Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #24571
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
That is an FMF Q4 muffler...the good one. You don't need the silver bushing. But, you do need to get the spark arrestor insert for the end cap. It is screen about 4 - 5 inches long that slides into the end and secures with one screw. Original owner should have that piece.....it comes with the Q4. It makes the sound much quieter and does not reduce engine performance at all....as proven in my Dyno 2 run (see WRRdualsport.com). I suppose you could purchase a spark arrestor and screw anchor from FMF, if necessary.

Recommended settings for your FMF Power Programmer:

3-3-3-8-8-8
with stock airbox setup....including AIS removed and air intake flapper glued down (to open intake).

3-5-0.5-8-4-4 with airbox opened up (see Ultimate Airbox Mod at WRRdualsport.com.....or remove airbox top entirely).

Enjoy!

HF
That is not at all the set up that I got directly from Dobeck( which makes the units for FMF).

This is what he rec'd to me:
G 2.5
Y 2.5
R .5
GB 8.0
YB 4.0
RB 4.5

YMMV
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #24572
jgino157
Yer' mom!!!

Oddometer: 454
Great info, thanks.....looks like i may as well remove the entire lid, dif settings probably means gains to be had.....

No pics on the FMF site and kinda tough to navigate......is this what I'm looking for

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMF-Q...ht_3694wt_1182

This one is labeled as the same part number, but looks completely different......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMF-Q...#ht_2407wt_956
Colorado 2012
UPAT 2011 2014
jgino157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #24573
rydnseek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
A couple of pics from a ride we did yesterday.. my wrx, Tom rode his honda, Kim on his klx. I'm uploading videos & putting a ride report, but here are a few highlights. This was in the Navajo Reservation up near Grand Falls.

rydnseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #24574
dulinor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Came home from work today (too late for another ride) and found a present from fedex. My new Sargent seat! Didn't even have to give up my OEM.

Haven't been able to do much more than sit on it in the driveway. Fits tight, but good. Looks quality, and feels like I can still move around on it for dirt shenanigans.

Will definitely give it some miles this weekend.

Anyone compare these to the custom jobs they did before?
Attached Images

dulinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:49 AM   #24575
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,404
Looks good...the Rick Mayer that I had and immediately sold wasn't as level...it dipped in the middle and leaned you forward...turned my nuts into the supplemental restraint system--cushion.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #24576
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,657
Hey MoBill!

Update on your bike yet? Sorry if you already posted and I missed it.

Sarah
Old 09-22-2011, 05:13 AM   #24577
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Hey Sarah, thanks...no didn't post it. Too embarassed.

I dropped it at my buddy's yesterday. I blinked about not the teardown but what the hell do I do once it's apart

So, it'll get torn into next week...first look they concur with the dropped valve or bent rod scenario...made worse by my turning the crank the wrong way :) Dumbass.

Still smiling though, what the hell...it'll be good again, right? Lessons learned too..big ones about what not to do. And a little laugh from me about all the oil changes, oil choices, care and maintenance I did, still doesn't stop you from having this kind of issue (the initial one that brought me coasting to the side of the road, not what I did after)...but sure better than the alternative.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:45 AM   #24578
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,741
I wouldn't worry too much Bill. Alot of the important parts are coming up on ebay.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #24579
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

I'm laughin', it sounds like there's a story behind that one. Or will be.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #24580
skian g
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
I know this is going to sound like a dumb question, however I havent seen it addressed anywhere. Im new to this whole motorcycle thing. After reading a few posts about chain tension and how a chain should look when the bike is idling on a stand in first gear my stock chain with 8000 miles on it seems to have a few links that dont work as well as the rest. So I/m looking into a new chain. So my question is when I buy a chain keeping the stock sprocket sizes I need to buy a 108 link chain right? The factory part is 108 links. But does this account for the master link I will need to install it? Or will I have to cut a link off to use a clip style master link?
Old 09-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #24581
Luke308
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Posted this in the Trip Planning forum but thought I'd put it down here as well.

I have a job interview in Phoenix next week and I'm thinking about riding there from Denver. Looking at taking slab the whole way but staying off the big interstate highways.

I'm still a little hesitant about the ride since my WRR isn't set up for long distance travel (stock everything, and have a set of D606's on the bike currently), but I'm also young and dumb enough to do it anyway :) I'm currently rolling with a set of Wolfman Enduro bags and tank bag, which are a bit small for everything I'd need to bring. I'm lusting after the Wolfman Expedition bags/racks but the price tag would seriously injure my budget. I could also really use a new sleeping bag. It would definitely be easiest to fly down there but where's the fun in that?

It looks like it's about 1000 miles, so if I ride conservatively I'm looking at about 3 days of travel.

I'd be leaving on Saturday so not a lot of time to prep!

Here's the tentative route I mapped out with your ideas:

View Directions to Sun City, AZ in a larger map

Luke308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #24582
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsoutSHO View Post
Will I have to cut a link off to use a clip style master link?
All aftermarket chains use a master link and clip. A 108 link chain includes the master link. Think of links as the pins. If you count the pins that is how many links you have. A master link has two pins. And of course you know the master link circlip has the closed end facing forward so it won't get pushed off if it hits something.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #24583
rydnseek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke308 View Post
Posted this in the Trip Planning forum but thought I'd put it down here as well.

I have a job interview in Phoenix next week and I'm thinking about riding there from Denver. Looking at taking slab the whole way but staying off the big interstate highways.

I'm still a little hesitant about the ride since my WRR isn't set up for long distance travel (stock everything, and have a set of D606's on the bike currently), but I'm also young and dumb enough to do it anyway :) I'm currently rolling with a set of Wolfman Enduro bags and tank bag, which are a bit small for everything I'd need to bring. I'm lusting after the Wolfman Expedition bags/racks but the price tag would seriously injure my budget. I could also really use a new sleeping bag. It would definitely be easiest to fly down there but where's the fun in that?

It looks like it's about 1000 miles, so if I ride conservatively I'm looking at about 3 days of travel.

I'd be leaving on Saturday so not a lot of time to prep!

Here's the tentative route I mapped out with your ideas:

View Directions to Sun City, AZ in a larger map

That's a nice route.. you'll be in the mountains most of the time, but it's not that cold, yet. Another option with some great views is to go west through moab, then down through mexican hat, kayenta, & through flagstaff. Less chance of rain, some nice views through monument valley, the Navajo Rez, & S. Utah. No freeway through there, either.

Good luck & ride safe!
scotty
rydnseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #24584
Luke308
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Thanks for ideas. I've been through Mexican Hat and that area before in my truck, so I thought I'd try something new. I need to find a way to bring more gas! NM/AZ is pretty desolate....

Luke308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #24585
skian g
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble View Post
All aftermarket chains use a master link and clip. A 108 link chain includes the master link. Think of links as the pins. If you count the pins that is how many links you have. A master link has two pins. And of course you know the master link circlip has the closed end facing forward so it won't get pushed off if it hits something.
I did know the closed end forward from HF but wasnt sure how everything was counted. So out of the box all in one piece you will have a chain with 106 pins and then a master link with 2 pins for a grand total of 108, correct?