Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #24796
SR1
I'm a Seoul Man...

Oddometer: 4,291
How much "hard riding (sand/climbing)" distance are you guys getting on the 3.1 tank?
My TAT trip will hopefully bring more attention to the need for more Cancer Research! Please go to http://www.gofundme.com/bxkt74 and check it out! No money goes to me or family, all to cancer research! Please donate at the location!!! Thanks!
SR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 AM   #24797
rydnseek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonguy95 View Post
Has anyone experienced trouble with the fuel pump working and then not working? A couple of times now I have come out after work to a fuel pump that won't turn on. Smack the base of the tank and turn switch, tada works.

Today went on a ride with the wife, her on her XT. 30 miles from the house the WR dies. Fuel pump won't turn on. Disassemble unplug the pump and check nothing. Tap around nothing. Hit with force nothing. Wife leaves to get the truck. Load the bike still nothing. Get home unload the bike, fuel pump kicks on bike starts.

7300 on the clock still have warranty so it is going in, but has anyone experienced this?

Thanks.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Are you sure it is the fuel pump? If you've re routed wiring on the handlebars, sometimes the connector coming from the starter switch gets too tight, & the plug pulls out.. i had an intermittent problem with this once.. drove me crazy to find it. It happened again last week, but i suspected it right off. The dash lights come on, but no fuel pump, & the starter won't turn over.

If your starter turns over, but just no fuel pump sound, then that is probably not it. But if you don't have starter or fuel pump, that wire might be suspect. I ended up re routing the wire so it went on the inside of the bars & it has plenty of slack. The plug is under the radiator.. have to move the tank back, take off the radiator bolts, then get at the plug underneath.
rydnseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #24798
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Finally edited the video from the race. Most of the footage is from the 1st lap since that was before the camera started fogging over.

1st lap - 38 minutes - 5th place
2nd lap - 35 minutes - 2nd place
3rd lap - 35 minutes - 3rd place
4th lap - 35 minutes - 2nd place finish

Awesome stuff Krabill! Brings back memories of when I used to race motocross and did a few hare scrambles one sumer. Man do I hate trees LOL!

What tires (and sizes) were you running that day?
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #24799
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,465
I didn't change anything for the race, so the bike was set up the same way I always keep it.

13/47 sprockets

D606 tires

90/90-21 front

120/90-18 rear
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #24800
Neonguy95
Self Sponsored Rider

Oddometer: 300
Starter turns over, fuel pump does not kick in. The times it has happened at work I could hit the tank a few times and it would turn on. This last ride however it died while I was on it. Cycled the key and nothing.

Shop is closed this am, but I plan on taking it in tomorrow. Since it is now working guess I will take them the video I was shooting as proof.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Neonguy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #24801
Cromoth
Inspection due 5_31

Oddometer: 540
12v

I only expect to use it for light duty (GPS, phone) so I wired it into the headlight since I wanted it switched too. It sits inside the Wolfman Enduro tank bag & stays on/dry in the rain. A 2nd heavy duty fused/wired to the battery unswitched connection for Gerbings heated gear comes out on the left & tucks behind the seat. I don't know if you need to consider waterproof use. I hope to be at Recompence, see you there maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirthauler View Post
anyone do a cigarette lighter 12v power outlet? thinking that inside the left side faring???
Cromoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #24802
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 885
The only decent picture from the Hare Scramble.

onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #24803
Sock Monkey OP
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,919
Quote:
Finally edited the video from the race. Most of the footage is from the 1st lap since that was before the camera started fogging over.

Nice vid, and way to represent on the WRR!

Two questions: Did you figure out where the leak was that was causing the camera fogging? I'm debating Contour vs. GoPro.... Also, what bikes were the other guys in your class riding? Looked like maybe a Husky and a couple KTMs?

Thanks again!

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #24804
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 885
Great Vid Krabill! That course looks fantastic compared to the slop we rode in yesterday.

Quote:

onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #24805
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1 View Post
How much "hard riding (sand/climbing)" distance are you guys getting on the 3.1 tank?
My worst MPG's on the WR came from high speed slab riding, averaging 45-50mpg netting me a maximum range of 150 miles. As in I filled up with 3.098423 gallons at 150 miles on the nose. With a programmer you might be able to drain the tank faster since you'll be adding more fuel, but I think at the worst worst you could expect would be 120-130 miles.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #24806
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Nice vid, and way to represent on the WRR!

Two questions: Did you figure out where the leak was that was causing the camera fogging? I'm debating Contour vs. GoPro.... Also, what bikes were the other guys in your class riding? Looked like maybe a Husky and a couple KTMs?

Thanks again!

-SM
I'm 99% sure there was moisture in the housing before I closed it up in the morning. It sat in the open air all night and it got pretty cool that night. Most everything that was sitting out had moisture on it in the morning. Being sealed up in the housing when the sun started coming up and warming everything caused the condensation in the housing. I don't think it leaks at all, the moisture was in there before I closed it up. Just didn't think about it.

From what I've seen, the video from the Contour is better quality than the GoPro, but all my friends have GoPros so I just went with that for consistency.

As far as the other bikes go, there were a couple KTM's, one Honda, and a Kawasaki. The winner was on a Honda.

Finishing order:

1st - Honda
2nd - Yamaha (me)
3rd - KTM
4th - KTM
5th - Kawasaki
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #24807
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,790
And my one shot...pre the mudfest of the rest of the track.
Attached Images

DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #24808
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,107
Was just reading a ride report from a guy with a WRR who encountered the problem with the chain eating through the bottom of his swingarm and it got me to thinking....

I've lowered my WRR with the stock lowering option, and might install a Yamalink to lower it some more. I am on the stock chain/sprockets right now, but will probably go to a 14t front sprocket at some point. Does anybody think that lowering the WRR can add to this chain-eating-the-swingarm problem?
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #24809
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
lowering the WRR can add to this chain-eating-the-swingarm problem?
I think the general consensus is it's the 12 tooth counter shaft sprocket along with too tight a chain is the culprit.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #24810
AKASY
Noob

Oddometer: 2,149
Cig

Just a heads up---I used those same cig adapters. Sooner or later a little water will get in--it then corrodes and shorts the center electorode to the side wall and sits there draining the battery. Want to know how I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
Did mine this way HDP top clamp: