User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #25081
NED RECK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Corbin or sargeant?

Holy cow! What a thread. Been looking at both seats. I have a corbin flat on my klr and am quite happy with the seat (15k miles on it). If i remember right, i ordered it a bit wider at 13.5 inches at its max width. I'm 6 ft 205 lbs fwiw.

My ? Is, how wide is your corbin or sargeant on your wr/r/x and how do you like it? I cant make up my flippin mind. I wanna back-road tour this thing!
• We are all users. Most everyone seeks to intentionally affect consciousness in one way or another, from caffeine and alcohol to practices such as yoga or running. We support the use of pharmaceuticals to manage moods.
So we should rethink “use,” especially the urge to get high, as a human appetite and broaden our understanding of that desire.
NED RECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #25082
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1 View Post
OK, I'm game for this discussion, so I looked at the setup on the Wolfman site and I'd still have to buy the Wolfman racks just to put this Rotopax plate on, right?

Again, I probably worded it wrong, it's not that it won't work, it's that I don't want to put the entire Wolfman rack on just for the luxury of putting a Rotopax canister on the bike. Please clear me up here, thanks.
Yes to use the wolfman rotopax rack you'll need at least their left side rack. Why not just bolt the rotopax in the place where the rear rack normally goes like some others have done? Any reason other than the understandable one of price that you're not interested in the wolfman racks?
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #25083
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Don't forget about the seat concepts replacement foam and cover. Costs 1/3 of the Corbin or Sargent, simply replaces your stock foam and cover for a wider and more comfortable piece.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #25084
NED RECK
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned reck View Post
holy cow! What a thread. Been looking at both seats. I have a corbin flat on my klr and am quite happy with the seat (15k miles on it). If i remember right, i ordered it a bit wider at 13.5 inches at its max width. I'm 6 ft 205 lbs fwiw.

My ? Is, how wide is your corbin or sargeant on your wr/r/x and how do you like it? I cant make up my flippin mind. I wanna back-road tour this thing!

yes, seems like i read about the seat concepts idea a few hundred pages back. How wide is the finished product and how does it compare to the corbin or sargeant. 300-350 mile slab days reasonable?
• We are all users. Most everyone seeks to intentionally affect consciousness in one way or another, from caffeine and alcohol to practices such as yoga or running. We support the use of pharmaceuticals to manage moods.
So we should rethink “use,” especially the urge to get high, as a human appetite and broaden our understanding of that desire.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #25085
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

I'm the wrong person to ask as I'm in the small minority who think the stock seat is just fine for that with the addition of a sheepskin butt pad. To be fair I'm probably going to get a seat concept to replace my foam as its getting up there in mileage and starting to wear out.

The Sargent has a significantly wider pan and therefore should be wider. No idea about the corbin. The only non-stock seat I've test sat was the Rick Mayer my friend has on his WRR. Its nice as well.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #25086
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,452
Fine with the stock seat here. NJ to AL and back, about 2600 miles round trip including "in and around" and very happy with the stock seat.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #25087
NED RECK
Adventurer

THANKS SKIERD. JUST SKIMMED THE RICK MAYER SITE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ONLY MAKE CUSTOMS. ANY OTHER PRODUCTION SEAT OPTIONS THAT I SHOULD CONSIDER?
Old 10-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #25088
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
Fine with the stock seat here. NJ to AL and back, about 2600 miles round trip including "in and around" and very happy with the stock seat.
In how many days? I did 2200 in 4 days with the seat concepts seat and my ass was killing me. No way I would have done that on the stock seat.
onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #25089
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

I've done two 6600 mile trips on the stock seat, one for 21 days the other 25 or 26 days. 550 mile days are gonna hurt regardless of the seat on this bike methinks... looks like you have a fun trip regardless though.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #25090
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierd View Post
550 mile days are gonna hurt regardless of the seat on this bike methinks...
True. But if the seat concepts seat hurt that bad, I can't imagine what the stock seat would have felt like.
onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #25091
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,224
I'm driving over to Seat Concepts tomorrow......had surgery last week so I can't ride for a few weeks.....having them make me a new cover for one of my KTM seats.

The WR seat cover has been great. I've put about ~11K miles on the bike with the Seat Concepts cover.....and that includes many LONG days in the saddle (my ass defines any 300+ mile day as a long day.....on ANY bike.....street or dirt )

I may have them re-do the top of my WR seat. I think I'd prefer a "non-gripper" top for dualsporting. May just have them use the same side panel material on the top. Though Lendon tells me he has a new gripper material that's not as grippy as the original (my WR seat was the first one they covered....they used it as a template).

As mentioned by others, you can't go wrong when you look at the price/quality of comparable seats by others. Lendon and Robert are good folks with a good/reasonably priced product.

Link to my original post: http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t2...=seat+concepts
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com

Crawdaddy screwed with this post 10-16-2011 at 04:12 PM
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #25092
NED RECK
Adventurer

Those are some impressive miles Skierd, but I've found that when my ass is comfy, I'm comfy. No matter what bike. The thing I noticed on the Corbin flat that I put on the KLR was, just the difference in width made me more comfortable. No special material or sheepskin or beads. just the width. I fact, the seat mentioned is really kinda firm. I just like being able to get both cheeks "on" or partially on rather than be split open by it on a long trip.

p.s. I still realize we're talking about a 250 here!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #25093
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav72 View Post
In how many days? I did 2200 in 4 days with the seat concepts seat and my ass was killing me. No way I would have done that on the stock seat.
First, what skierd said is true...there were some days where no matter what my ass woulda been killing me...

I think it was a 480 mile day, then 300, 300, 250, then on the way home like 250, 300 and 600. The mileage on the way home doesn't add up, because I reached Frederick MD and mutinied against myself.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #25094
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

From a discussion on the S10 thread...

Quote:
I'm always curious about this....maybe I should start a poll.

I think the OEM seat on my bike is:

a) Uncomfortable and I have a big fat ass

b) Uncomfortable and I have no ass

c) Uncomfortable because it's impossible to make me happy, I notice everything (also check this if you think it's because you have 'discerning tastes' or 'demand quality')

d) Comfortable and I have a big fat ass

e) Comfortable and I have no ass

f) Comfortable because I just don't notice shit like this. I think a 2x4 is comfortable.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #25095
wtiger
Submariner

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
First, what skierd said is true...there were some days where no matter what my ass woulda been killing me...

I think it was a 480 mile day, then 300, 300, 250, then on the way home like 250, 300 and 600. The mileage on the way home doesn't add up, because I reached Frederick MD and mutinied against myself.
a month ago we did a 1300 mile route, and i used for the first time sweetcheeks. it was a 30$ mod, one of the cheapest things i have done to the wr, and on the 500 mile last day, never once did i think of my ass. and it didnt bother me doing some rocky dirt roads etc...

something to consider...
wtiger is offline   Reply With Quote