User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 AM   #29761
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,876
Have both Wolfman stuff & GL

I generally leave the Wolfman enduros saddle bags on the bike as has been mentioned above. I also have the larger Wolf tail bag and the smaller Peak tail bag. And WM enduro tank bags for both my WR and Dakar. This gives me lots of packing options for short or long, summer or winter trips. The larger Wolfman tail bag seems almost too large on the WR, IMO.

The same bags can also be used on my Dakar (pix of both by clicking on my sig line below).

But if I'm doing multiple days, especially in winter when I need to pack more stuff, I'll use the GL Coyote, plus the larger tail bag usually. If packed correctly this combo holds a ton! The cinch straps on the Coyote are great as well to tie on additional gear.

To get the equivalent cubic liters of just the Coyote with the Wolfman gear you'd need both the larger tail bag plus the saddle bags, which would make the cost about even.

All the Wolfman stuff and the GL Coyote are well made and have given years of service with no issues for me.

If I had to go with one or the other I'd probably go with GL if it's to be used mainly for camping and with the WM gear if I planned to leave bags on the bike all the time.

Hope that is helpful.
GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:37 AM   #29762
Joe Watson
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,028
Nope, the factory WR250R lever has an adjustment screw so you can take that "slop" out of the lever so it is permanently touching the master cylinder. take a look under the rubber boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
When I read this I thought so...........whats the problem? I didnt think they always touched anyway. So this afternoon when I was in the bike shed I looked at some of the bikes and quads. The BMWs touch, the Yame quads touch, the WR Fs touch, the FZ1 touches but the WR250R and XT250 do not touch with factory levers. So why worry, I guessing it was designed that way.
Joe Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #29763
northerndancer
wandering spirit

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
Dual Sport Plus is the best Canadian store for dual-sport riders I know of: http://www.dualsportplus.com/category_s/1849.htm

Thanks Jon_l I will check them out.
northerndancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #29764
northerndancer
wandering spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierd View Post
If you want to leave the bags on the bike all the time, get the wolfmans. They work and fit best with the straps run under the seat. I love mine and leave them on most of the time since they are so useful for running errands and light shopping trips. If you want the bags off the bike most of the time, get the Coyote. They'll remove easier and will still leave enough room on the tail for a small tailbag.

Heres a pic of my bike with the original enduro saddlebags, my walmart tent, a waterproof stuff sack and gas can on the Dalton highway back in June to give you an idea what kind of room you have.

Good info Skierd and GSBS. Skierd, are you using so much gas that you need a pipeline? Don't the big tank and the gerry can hold enough?

I'm leaning towards the Enduro bags. It will give me more room for other options on the top and tail. I like the one piece of the GL but it looks like it would interfere with the pelican case I usually have on the gytr rack. Thanks again for the feedback. Now off to empty the pocket change jar. After a winter of daily 'donations' it should just about cover the cost.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #29765
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Good feedback Skierd. I was thinking I'd want the bags only for occasional travel, and the tailbag for everyday. But perhaps the better idea is Wolfman saddlebags for everyday, since the weight is carried lower, and capacity is a little higher.
Ah stop trying to rationalize it. It's obvious you like the WM bags better because you are willing to change what you said you wanted to do to make them seem like the right choice. Just get them and be happy
Old 07-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #29766
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Watson View Post
Nope, the factory WR250R lever has an adjustment screw so you can take that "slop" out of the lever so it is permanently touching the master cylinder. take a look under the rubber boot.
Yep, I looked, there is a gap 'cause you can adjust the lever for the feel/distance from bar, that you want. And without the "free travel" the lever is just too far out for me when braking. I like a lot of free travel on both my front and rear brakes, dont want to be on them by accident. I want to have a hold on the lever without applying the brakes. You can still adjust your lever so its in the position you want with brakes activated right? Or are you wanting the brakes to activate with an ever so slight touch? Then you may have a problem, with this set up.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #29767
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS View Post
I generally leave the Wolfman enduros saddle bags on the bike as has been mentioned above. I also have the larger Wolf tail bag and the smaller Peak tail bag. And WM enduro tank bags for both my WR and Dakar. This gives me lots of packing options for short or long, summer or winter trips. The larger Wolfman tail bag seems almost too large on the WR, IMO.

The same bags can also be used on my Dakar (pix of both by clicking on my sig line below).

But if I'm doing multiple days, especially in winter when I need to pack more stuff, I'll use the GL Coyote, plus the larger tail bag usually. If packed correctly this combo holds a ton! The cinch straps on the Coyote are great as well to tie on additional gear.

To get the equivalent cubic liters of just the Coyote with the Wolfman gear you'd need both the larger tail bag plus the saddle bags, which would make the cost about even.

All the Wolfman stuff and the GL Coyote are well made and have given years of service with no issues for me.

If I had to go with one or the other I'd probably go with GL if it's to be used mainly for camping and with the WM gear if I planned to leave bags on the bike all the time.

Hope that is helpful.
Good stuff. Thanks
Old 07-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #29768
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,220
Anybody want a K&N Air filter?

I recently purchased a Honda and this filter came in the box with the bike. I have no use for it. Fits 2003-2013 wr450f and 250f.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=ya-4503

I don't know the difference between the f and the r.

Anyway, PM me if you want it... just pay shipping (no handling charges )

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #29769
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCoop View Post
Ah stop trying to rationalize it. It's obvious you like the WM bags better because you are willing to change what you said you wanted to do to make them seem like the right choice. Just get them and be happy
OK, so I called Dual Sport Plus for a quote on the Wolfman. I'll probably go that way.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #29770
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post

I recently purchased a Honda and this filter came in the box with the bike. I have no use for it. Fits 2003-2013 wr450f and 250f.

Wrong bike thread. This is for the WR250 R/X Totally different bike than the F's.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #29771
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post

I'll take it! PM sent. Lucky for me I have both an F and an R. (and the kid has a 450F)
Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #29772
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
OK, so I called Dual Sport Plus for a quote on the Wolfman. I'll probably go that way.
Wolfman E12 saddle bags are on order from Dual Sport Plus. Should have them in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the input all.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #29773
riverman
Life is great !

Oddometer: 147
Northerndancer and Jon-L,

I am at the opposite end of the country and just got a Wolfman tankbag and fenderbag from Burnaby Kawasaki in B.C. as they are a Wolfman dealer for Canada. I had to wait a few weeks for the 4-point tankbag to arrive but was quite satisfied with the service I got there. Guy I dealt with was Jay Tait. Great products. I will get a chance to give them a good field test as I am headed for the interior of Gaspe in a couple weeks. 2600 km of ATV trails there.

'11 WR250R
'13 Tiger 800XC
riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #29774
northerndancer
wandering spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverman View Post
Northerndancer and Jon-L,

I am at the opposite end of the country and just got a Wolfman tankbag and fenderbag from Burnaby Kawasaki in B.C. as they are a Wolfman dealer for Canada. I had to wait a few weeks for the 4-point tankbag to arrive but was quite satisfied with the service I got there. Guy I dealt with was Jay Tait. Great products. I will get a chance to give them a good field test as I am headed for the interior of Gaspe in a couple weeks. 2600 km of ATV trails there.

Thanks Riverman. I will be in Vancouver next week. I'll see what they have in person. Enjoy the trip. Sounds like fun.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #29775
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
For the record RockyMountainATV has Wolfman bags. The E12's are $134.95 with free shipping (in the US). If I wasn't broke I would order some.