User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #29521
yaw
lost

Oddometer: 73
13/48 112

I've run a 13/48 112 link for the last 14,000 miles (primary drive). Only noticed a bit of wear on the slider after I hit the white rim trial in Moab. Thinking I'm getting close to replacing both the chain and the sprockets though both still look good. Did about 7,000 miles total from Oregon in April and May. The bike ran, and ran. Many 70-75mph days on the highway. A bunch of dirt thrown in. I averaged 300 miles a day overall. It is the bike that just goes. No complaints.
yaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #29522
Attico
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,753
A few months ago I busted my headlight and the stock replacement unit from Yamaha is ~$230. Too rich considering....

I wanted to replace the lens because if I ever sold the bike I'd need to do that anyway, and I don't ride too much at night anyway. The 8" race lights are tempting, but I might have something up my sleeve later...

Regardless I looked for another source for the lens. I saw a few old posts on TT that indicated the Baja Designs diablo rally light replacement lens fit, but it wasn't really clear if it did or not.

I ordered part number 60-0002. It fits perfectly and at $40 the price is hard to beat. It is also a pound lighter than the stock one.

Just as a side note: You don't need the mounting tabs or anything like that. There is nothing to adapt or modify. There is a parking light, but I chose to do nothing with the wires for now. I might hook it up or put in a rubber plug...

Hope this helps someone out later. Cheers.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #29523
TrailDust&SaddleLthr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
Hey guys am I missing something here above my mud flap??
It doesn't look right to me. I can't seem to see anything broke though.
You are not missing anything... mine is the same... 2 holes, nothing attached to those... on the right of it is a small piece of aluminum foil... looks like the oversized edge of the tank shield mat, but nothing is missing on your bike when compared to mine.
TrailDust&SaddleLthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #29524
TrailDust&SaddleLthr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Lose the bootie :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET-VT View Post
So, I just installed a Zeta 3-finger brake lever. I'm already annoyed with myself because I didn't realize that Wheeling had 3-finger DRC levers for $40 less until after I ordered the Zeta. Anyway, the rubber bootie from the OEM lever doesn't really come close to fitting on the Zeta. Are there other booties that fit? Should I just cut down the original one so it kind of fits? Should I just not care and go without the rubber?
Both my Zeta levers were installed by the dealership mechanic... OEM boot was removed on the brake side and there was never any on the clutch side. Neither of my Zeta levers have rubber booties over them... I don't think they are needed... either way, I am not missing them!

I don't know why you should be upset about not seeing those $8.95 DRC levers before purchasing the Zetas... there is a reason why the Zetas are $40.00 more... apples and oranges! You got the good ones... be happy!
TrailDust&SaddleLthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #29525
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCoop View Post
I commute everyday on my WRR. It does 70-75 easily with my 215#'s on it. I generally ride in the 60's though because that grants me better mpg and I am chea...errr...frugal and like to get the best mpg I can while commuting .
What fuel mileage are you getting ?
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #29526
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GUY View Post
What fuel mileage are you getting ?
Similar usage, i get 45-50mpg riding at 70-75mph. 60-65mph nets 50-55mpg, 45-55mph nets 65+mpg if not ridden too aggressively.

As far as covering the zeta levers, the boots will stretch and fit. Mine did on the first bike anyways. Im just as happy with the plain cheap short drc levers though.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #29527
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,766
I'll tell you what, I think I am rediscovering the WRR. Since I got the KTM, I have stopped riding the WRR on tight single track. Instead, I have been using it for a fun run around bike, able to do pavement or dirt. The last two nights, I have been using it for the TOR( Tag O Rama) games in the NE section of the regional forums.

For regular hard riding, and with hydration/back pack, I put on almost 30 lbs of gear. For the fun running around, and planning little dirt routes to get too and from the TAG's, I am squidding it a bit and riding in jeans, work boots, t shirt and of course DS helmet and gloves. I feel so free and giddy scooting down the roads, kicking out the back end, and just cruising along.

Now if I could just find a tire that would work well in sand AND work well on pavment, I'd ride it all the time.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #29528
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post

For the fun running around, and planning little dirt routes to get too and from the TAG's, I am squidding it a bit and riding in jeans, work boots, t shirt and of course DS helmet and gloves. I feel so free and giddy scooting down the roads, kicking out the back end, and just cruising along.
I hear you Doug. During this hot spell, I have been riding around in jeans, a mesh armored jacket, Lee Parks deer-skin gloves and of course a helmet. If riding more than a few dozen kilometers / minutes, I wear Gaerne Oiled Balanced boots.

After all these years of ATTGATT, the weird thing is I almost feel guilty when not wearing all the gear. But it sure is nice to "go naked" sometimes.

I still cringe when I see a sportbike rider with his T shirt blowing up around his neck, and white sneakers pointing at the road like penguin flippers. Even worse when there is a pretty young woman on the back with exposed skin that would end up left on the road should something happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Now if I could just find a tire that would work well in sand AND work well on pavment, I'd ride it all the time.
You're seeking the Holy Grail too, eh? Please let us know when you find it.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #29529
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Yeah, I am not pushing lack of gear or anything like that, but since I am riding mostly dirt roads, and I accept the minor potential risk of injury. It is a lot safer on the dirt roads, than trying to race my friends over whooped out trails between 24" spaced trees.

But I know what you mean..I have some guilt feeling in the back of my head too.

as far as tire, I agree that is the holy grail.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #29530
Sewerat
Cert. bike whore

Oddometer: 1,197
I'm telling ya go try or at least look at a kenda trackmaster 2. Cheap enough tire dot approved and lasts 5000kms on the street with no problem. Now I don't like the front trackmaster
Old 07-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #29531
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,797
Love the trackmaster.
Dunlop 756 on the front.
I air up to 20-25 unless I'm in nasty mud though. It helps the spongy feeling of a MX tire.
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #29532
Daamud
AAAAAYYY!

Oddometer: 2,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewerat View Post
I'm telling ya go try or at least look at a kenda trackmaster 2. Cheap enough tire dot approved and lasts 5000kms on the street with no problem. Now I don't like the front trackmaster

Old 07-07-2012, 04:26 AM   #29533
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewerat View Post
I have TM2's, on my DRZ. I used to ride 50 ish miles round trip to get to where we would ride. I felt they wore down quicker than I would have liked, but did do well enough in the sand...the front not as well. That is when I went to the Pirelli XCMH's I am on now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
Love the trackmaster.
Dunlop 756 on the front.
I air up to 20-25 unless I'm in nasty mud though. It helps the spongy feeling of a MX tire.
The spongy feel is what we have to have for the sand.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #29534
ejtv
Per ipsum

Oddometer: 1,257
Go-Race Suspension review after 1500 miles in Colorado and Utah

We got Travis to re-do the suspensions of our two WR's. For those of you who are wondering if it is worth it…It is. Go-Race suspension for the WR makes a HUGE difference on and off road.

I made the decision after struggling on very steep and rocky terrain and blowing front fork seals on three different week long trips. September of last year I also tested my riding's partner KTM. I then started reading on the web about what to do. Go-Race is not going to convert the WR into a KTM enduro or MX racer, but it does allow the bike to handle with much less strain and less effort on any condition, but especially when it gets rough, taking for riding to the next level. Needless to say, the KYB seals are great too and so far, no leaks.

Here they are doing Lockhart Basin and Elephant Hill in Utah a couple of weeks ago:

Road Reports by ejtv click here
ejtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #29535
johnnyadventurepants
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Nice. Always like to see action shots!