Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #30256
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Yup, I've seen the velcro solution fail on several occasions. Most often heat causing the adhesive to fail, rather than the velcro itself.

I'd prefer the film solution as well.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #30257
avgas
amateur

Oddometer: 81
free efi reprogram

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS View Post
...or one click here
This seems too good to be true. Does this really do much? I haven't done any performance mods, as I'm fairly happy with the power. I wouldn't mind a little more though, especially more power and smoothness down towards idle.
avgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #30258
Daamud
AAAAAYYY!

Oddometer: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierd View Post
Those of you with Warp9 dirt wheels with the X rotor... have you had any issues with the rotor getting hung up off road or what not? Seems pretty spindly mounted especially compared to the stock X hub. Thinking about going back to dirt wheels after winter, there's so much exploring to do just within a few miles of town...
3k miles so far, mostly off-road. Forest road, two track, single track and some boondocking. Rocks, sand, mud and logs. Everything is straight and true. No seal/bearing problems either... I'm a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avgas View Post
This seems too good to be true. Does this really do much? I haven't done any performance mods, as I'm fairly happy with the power. I wouldn't mind a little more though, especially more power and smoothness down towards idle.
I went up 4 numbers from the factory setting. Bike is 100% stock. Seems to start faster and a bunch less "throttle snach" off idle..... I'm a fan of this too.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #30259
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,050
other programmable areas

Quote:
...or one click here
Can other corrections be made in the diag mode? Speedo correction? or is Co the only field that can be selected
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #30260
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron555 View Post
Can other corrections be made in the diag mode? Speedo correction? or is Co the only field that can be selected
This is the only "correction" I'm aware of in this mode.

To calibrate the speedo you can buy this from 12oClockLabs for $80. I haven't bought one it cuz I've always got a GPS and use it to monitor speed. Also, from what I've read, with their "speedo healer" you can program it to correct the either speedometer or the odometer, but not both. That could've changed in the two years since I looked into it though.

My speedometer has always been off by 10 percent, but now it's off by around 15 percent since I geared down (+4T on rear) and started using the taller profile MT43 DOT trials rear tires. The speedo reads 82-83 mph to reach a "real" GPS speed of 70 mph.
GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #30261
SpokePlanter
n00b

Oddometer: 3
2nd fuel pump acting up

Yesterday my 2nd fuel pump started acting up, it was only around 90 degrees, but had been doing a lot of first and second gear riding in sand and the fan was running a lot. Turned it off and when I tried to restart it 5 minutes later the pump wouldn't run, pushed it to some shade and 30 minutes later it started fine. Rode home and shut it off and tried to restart and the same thing, pump wouldn't run, few minutes later and it worked fine, but didn't sound as smooth as normal.

This pump is less than 2 years old and only has 2700 miles on it. First pump only had 190 miles on it when it went bad.
Does anyone have a contact person/number at Yamaha?
SpokePlanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #30262
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,747
Quote:
...or one click here
GSBS - does this help tame the off-idle snatchy-ness? Mine runs fine everywhere except when I first roll-on, when it is like a light switch, rather than a linear progression. Doesn't matter on the street, but it isn't helpful off-road.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #30263
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
GSBS - does this help tame the off-idle snatchy-ness? Mine runs fine everywhere except when I first roll-on, when it is like a light switch, rather than a linear progression. Doesn't matter on the street, but it isn't helpful off-road.
I got rid of the off throttle "snatch" on mine, but had to physically move the Throttle Position Sensor.... no easy task. You use the Diagnostic mode to calibrate the sensor as you move it manually.

There's thread on the WR250R site that I did a write up with pics of the process. I'll have to go back and look to find the thread........... stand by.
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #30264
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5...on-off-at-idle

There's several pages of Discovery discussion which are good reading. My write up is on the third page.
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #30265
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks Bob. I read that thread, and decided I am not up to the challenge. I'm afraid with my wrenching skills I would cause more harm than good.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #30266
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Wolfman Enduro Tool Bag on headlight cowl

I mounted the Wolfman Enduro Tool Bag on headlight cowl today. Very pleased. Holds a lot, and the straps prevent sagging, so the bag doesn't interfere with the headlight.

Undo 2 Fastex buckles, peel the bag away from the Velcro mounting plate, and the bag is off. Mounting plate without bag is pretty ugly though.

Photo below of new E-12 saddlebags. They are on the bike, but I am still working on optimal mounting. The rear rack prevents the tensioning hook system for the rear fender from being mounted the way Wolfman intended. Once I get it figured out, I hope to rout one strap under the seat. I find the metal clips on the over-seat straps are difficult to adjust, though very secure once adjusted

Does anyone else have E-12s and a tailrack mounted? I'd love to see photos of how you solved the puzzle.

The Wolfman collection:

I'm hoping for a Wolfman dry duffel (size small, in yellow) for Christmas!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #30267
LoFlow
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 939
Jon, do you think that number panel bag will be distracting while riding. I definitely would like to utilize that space but I'm not sure I could get my brain to stop staring at that bag while riding. I guess sometimes I just fixate on the stupidest stuff.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #30268
Old_Crow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
So far I've only been able to smooth out the initial throttle response by using a throttle tamer by g2 ergonomics. I think it was like $60 which is a lot for a throttle tube but I'm really happy I did this mod. It really allows for more finesse withg initial roll on.

It's not perfect yet so I'm definitely going to adjust the tps at the end of the season using that link.

Old_Crow screwed with this post 08-25-2012 at 10:32 AM
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #30269
jimrobinette
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Does anyone else have E-12s and a tailrack mounted? I'd love to see photos of how you solved the puzzle.
I have a few thousand miles of desert riding with this setup. Obviously I tie back the straps when there is extra.

Down in Baja.

jimrobinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #30270
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrobinette View Post
I have a few thousand miles of desert riding with this setup. Obviously I tie back the straps when there is extra.

Jim,

Thanks for the pics. Did you remove the metal fender clips and just loop the straps through the rack?

EDIT: Removed the Wolfman strap with the steel fender clips, rigged a new rear strap through the rack's tie-down points, and routed one of the seat straps under the seat. Much happier now. Note the classy Super Soaker squirt-gun strap.

jon_l screwed with this post 08-25-2012 at 01:40 PM
jon_l is offline   Reply With Quote