough info to get up and running now..

My ADV Website | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #23676
bash3r
Beastly Adventurer

Buyin Tires?

I know it's been posted on the thread before but I can't find what online store was selling D606s the cheapest.. I remember seeing them under $70 before shipping... Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I making things up?!

I got about 5,000 miles out of my last pair.. rode them until the knobbies are completely flat.. haha.. so it's time to order a new pair..!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #23677
Crooked Creek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
WR250R explores the side trips of the Cassier

If you're into scenery, wildlife and exploration, my first trip on my WR250R may interest you. I just started the RR, but I have a little over 400 pics to go .

Yes, that's a fishing rod on the Dirt Bag .
Canada's Best Kept Secret: 500 km from the nearest paved road here
Crooked Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #23678
jimrobinette
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
RR reader helper

Guys, off topic but....there is some tool for your browser that will allow you to essentially see only the posts by the OP in a RR.

Normally I like to read all the comments, but rtwDoug's RR about riding a HD on the Road of Bones is out of control. His second post was on page 10!!!!

Anyway, I don't remember if it was a browser plug-in or something in forum settings. If anyone has an idea, I would appreciate it.
jimrobinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #23679
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,856
Greasemonkey is what you're looking for I believe.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #23680
Crooked Creek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrobinette View Post
Guys, off topic but....there is some tool for your browser that will allow you to essentially see only the posts by the OP in a RR.
Here you go.
Canada's Best Kept Secret: 500 km from the nearest paved road here
Crooked Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:56 AM   #23681
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcj7 View Post
I just put a Cee Baileys windscreen on my bike and took it for a ride, the 1st thing I noticed was when another rider waved to me I was able to take my hand off the grip to wave back without fear of being blown off my bike.
Took all the wind off my chest, just hits bottom of my helmet. So much nicer to ride 55+

Yeah, I've had mine on all summer and it is great! With earplugs, the ride is quite pleasant on the highway. Nice gizmo.
Pantah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:48 AM   #23682
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,863
Rear Wheel Rim Lock

I'm about to spoon on a Pirelli MT-43 trials-type tire on the rear wheel of my WR-R this morning. Because I'll be using much lower pressures than with the D606s I've been running, I'll also be mounting up a Motion Pro rim lock for the first time (the composite one that's blue).

Anyway, I just noticed that the wheel has holes drilled for rim locks in two places, one being closer to the valve stem than the other.

Any thoughts on which one is best for using a single rim lock? Intuitively I'd use the one that's more or less opposite the valve stem, for balance reasons, but maybe the one closer to the stem would better protect it from spinning the rim on the tube.

Suggestions from those with experience in this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
David
GSBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #23683
bash3r
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrobinette View Post

Normally I like to read all the comments, but rtwDoug's RR about riding a HD on the Road of Bones is out of control. His second post was on page 10!!!!

Anyway, I don't remember if it was a browser plug-in or something in forum settings. If anyone has an idea, I would appreciate it.
I use these plugins from Bolty for Firefox?!...

http://www.basherdesigns.com/2010/02...refox-plugins/

Old 08-05-2011, 06:20 AM   #23684
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,779
not much on Kijiji or Craigslist

If anyone knows of a good, used WR250R/X for sale in Ontario, please send me a PM. Too much hassle to import from the US, so Canadian only please.
Thank you.
Jon

jon_l screwed with this post 08-05-2011 at 09:20 AM
jon_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #23685
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhd1223 View Post
Hello all. I'm running a Primary Drive Sprocket/Chain combo of 13/47 w/ the Gold X-ring chain. I put these on at the same time as the sandman case saver and sprocket guard. With the guard being an open design I noticed a buzz when riding if my foot wasn't up close to the location of the cs sprocket. I didn't think anything of it until yesterday when I was pushing the bike over to the compressor to fill the tires and noticed it clicked and clanked as I rolled it. Is this normal? The chain seems to be aligned as best as I can tell using a chain alignment tool and only has about 100 miles of use on it. My track Ninja doesn't have a cs sprocket cover and when I've pushed it around I never noticed the clicks and clanks like I do with this. Could that be because the cs sprocket on the Ninja is a 15 vs. the WR's 13? Maybe it's just different parts and these are so new in comparison?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

I just installed a 48 rear and new chain and have the same clickity clack going on. Chain is aligned good enough and I run slightly loose. I will worry more when it falls of, until then going to keep running it.
05 Yamaha XT225
03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote