Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #25156
jgino157
Yer' mom!!!

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by coresports View Post
i am really happy with my wheels from wheeling, stock hubs laced to black sm pro rims, spacers, sprockets and rotors even includes the bolts, forrest @ wheeling has my vote! you get what you pay for.
So, are the rotors, spacers and sprockets included in the $850 price from Wheeling?? It doesn't list them, so I was assuming it would all have to be purchased separately.......
Colorado 2012
UPAT 2011 2014
jgino157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #25157
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav72 View Post
It's closer to 30 lbs but whose counting? You're right, there's no fuel sloshing with the big tank. I just imagined it. All that gas stays right where it's suppose to be on those gravel roads.

Dey axed you fer yer peaches then tol' you dey're rotten.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #25158
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #25159
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
You keep it down over there. Didn't you blow up the most reliable dual sport motor on the planet from your hard riding?
onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #25160
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
EJK controller review

I bought one of these last week http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-WR250...item3a6b72aedc and put it on the wr tonight. It was easy to put on and the instructions are real good. Went for a ride ( in the rain ) and the bike seems to pull harder and sounds better. Over all very happy and the price was GREAT. Alan
alansz400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #25161
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,101
Quote:
Yep, there's no fuel sloshing in the 4.75, the stock shock is awesome and the stock tires are great in the dirt.
You and your blowhard pals kill this thread. If you were such hero's you'd be gridding up on real racebikes in a real race. Most of us have. Instead you ride a playbike against the most basic hobbiest's and disrespect the rest of us.

The stock tires and suspension are great for all kinds of dirt for all kinds of riders. Even you.

Asshole
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #25162
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
You and your blowhard pals kill this thread. If you were such hero's you'd be gridding up on real racebikes in a real race. Most of us have. Instead you ride a playbike against the most basic hobbiest's and disrespect the rest of us.

The stock tires and suspension are great for all kinds of dirt for all kinds of riders. Even you.

Asshole
Actually, that kind of post ruins a thread. You have a problem with me, or anyone for the matter, take it up in a PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #25163
bpg
Off Trail

Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post

Asshole
FWIW, no hero here - only been riding dirt 2 years, but even with that limited experience it was pretty obvious that the stock tires and suspension are no good for how and where I like to ride. I'm not saying that this makes me a better rider than someone happy with all OEM (not by a long shot! ), simply a personal opinion.

I can honestly say that every mod I've done to the WRR has been worth the money and time, and made a "very good" bike into a "very great" bike, for my desired riding. And it's people pushing the envelope that have really helped to iron out some of these great mods - I appreciate their sharing in the spirit of the forum!

Let's keep the personal stuff on a personal level please (PM or one of those other folders),
'02 Honda CBR1100XX

bpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #25164
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpg View Post
Let's keep the personal stuff on a personal level please (PM or one of those other folders),
Good idea. Let's keep this thread on track and take personal stuff to PM.. Or use the Ignore function.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #25165
bpg
Off Trail

Oddometer: 563
MT43 report

Well, I finally replaced my rear MT43 last weekend - but not until I squeezed another 250 street miles out of it!

this was on the way to the Fuzzy Beaver Rally in western NC: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...719630&page=25

yeah I know, I'm too poor to afford ultralight camping gear and too lazy to compress every sock, pair o' boxers, shirt, etc. when packing - get over it!

Anyway, ended up with 3500 miles on the MT43. As you can see, it still had a lot of life left for street/commuting, and actually still gripped very well off road as long as it wasn't too wet. This was about 2X the life I was getting from aggressive DOT and non-DOT knobbies, with significantly better traction in all off road conditions other than pure mud.

After seeing what the new MT43 could do off road at the rally (uber-steep 5 minute "hill" climbs countless wet log and rock crossings, etc), quite a few folks were asking about it - might have converted a few!
'02 Honda CBR1100XX

bpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #25166
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,440
Quote:
You keep it down over there. Didn't you blow up the most reliable dual sport motor on the planet from your hard riding?
Heheh....I did didn't I?

I'm sure you're all judging....harshly

FYI, the crank & rod are being memorialized into a big plaque/paperweight thing for my desk--by the guys at the shop. Wooden base, all polished and mounted nice.

Crazy right? I need to ride it...but the S10 is like macht schneller to work...hard to pass it up. :) Soon we ride, that not-a-racebike WR makes a sweet sweet sound--beckons you, "Anywhere boss?"
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #25167
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpg View Post
I can honestly say that every mod I've done to the WRR has been worth the money and time, and made a "very good" bike into a "very great" bike, for my desired riding. And it's people pushing the envelope that have really helped to iron out some of these great mods - I appreciate their sharing in the spirit of the forum! :

Quote:
FYI, the crank & rod are being memorialized into a big plaque/paperweight thing for my desk--by the guys at the shop. Wooden base, all polished and mounted nice.
That sounds pretty cool. Post pics when you get it.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #25168
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,146
W/O breaking the bank on hollow titanium bolts and such has anyone tried to quantify making the WRR as light as "reasonably" possible?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #25169
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
I have the BT-003's front and rear on my X. Awesome tire... tons of grip. I think I have about 1500 miles on them and they are looking pretty good. As a reference, I got about 3000 miles out of the stock tires, and actually should have changed them sooner since the rear was practically a slick. And just an FYI, from what I hear the BT-003 isn't that great in the rain, although I have no experience there so far.

Thanks for the input. I've seen reviews on its wet performance go both ways, guess ill find out. Bridgestone says its supposed to also be the successor to the bt090. Unless there's standing water compound matters more than tread... if I can handle all that fuel sloshing around with my stock shock trying to kill me.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #25170
Attico
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,818
Yes, all you need to do is to buy a ktm or bmw 450, or a husqvarna.....

Kidding......

I took the huge tail off, passenger pegs, reflector brackets, etc...reLly no more that 10lbs. Not much weight to take off really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
W/O breaking the bank on hollow titanium bolts and such has anyone tried to quantify making the WRR as light as "reasonably" possible?