Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #30241
Rosie!
Little MissAdventure

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
I've been using one of the wolfman enduro carry all bags for years now on the WRR and it works great for
my tools and small compressor.

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Enduro..._carryall.html
+1
I use one of these to carry my DSLR on my WRR and it works really well.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:31 AM   #30242
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
That's why I use this "number plate bag" from dirt-bike-gear.com

Don't see the point of Wolfman's map flap...not gonna see the map unless I'm in attack position, and then I'm not looking down, I'm lookin' about 50 feet ahead.
Thanks HWD. I looked at dirt-bike-gear.com just now - that bag is huge! Looks nice too.

The clear window on the Wolfman Enduro Carry-All bag I assumed to be for a number, since the number plate is covered. After reading your post, I looked again, and their site indicates it is a removable map pocket. I guess to use it, you first remove it?

The Wolfman Enduro Tool bag I bought is bolted on, so mounting should be very secure. And I like that one can so easily undo the straps, peel the bag away from the Velcro, and take the bag to the repair (or motel, or leave it behind when scooting around town).

My only concern with mounting a bag there is keeping the headlight unobstructed. I emailed Wolfman yesterday, to ask whether the straps should be expected to prevent the bag from sagging with 5 or 6 lbs of stuff in it.

jon_l screwed with this post 08-24-2012 at 03:41 AM
jon_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:39 AM   #30243
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewerat View Post
I have the wolf man fender bag mounted up front and don't find it in the way of the light at all? I only have one tube and a pair of gloves in it but I also ride in the dark everyday either to work or from it. I can see the excess straps waving in the wind making shadows and I can also see the wolfman badge light up bright but doesn't effect my vision at night???
Don't know Sewerat, seems like it would affect the headlight quite a bit, but I have not mounted one on the WRR, as my Tusk fender bag went with my DR650 when I sold it. Maybe you are a much better tube packer ( ) than I am, and maybe the Wolfman fender bag is lower than the Tusk.

On the DR650, the Tusk bag was slightly in the path of the headlight, and the distance from fender to headlight seems greater than on the WRR.

DR650SE
Old 08-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #30244
1Down-5Up
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
I had a few pics in a trail saw thread but had to post one here. I mounted my 68cc Husky on the back of my R2 . I have the Wolfman racks to support the weight. The box is heavy itself plus almost 20 lbs of saw. It was a bonus to still use my rear rack bags.

My windscreen has brackets that would be good for mounting a tool bag to. TCI has the universal front rack that may interest some.
1Down-5Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #30245
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS View Post
I opened up the air box, installed a K&N filter, added an FMF silencer and removed the EXIF servo and AIS stuff at around 8k miles. A buddy showed me how to use the bike's computer to richen up the mixture so I never bothered with adding a Power Commander or similar aftermarket programer. The bike runs great and rips and today it has nearly 20k miles on it, so I think any issues relating to this would've shown up by now. I've never felt any desire to plunk down $250 for a programer since I'm happy with the bike as it is.

Somewhere in this thread around February 2011 is the how-to description of setting the computer, but at the moment I can't find it. Maybe someone smarter than me thought to bookmark it. But basically you're holding down one button until the display flashes with the key on, then another, etc., etc. until you reach the mode to change the settings. It goes from minus 30 to plus 30, so you have a total of 61 possibilities. To set it you just enter the correct mode and ride the bike, adjust, ride more, adjust, until you like it. Then it saves the setting when the bike is switched off. Mine stock was like minus 3 or 4 and I got the best performance and plus 3 or 4 I think. It's been a year-and-a-half so I don't remember exactly. Oh yeah, and while you're in the setting mode the speedo becomes a tachometer and the odometer isn't adding miles.

If I can find the access procedure I'll post it up later if you're interested.
+1 I'd really like to know how to set that also. I'm thinking I'd like to add a FMF pipe to my WR, but know I don't want to mess with buying, mounting and tweaking a programmer also.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #30246
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
+1 I'd really like to know how to set that also. I'm thinking I'd like to add a FMF pipe to my WR, but know I don't want to mess with buying, mounting and tweaking a programmer also.
10/17/2011 Post number 25170.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #30247
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,876
Thanks ADVCoop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCoop View Post
...or one click here
GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #30248
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
I was being lazy sorry .
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #30249
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Dual Star headlight guards

Has anyone found something like this for the WRR/X?

At 80 mil thick, this should be super tough, and cheap to boot, I am sure some of them either fit or can be cut to fit the WRR.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #30250
HardWorkingDog
Harvey Mushman

Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post

At 80 mil thick, this should be super tough, and cheap to boot, I am sure some of them either fit or can be cut to fit the WRR.

an inmate here makes a shield that fits the WRR/X.

http://shop.ironmandualsport.com/pro...categoryId=125

The 3-3/8" x 5" fits just right, as for a KTM EXC. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm sure it would do the job.

Next Trip: Divide & Conquer...

"it's a dog's life.............and I love it"
HardWorkingDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #30251
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCoop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS View Post
...or one click here
Terrific! Thanks both of you. My winter project - upgrade the WRX for next year's supermoto season. In between dirt rides of course
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #30252
thornstein
Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 115
Cee Bailey makes one for the r2. Got it, love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post

thornstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #30253
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Anyone else messed up the shifter spring? Mine popped out, and now looks like this (both ends of the spring visible):

I messed with it a bunch, and could get it working properly for a little bit, but then it would pop back out. are both ends supposed to be bent at a 90 degree angle (like the right end is)? I know Yamaha doesn't sell it as a separate piece, but any options besides replacing the entire thing?

MSR makes a $26 aluminum one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSR-Aluminum...a8caa3&vxp=mtr) But I'd rather not spend the money if it's a simple fix.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #30254
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,859
Those of you with Warp9 dirt wheels with the X rotor... have you had any issues with the rotor getting hung up off road or what not? Seems pretty spindly mounted especially compared to the stock X hub. Thinking about going back to dirt wheels after winter, there's so much exploring to do just within a few miles of town...
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #30255
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
an inmate here makes a shield that fits the WRR/X.

http://shop.ironmandualsport.com/pro...categoryId=125

The 3-3/8" x 5" fits just right, as for a KTM EXC. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm sure it would do the job.
Thanks HWD and Thorstein, those might be fine. I like that the Dual Star is a film, rather than a plastic sheet with Velcro tabs. To me film seems like a better, more invisible solution. 80 mils is 20-40 times thicker than 3M sign-makers vinyl you see on trucks and storefronts.

If I decide to put sheet material on Velcro, I'll probably do a homemade solution.