Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #26701
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydnseek View Post
azTom on a ride today... pic says it all.

Careful there AZ, as one Senior Citizen to another, live to ride another day! Great picture though. Looks like how I felt and looked trying to get up Tin Cup pass from the North Side......didn't make it.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #26702
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,520
Quote:

Airlift out anyone?? Iv'e had worse days but at the moment none come to mind My caption for this pic. would be I think shuffle board would be soo much easier!!

AZ TOM screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 12:30 PM
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #26703
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
Careful there AZ, as one Senior Citizen to another, live to ride another day! Great picture though. Looks like how I felt and looked trying to get up Tin Cup pass from the North Side......didn't make it.
Not to worry, my crew including 80 year old Taylor on an ATV came to my rescue Got the bike out of it's troubled spot & we comtinued on

AZ TOM screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 08:06 AM
Old 01-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #26704
flatboarder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Not to worry, my crew including 80 year old Taylor on an ATV came to my rescue Got the bike out of it's troubled spot & we comtinues on
Pic of the year. Thanks. Great.
Phil
flatboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #26705
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,878
Quote:
Not to worry, my crew including 80 year old Taylor on an ATV came to my rescue Got the bike out of it's troubled spot & we comtinued on
Did you crash there or was it just time for a break?

Looks like about how I felt riding some gnarlly single track above Taylor Park last September. Several times.
The little WRR just kept on chugging up and over , never missed a beat, it just had to stop and wait for me every 1/4 mile while I sat on a rock and regrouped.

My crew, one riding buddy several years younger than me, just sat there and looked at me until I could get up again. Of course I think he was glad for the rest stops

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #26706
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post

Looks like about how I felt riding some gnarlly single track above Taylor Park last September. Several times.
The little WRR just kept on chugging up and over , never missed a beat, it just had to stop and wait for me every 1/4 mile while I sat on a rock and regrouped.

My crew, one riding buddy several years younger than me, just sat there and looked at me until I could get up again. Of course I think he was glad for the rest stops

The only thing that crashed was my energy level
Old 01-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #26707
thornstein
Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post

I must have been on that same track in October. At a couple points I was looking for a place to video a goodbye message to the family in hopes they would find the memory card when they found my body. Luckily there was a way out going forward cause there was no way in hell that I would have made it out by backtracking. It improved my skills but they are still nothing compared to my riding buddies.
thornstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #26708
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornstein View Post
I must have been on that same track in October. At a couple points I was looking for a place to video a goodbye message to the family in hopes they would find the memory card when they found my body. Luckily there was a way out going forward cause there was no way in hell that I would have made it out by backtracking. It improved my skills but they are still nothing compared to my riding buddies.
For us, at least for me backtracking was not an option
Old 01-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #26709
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornstein View Post
I must have been on that same track in October. At a couple points I was looking for a place to video a goodbye message to the family in hopes they would find the memory card when they found my body.

Quote:
For us, at least for me backtracking was not an option
How about helicopter? Probably couldn't land there anyway.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #26710
res0zvle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Great idea. Can you attach a spare cig plug to an existing trickle charger or do you have to be concerned about the voltage/amp differences. I have a trickle charger that I plug straight to the batter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz View Post
Very nice electrical setup.

You can, of course, trickle charge through the always-on Cig#1 or Cig#2 with a suitable adapter (trickle charger SAE to Cig) ...
res0zvle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #26711
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by res0zvle View Post
Great idea. Can you attach a spare cig plug to an existing trickle charger or do you have to be concerned about the voltage/amp differences. I have a trickle charger that I plug straight to the batter.
A simple trickle charge won't cause any issues; don't connect a high-powered battery charger to anything but the battery itself though.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #26712
res0zvle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Great, thanks - now I wont have to take off my seat to charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
A simple trickle charge won't cause any issues; don't connect a high-powered battery charger to anything but the battery itself though.
res0zvle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #26713
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Anyone have an opinion on aftermarket steel handlebars? Outlaw Racing has some "Ultra High Strength Steel" bars. Think they're truly any stronger than any other steel bars, or just fancy marketing? I'd like to stick with steel so my heated grip cartridges still work, but I don't want them to bend again.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #26714
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oddometer: 2,404
Waiting for winter to end, so I spent a couple of hours cleaning the spokes for my 17" wheels and mounting new OEM brake rotors (the original rotors were transferred to the SM Pro dirt rims). Also swapped out the OEM 42T sprocket for a steel SuperSprox 48T. With so much time to kill, I even went the extra step of getting fancy stainless steel button head Allen bolts and used a small dab of blue Loctite.

Now if spring would just hurry up....

FY-YFF
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
thumpididump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #26715
rydnseek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
Quote:

In all fairness, Tom was/is recovering from a shoulder operation. He had on a cool weather jacket for his ride over from prescott, so he was also overheated. It was after 2pm by now, & well past our lunch time. We were supposed to be on an 'easy' ride with some new friends.. we won't be seeing them again. Even Kim rode his quad.. this trail was pretty tough. The rocks were big & never let up. The hills were steep & kept going.

Fortunately, after this, the trail leveled out & we had only one long, rocky downhill section, with a couple of more water crossings. Then he had another 50 miles or so to get back to prescott.
rydnseek is offline   Reply With Quote